Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Straight Talk phone upgrades (I need advice or info please!)

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Can you make or receive phone call and use your phone's data without WiFi enabled at the same time?

I know this screenshot is from one of my Samsung phones, but this was the menu option that my brother's phone had too:
    Name:  Screenshot_20190415-222102_Mobile networks.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  21.3 KB

Feedback Score
    Ok. Yes I can do that. And I found that screen on my phone. I am good to go then. Thank you so much.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    OK, good then. I was hoping it was not one of those SIM provisioning issues that has happened before too.

Feedback Score
    Hi Sherry,

I was going to buy one of the Samsung S7 phones but then when I got looking, it seems they've been out for awhile and so I decided to hold off for now on buying one since we have till next summer to get another one because I got to thinking that after a phone has been out for a long period of time, they usually stop supporting it and then too, like the one I have now which is an iPhone 5s - it will no longer update and hasn't for nearly a year now. It might not, I'm just not sure. I don't know if they keep putting new models out all the time like iPhone does or not. I'm not hard on my phones at all and when I buy a new phone, I'd like for it to be one that I wouldn't have to replace anytime soon due to it not being supported any longer. Maybe I'm just worrying too much or over-thinking things too (that could be possible. lol)

Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    If the phone has been activated with the last year or so, it should have VoLTE because most phones have got VoLTE since around that point. Before that it was very iffy on if a phone got VoLTE. If the phone has not been activated yet, you will not see VoLTE in the menus because it needs to be activated since the SIM has not been provisioned yet. I know some of the CDMA-less phones like the MyFlip does not have a VoLTE setting visible in the menus, but I know the Galaxy S7 is not this way.

My brother was trying get VoLTE on his S7 about two and half years ago. That was why he has to do a SIM swap.

All the Verizon based phones that I have seen on all the Tracfone sites in the last week or so has VoLTE as far as I know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
    I do not find anywhere on/in the phone where it would say VoLTE.
    Names vary depending on the phone. Common are VoLTE, or Advanced Calling, or Enhanced 4G LTE. If you have HD Voice, you also have VoLTE.
    If enabled, the LTE symbol in the Status Bar should stay on during a call. If calling another enabled phone that uses Verizon there will be an HD symbol on the call screen. If you can call and use data at the same time you have VoLTE.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2