Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33

Thread: BYOP Triple Minutes

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,704
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If that's true, that's not good. I still have a dozen kits from the Family Dollar deal.
    I didn't get any of the FD kits, but I did buy 8 TracFone Bring Your Own SIM Activation Kits on eBay for $1 each in 2017 "just in case". I've only opened 1 kit and used only 1 SIM so far...

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    656
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I just tried to activate some of my triple minute sims. None worked. I tried T-Mo, Verizon and AT&T. I guess they purged them from the system.
    When I activated my unlocked Stylo 4, I used the TMFL SIM from the FD steal. Person told me they wouldn't work with my phone.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,055
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I didn't get any of the FD kits, but I did buy 8 TracFone Bring Your Own SIM Activation Kits on eBay for $1 each in 2017 "just in case". I've only opened 1 kit and used only 1 SIM so far...
    Same here. Can I purge those now? Bought a bunch when there was a shortage of SIMs (further exacerbating the shortage, I'm sure :-P ).

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,507
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    I activated an Att triple last month without any problems.
    Was that with a 3 carrier kit? The earlier 2 carrier kits may not work anymore.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,356
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I just tried to activate some of my triple minute sims. None worked. I tried T-Mo, Verizon and AT&T. I guess they purged them from the system.
    I just tried activating one of my AT&T SIMs from the Family Dollar deal. These are 2 carrier triple-unit kits (AT&T & Verizon). TF online accepted the SIM number and continued up to to point of adding service. I did not want to pay to test further and stopped there so I don't know if it would reject the old SIM before fully activating.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    656
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    When I activated my unlocked Stylo 4, I used the TMFL SIM from the FD steal. Person told me they wouldn't work with my phone.
    Need to clarify. The person told me that TMFL would not work with the phone. The SIM itself did work.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,945
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    Need to clarify. The person told me that TMFL would not work with the phone. The SIM itself did work.
    Thanks for clarifying that. At least my stash of Family Dollar SIMs are still usable and not worthless.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,269
    Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I just tried activating one of my AT&T SIMs from the Family Dollar deal. These are 2 carrier triple-unit kits (AT&T & Verizon). TF online accepted the SIM number and continued up to to point of adding service. I did not want to pay to test further and stopped there so I don't know if it would reject the old SIM before fully activating.
    None of mine would work that I tried. I tried 3 sims from each carrier before I stopped trying.
    Need a Tello referral? Get $10 when you sign up. https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3RNHB4D

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Republic of Texas
    Posts
    1,269
    Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that. At least my stash of Family Dollar SIMs are still usable and not worthless.
    Maybe the website was fubar when I tried mine. Anyways I have a lot of these and haven't tossed them just yet. When I have time I'll see about trying them again.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,140
    Feedback Score
    0
    Tracfone would not want to make SIMs invalid. They might have no choice if T-Mobile wants expiration dates or VoLTE needs something extra on there. It would be bad customer service if people went to activate a spare SIM and it didn't work. TMFL is a separate matter handled at the office. SIMs are probably too expensive for TF to just throw away for no reason. They should work for basic functions, then fix it later. At least for the time being.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,356
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    None of mine would work that I tried. I tried 3 sims from each carrier before I stopped trying.
    Your three-carrier kits are a generation newer than my two-carrier ones. Who knows what they changed.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,356
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Tracfone would not want to make SIMs invalid. They might have no choice if T-Mobile wants expiration dates or VoLTE needs something extra on there....
    Gettting VoLTE on Verizon hasn't been a function of the age of the SIM so far. I activated an old Family Dollar deal Verizon SIM a year ago and got VoLTE and triple units on the phone.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    46
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    When I activated my unlocked Stylo 4, I used the TMFL SIM from the FD steal. Person told me they wouldn't work with my phone.
    Said GSM & CDMA, standard, micro & Nano on package.

    90 day, 3X talk, txt, data.on package

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    656
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    Said GSM & CDMA, standard, micro & Nano on package.

    90 day, 3X talk, txt, data.on package
    I made a clarification. It was triple minutes that wouldn't work. SIM was ok.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    308
    Device(s)
    Huawei P30 lite, Nokia 3310
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Truphone, Three, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I just tried to activate some of my triple minute sims. None worked. I tried T-Mo, Verizon and AT&T...
    I was also able to activate a triple minute Family Dollar Vz sim last month.

    Trac T-Mobile sims have an "activate by" date on them but I didn't think they were offered with triple minutes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-01-2019, 03:22 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-12-2018, 10:03 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-2018, 06:08 PM
  4. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-24-2011, 07:17 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 11:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks