Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BYOP Triple Minutes

Feedback Score

BYOP Triple Minutes

Can someone tell me the difference on the packages on the old triple minute BYOP and the newer packages?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Senkoboy View Post
    Can someone tell me the difference on the packages on the old triple minute BYOP and the newer packages?
    Old TMFL packages say "90 day no-contract plans as low as $19.99". New packages say "No-contract plans starting at $15".

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Here's a picture.

Name:  Tracfone-SIM-Kits-side-by-side.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  85.4 KB

Feedback Score
    Thanks, I had two different packages in the closet, one Green and one White, both say 90 day.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, I had two different packages in the closet, one Green and one White, both say 90 day.
    I'm not sure what you wanted to tell us with the "90 day" info. Our point is that the $19.99 Plan refers to a "traditional" card which is for phones/SIMs with TMFL, and the $15 Plan refers to the "Smartphone" card which doesn't get tripled.

You can also look at the back of the packaging. The kit with TMFL will show examples of cards that will get tripled. The kit without TMFL will not show examples of tripling.

Feedback Score
    Traditional cards are 90 days, smartphone cards are 60 days.
    Both of my packages show examples of 3X.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    There are a number of variations with the TMFL kits. Early ones are 2 carrier, then 3 carrier. Came in blister pack also, which might have had different colors.

Feedback Score
    Got one of the $19.99 triple minutes sim kit on Ebay. I would like to put the sim (Verizon) in my wife's BYOP, which she is currently using on TracFone, (Verizon) with a sim that does not triple. Can this be done without losing the current service end date, minutes, data, and text? Her BYOP is an I phone 7, if that matters.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Landngroove View Post
    Got one of the $19.99 triple minutes sim kit on Ebay. I would like to put the sim (Verizon) in my wife's BYOP, which she is currently using on TracFone, (Verizon) with a sim that does not triple. Can this be done without losing the current service end date, minutes, data, and text? Her BYOP is an I phone 7, if that matters.
    Just activate the BYOP TF/Verizon SIM from the TMFL Kit. When it asks if you want to "keep your phone number", reply Yes and give it your wife's current phone number. Everything (phone number, bucket balances, days) should transfer over. Use Chat if you want some assurance that the rep will fix the problem if something goes wrong.

Feedback Score
    Tried today to activate the $19.99 TMFL sim today. (Green kit in picture) Tried 2 times. Both times was told the sim was not compatible with the phone. I was asked if it was an older sim. When this phone (it is a BYOP) was first activated it went through with no problem with the $15.00 blue BYOP kit. I used the Verizon sim ($19.99 kit) as it has been running on TF/VZ.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Tried today to activate the $19.99 TMFL sim today. (Green kit in picture) Tried 2 times. Both times was told the sim was not compatible with the phone.
    Are you trying to activate a new BYOP TF/VZ SIM using the same IMEI of your wife's phone that is currently active with another BYOP TF/VZ SIM? If so, that won't work, because one IMEI can be used with only one SIM at a time.

If you have another IMEI that will pass the whitelist check, use it to activate the new SIM. If you don't have another IMEI available, you'll need to explain to a TF rep that you want to replace the non-TMFL SIM with a TMFL SIM. The rep will have to "uncouple" the old SIM from that IMEI, couple the new SIM to it, and transfer service to the new SIM. Do it through Chat, with a balance check by the rep, so you'll have a record if something goes wrong.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Tried today to activate the $19.99 TMFL sim today. (Green kit in picture) Tried 2 times. Both times was told the sim was not compatible with the phone. I was asked if it was an older sim. When this phone (it is a BYOP) was first activated it went through with no problem with the $15.00 blue BYOP kit. I used the Verizon sim ($19.99 kit) as it has been running on TF/VZ.
    I just tried to activate some of my triple minute sims. None worked. I tried T-Mo, Verizon and AT&T. I guess they purged them from the system.
    Need a Tello referral? Get $10 when you sign up. https://tello.com/account/register?_referral=P3RNHB4D

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    I just tried to activate some of my triple minute sims. None worked. I tried T-Mo, Verizon and AT&T. I guess they purged them from the system.
    If that's true, that's not good. I still have a dozen kits from the Family Dollar deal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular-dude View Post
    That's what I was thinking too. They might want to finally get rid of TMFL and/or insure VoLTE capability. Think my old 2 carrier SIM kits are dated 2015. I did not use a SIM from these kits in an activation last year for this reason. Did not care about TMFL, but got it anyway.

Feedback Score
    I activated an Att triple last month without any problems.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast