Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Italy Travel

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    With T-Mobile esim you scan a QR code to load the network preferences. It's probably the same procedure.
    We purchased the phone from T-MOBILE and they are locked by default. Will it still work?
    Tricon23

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Possibly. You may want to call TMobile. They can unlock your phone as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by tricon23 View Post
    We purchased the phone from T-MOBILE and they are locked by default. Will it still work?
    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    After some research here it is from TMO; Looks like I am out of luck unless I paid the one week old phone in full. I will live with the 128K speeds and forgo the E-SIM.

Unlock requirements

Device Requirements
    Must be a T-Mobile device. T-Mobile cannot unlock a non-T-Mobile device.
    The device must not be reported as lost, stolen, or blocked.
    The account associated currently using the device must be in good standing.
    You have requested no more than two mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
    T-Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.

Account Requirements

Postpaid accounts

The device must have been active on the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
    The device must be paid in full.
    For canceled accounts, the account balance must be zero.

Feedback Score
    You can still get the $5 500Mb daily, $35 5Gb, or $50 15Gb plans if the speed is unbearable can't you?. Probably not what you'd like or had in mind, but hopefully not a wallet buster for a vacation. It's still cheaper than many of the rival US carriers, and not horrible compared to price and hunt for prepaid service.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can still get the $5 500Mb daily, $35 5Gb, or $50 15Gb plans if the speed is unbearable can't you?. Probably not what you'd like or had in mind, but hopefully not a wallet buster for a vacation. It's still cheaper than many of the rival US carriers, and not horrible compared to price and hunt for prepaid service.
    Plus, if you mostly stick together, one of you can buy the high speed data pass, and the other one(s) can tether to the pass holder when needing to use faster data.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    I wasn't sure that was allowed. Good to hear it is permitted. It makes sense I guess, since it means your data will be used faster in all probablility.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Plus, if you mostly stick together, one of you can buy the high speed data pass, and the other one(s) can tether to the pass holder when needing to use faster data.

Just to confirm - that worked for us last month in Norway, Denmark, Sweden. Tethered two other phone lines and a tablet.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So far so good here. T-Mobile phones connected to TIM and Verizon phones in the group I-Wind. As long as the screen says LTE after carrier (most of time) the data is useable. Once connected to hotel WI-FI it goes to T-MOBILE WI-FI.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear you got it running to your satisfaction with decent speeds.

For future reference, I'm researching a newer (To Me At Least) data roaming service called: Airalo. Pretty good rates, such as 1Gb in Italy for $2, good for 7 days. The reviews seem to be pretty good also, so I'll probably be giving it a try in the near future. It's esim and data only, so it means I'll lose my primary number temporarily, but I can call forward it to my secondary or my wife's line I suppose.

Anyhoo, here's a link to check it out:

https://www.airalo.com/

Feedback Score
    Rather than keep editing my post, here's some more info for the Airalo service.

I bought a 7 day, 1Gb, $3 plan for the USA to test the process and performance. The purchase is very simple and straightforward. It registered within a minute and was fully functional. A QR code appears on your desktop screen and then you use the "Add Cellular Plan" feature to scan that. Speeds seem consistent with the AT&T service they provide in the US, I was getting 8-22Mbps down, and 3 bars as I recall. I could switch back and forth between my TM and new esim by merely turning the chosen one to ON. Less than 10 seconds later, the alternate carrier was working at full function. This is really looking like a great roaming data service for those with esim devices. I'll post more info as I discover details for those who might be interested.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Rather than keep editing my post, here's some more info for the Airalo service.

I bought a 7 day, 1Gb, $3 plan for the USA to test the process and performance. The purchase is very simple and straightforward. It registered within a minute and was fully functional. A QR code appears on your desktop screen and then you use the "Add Cellular Plan" feature to scan that. Speeds seem consistent with the AT&T service they provide in the US, I was getting 8-22Mbps down, and 3 bars as I recall. I could switch back and forth between my TM and new esim by merely turning the chosen one to ON. Less than 10 seconds later, the alternate carrier was working at full function. This is really looking like a great roaming data service for those with esim devices. I'll post more info as I discover details for those who might be interested.
    ESIM looks like the future with no fussing with SD cards.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to see the next iteration of phones equipped with 2 or more esims. It would make it easier to switch either line on the fly, and if they kept a sim slot, then you could still fall back for carriers who haven't changed over to esim.

I currently have T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T available on my phone with any 2 running at the same time.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'd like to see the next iteration of phones equipped with 2 or more esims. It would make it easier to switch either line on the fly, and if they kept a sim slot, then you could still fall back for carriers who haven't changed over to esim.

I currently have T-Mobile, Verizon, and AT&T available on my phone with any 2 running at the same time.
    I'd like to see that too, but just as dual-SIM never became popular in the US, I doubt dual-eSIM will either.

The only reason you have a "dual" eSIM/physical SIM phone now is that we're in the transition period from physical to e, and the physical SIM is just for "backwards compatibility".

Feedback Score
    It seems that once we get to the point that the sim slot is eliminated, dual esim could be the new minimum standard. I think that as the general public becomes aware of dual sim capability, they'll begin to adopt it. I imagine it's cheaper to build a second esim chip into a phone than the sim carrier and associated hardware, not to mention the space savings.

I vaguely remember a saying from back in the 80's relating to computers. Something about anything that can be done with hardware will end up being done with software.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I have to agree with you daleraver. Eliminating a component that occasionally gets lost or damaged will prevent unneeded trips to the local store or ordering physical SIM cards to be mailed is a positive thing.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast