Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Starks: FCC must pause T-Mobile/Sprint review in light of Lifeline investigation

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    LOL, well just for the record, I DID NOT give them that name, now did I? But you knew exactly what I was talking about, so there's that.
    I think what happened is that about the time Obama came into office, the cost of cellular service dropped to the point that companies could offer "free" phones and service in exchange for the $9.25 subsidy. A lot of people credited Obama with the freebie, including this one in particular.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    And yet every Obamaphone out there is being paid for with tax dollars and are handed out like concert flyers. Crack down on that abuse then get back to me about Sprint why don't you?
    Bush phones. The program with America Movil is from George W Bush, 43rd President of the United States... with grants created by an independent company authorized by Bill Clinton in the Telecommunications Act of 1996.... a change influenced by Ronald Reagan's plans following the breakup of AT&T in 1984 with what to do in the future with the Universal Service Fund... which was an update to the Telecommunications Act of 1934 under FDR... which only enshrined in law agreements that Woodrow Wilson made with telecom companies. President Obama had zero to do with the program at any point.

And it's called SafeLink, not Lifeline. Lifeline is totally different.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloTF View Post
    .....And it's called SafeLink, not Lifeline. Lifeline is totally different.
    SafeLink Wireless® is a service of Tracfone Wireless. Lifeline is the FCC program that pays for it.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs Max, Essential PH-1
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I would almost think the opposite, that this should be a reason to "fast track" (if you can say that about a merger that has already been 15ish months) the merger. By approving the merger, you get rid of most of the executives who are ultimately responsible for this problem, and likely the billing system that is being blamed for the SNAFU, as well.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    I would almost think the opposite, that this should be a reason to "fast track" (if you can say that about a merger that has already been 15ish months) the merger. By approving the merger, you get rid of most of the executives who are ultimately responsible for this problem, and likely the billing system that is being blamed for the SNAFU, as well.
    Kind of odd though that the billing system snafu was discovered in 2017 and that for whatever reason this has gone on for about 2+ years.

Sprint stated they told the FCC about right away (but the issue existed for a time before that unnoticed) and now the FCC suddenly sees an issue? Is that FCC that incompetent? The other side of the coin is how is it possible that other lifeline providers haven't had this issue themselves but Sprint hasn't been able to fix their issues? Is Sprint that incompetent?

Feedback Score
    Moral turpitude is a legal concept in the United States and prior to 1976, Canada, that refers to "an act or behavior that gravely violates the sentiment or accepted standard of the community".
    I remember having to read that nonsense when migrating here and check the box.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    And yet every Obamaphone out there is being paid for with tax dollars and are handed out like concert flyers. Crack down on that abuse then get back to me about Sprint why don't you?
    You do realize that cell phones were added to the Lifeline program under W, right?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app
    The 411 on Free 411
    Hanging Up on Telemarketers
    Need to waste some valuable time? Read my blog![/COLOR] Marion's Time Waster

Feedback Score
    Just say it's Obama & it's Obama right?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    LOL, well just for the record, I DID NOT give them that name, now did I? But you knew exactly what I was talking about, so there's that.
    Typical, someone spreads fake news then deflects when truth is pointed out. Lol,, really?
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Dale is a good friend of mine who happens to be a vet. He served this country and then some. He does NOT deserve the baseless attacks that he has received by some here on this forum.
    Last edited by trees12; 09-30-2019 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Typo
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Dave is a good friend of mine who happens to be a vet. He served this country and then some. He does NOT deserves the baseless attacks that he has received by some.
    Who is Dave? I missed it because I don't see him mentioned at all.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Who is Dave? I missed it because I don't see him mentioned at all.
    Typo my friend Dale!

Feedback Score
    You know that program was started under Bush?

Feedback Score
    Who gives a S!*t, it's an expression, can we move on? Sorry if your gal lost.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Who gives a S!*t, it's an expression, can we move on? Sorry if your gal lost.
    Thank God above that she lost!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast