Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BYOP Triple Minutes

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If that's true, that's not good. I still have a dozen kits from the Family Dollar deal.
    I didn't get any of the FD kits, but I did buy 8 TracFone Bring Your Own SIM Activation Kits on eBay for $1 each in 2017 "just in case". I've only opened 1 kit and used only 1 SIM so far...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I just tried to activate some of my triple minute sims. None worked. I tried T-Mo, Verizon and AT&T. I guess they purged them from the system.
    When I activated my unlocked Stylo 4, I used the TMFL SIM from the FD steal. Person told me they wouldn't work with my phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I didn't get any of the FD kits, but I did buy 8 TracFone Bring Your Own SIM Activation Kits on eBay for $1 each in 2017 "just in case". I've only opened 1 kit and used only 1 SIM so far...
    Same here. Can I purge those now? Bought a bunch when there was a shortage of SIMs (further exacerbating the shortage, I'm sure :-P ).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    I activated an Att triple last month without any problems.
    Was that with a 3 carrier kit? The earlier 2 carrier kits may not work anymore.

Feedback Score
    I just tried to activate some of my triple minute sims. None worked. I tried T-Mo, Verizon and AT&T. I guess they purged them from the system.
    I just tried activating one of my AT&T SIMs from the Family Dollar deal. These are 2 carrier triple-unit kits (AT&T & Verizon). TF online accepted the SIM number and continued up to to point of adding service. I did not want to pay to test further and stopped there so I don't know if it would reject the old SIM before fully activating.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    When I activated my unlocked Stylo 4, I used the TMFL SIM from the FD steal. Person told me they wouldn't work with my phone.
    Need to clarify. The person told me that TMFL would not work with the phone. The SIM itself did work.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Need to clarify. The person told me that TMFL would not work with the phone. The SIM itself did work.
    Thanks for clarifying that. At least my stash of Family Dollar SIMs are still usable and not worthless.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I just tried activating one of my AT&T SIMs from the Family Dollar deal. These are 2 carrier triple-unit kits (AT&T & Verizon). TF online accepted the SIM number and continued up to to point of adding service. I did not want to pay to test further and stopped there so I don't know if it would reject the old SIM before fully activating.
    None of mine would work that I tried. I tried 3 sims from each carrier before I stopped trying.
    Need a Tello referral? Get $10 when you sign up. https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3RNHB4D

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that. At least my stash of Family Dollar SIMs are still usable and not worthless.
    Maybe the website was fubar when I tried mine. Anyways I have a lot of these and haven't tossed them just yet. When I have time I'll see about trying them again.

Feedback Score
    Tracfone would not want to make SIMs invalid. They might have no choice if T-Mobile wants expiration dates or VoLTE needs something extra on there. It would be bad customer service if people went to activate a spare SIM and it didn't work. TMFL is a separate matter handled at the office. SIMs are probably too expensive for TF to just throw away for no reason. They should work for basic functions, then fix it later. At least for the time being.

Feedback Score
    None of mine would work that I tried. I tried 3 sims from each carrier before I stopped trying.
    Your three-carrier kits are a generation newer than my two-carrier ones. Who knows what they changed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Tracfone would not want to make SIMs invalid. They might have no choice if T-Mobile wants expiration dates or VoLTE needs something extra on there....
    Gettting VoLTE on Verizon hasn't been a function of the age of the SIM so far. I activated an old Family Dollar deal Verizon SIM a year ago and got VoLTE and triple units on the phone.

Feedback Score
    Said GSM & CDMA, standard, micro & Nano on package.

90 day, 3X talk, txt, data.on package

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    Said GSM & CDMA, standard, micro & Nano on package.

90 day, 3X talk, txt, data.on package
    I made a clarification. It was triple minutes that wouldn't work. SIM was ok.

Device(s)
    Huawei P30 lite, Nokia 3310
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Truphone, Three, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    I just tried to activate some of my triple minute sims. None worked. I tried T-Mo, Verizon and AT&T...
    I was also able to activate a triple minute Family Dollar Vz sim last month.

Trac T-Mobile sims have an "activate by" date on them but I didn't think they were offered with triple minutes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast