Thread: Added a new line to existing account to take advantage of free phone offer, activate?

Feedback Score

Added a new line to existing account to take advantage of free phone offer, activate?

I have a single line Cricket account with an unlimited plan. I added a new line and ported a Tmobile number I purchased on ebay and purchased a $55 unlimited plan along with Moto G7 Supra. The phone is free with a new line port in. My question is, do I need to ACTIVATE this phone and take the $55 hit for the cost of unlimited plan or can I just wait 30 days without activating the phone and Cricket will credit the $55 to my existing account or will they end up charging the full price of G7 Supra since phone was never activated?

Device(s)
    Asus Zenfone 2
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Don't activate it, the port will fall off after 30 days or you can or you can use Facebook or cricket chat to cancel the port. But make sure you receive the phone first.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Ok, but will they credit my account the $55 and that's all? They won't charge me full price of phone event though promo says "with activation"?

Feedback Score
    I've never heard of them going back and charging full price for unactivated promo phones. Lots of people have successfully let the unactivated phones sit on their account and had the first months service credit back to their accounts without any other charges.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tunabreath View Post
    Ok, but will they credit my account the $55 and that's all? They won't charge me full price of phone event though promo says "with activation"?
    Once you pay for the phone with service, they will credit $55 (or whatever you pay for a second line since you would now have a group plan) to your account. They will not charge you account for service on the second line until you activate the line. So if you don't activate the line as suggested, then you get to keep the credit that already posted when you check out.

Feedback Score
    A question. What if I created a new account of 4 phones and never activated the 4 phones? In the end of the month, will the money go back to the credit card or will that money be lost forever? TIA.

Feedback Score
    As far as I know, a new account left unactivated will not receive a refund.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pug_ster View Post
    A question. What if I created a new account of 4 phones and never activated the 4 phones? In the end of the month, will the money go back to the credit card or will that money be lost forever? TIA.
    That money will be gone.