Thread: Verizon Customer Service Still in USA?

Feedback Score

Verizon Customer Service Still in USA?

Or has Verizon outsourced to India?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I don't think it has been outsourced overseas. At least not postpaid customer service.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I know some of it at least is in south carolina; I was on the horn with them a week or 2 back, when that hurricane was predicted to run up the coast and they commented they were expecting hurricane conditions there within a day.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Squashing Conservatism Not Good
    Feedback Score
    When last dealt with them postpaid extensively in spring of this year, Verizon Wireless phone support in USA, and all reps spoke English fluently. Except for emergencies such as lost or stolen phones, its why 1800 phone support ends at 11pm at night. Verizon Wireless support at local stores is going to reflect local demographic makeup, so if you live in a very diverse area, you can have people working there who are originally from other countries.

Verizon FIOS/DSL support, though outside HoFo but OP just stated Verizon, which is 24 x 7 and if you call after hours such as late evening or night or sometimes on weekends, some of its 1800 support is outsourced overseas, one country I remember is the Philippines. Unlike Verizon Wireless, most of Verizon landline customer support operations is unionized, so they in the USA handle calls during peak hours. Though Verizon has India back office operations, virtually none of it is direct customer facing.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, iPad
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon has had a large call center in Chandler, Arizona for at least ten years now.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon Wireless does outsource some customer service to the Philippines.

I spoke with someone the other day after a 10 minute hold time who stated they were based out of the Philippines. Still had to be transferred to tier 2 tech, but they were still more competent than AT&T.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Anyplace but India, it's nothing against them, they are great people, and are just working to support themselves and their families, but the language and cultural barrier is often so bad that talking to them is an exercise in utter frustration, and can turn even a Mother Theresa into a Archie Bunker. I bet they would be just as frustrated if they had to deal with reps in the US or the UK when trying to get help there, some things just don't translate well.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max / Apple iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / AT&T MX / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I don't think so during the weekdays
    In the times I have spoken to reps during weekdays, they appear to be based out of the USA because of their names and accents.
    Though on weekends/holidays depending on the time called it appears to be outsourced since the accents don't indicate that they are from the USA and it seems to me they aren't much help.

If Verizon outsources their support to Mexico (i.e Tijuana and CDMX), it will be harder to know the difference between somebody from the USA and Mexico since the cell centers will (or probably prefer) people who had actual life experience in the USA in some point of their lives.

Carrier(s)
    Verizonwireless
    Feedback Score
    I always ask where the person I'm speaking to is based I have never had anyone from Verizon give me a location outside the US They are mostly based in the centers mentioned in previous posts

Device(s)
    iPhone X (Verizon), Pixel 2 (T-Mobile)
    Carrier(s)
    Houston Cellular/Cingular/At&t - (2000-2018) T-Mobile (2018-present, VZW (2011-present)
    Feedback Score
    I have never had any CS agents from Verizon be based from outside of the US when I have called. T-Mobile is usually also US based during the day, and goes to the Philippines overnight and when busy. When I had At&t it was a mixed bag of where they might be, including India I believe.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Thread question asked and answered. Thread closed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using HoFo mobile app