Thread: Customer service sucks

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score

Customer service sucks

Just bought the Verizon Palm phone and I've never had such crappy customer service... I've been trying to set up this device for 5 days straight now and not one single person knows how to set this phone up.. i do not have service on this device yet and been trying to get it setup... They sent a replacement device because they bricked my first one by resetting it to factory and not being able to be setup as new device do to no signal and new replacement still has the same problem... Even blamed my service location isn't good enough for this device when I have 2 other devices that work perfectly here... When i get signal on my palm i get 3 bars and nothing works but sometimes signal just completely goes away... It's annoying and just want the device to work... Any suggestions? I'm thinking it has to do with the device isn't tied to my account so it can't service

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    see here for instructions on how to set the palm phone up - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...e-base-221023/

Feedback Score

Let us know.

After you get your Palm setup, please let us know how it is doing. I am going to guess that smaller devices have smaller antennas.
    Last edited by StarBlueText.; 09-21-2019 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Took out a word.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    see here for instructions on how to set the palm phone up - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...e-base-221023/
    I only can get to number 2 on the setup instructions on the old palm phone because after i hit go it just gets stuck on initialising and trying to look for signal to continue but can't because it's bricked

Carrier(s)
    Squashing Conservatism Not Good
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Just bought the Verizon Palm phone and I've never had such crappy customer service... I've been trying to set up this device for 5 days straight now and not one single person knows how to set this phone up.. i do not have service on this device yet and been trying to get it setup... They sent a replacement device because they bricked my first one by resetting it to factory and not being able to be setup as new device do to no signal and new replacement still has the same problem... Even blamed my service location isn't good enough for this device when I have 2 other devices that work perfectly here... When i get signal on my palm i get 3 bars and nothing works but sometimes signal just completely goes away... It's annoying and just want the device to work... Any suggestions? I'm thinking it has to do with the device isn't tied to my account so it can't service

This may explain the customer service issues
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanbap...urcer-infosys/
    Per article, experienced personnel were let go, and company holds a huge debt load.

After a few customer service fiascos totaling many hours and days from last fall to this spring both with Verizon Wireless and FIOS related to sales, technical support, and a change of service (none related to billing), two ending up being escalated to their executives because encountered too many inexperienced reps not knowing what they are doing, enough was enough even as a 20+ year direct customer. Though still on the Verizon network, I have been for a few months with a Verizon MVNO with way better customer service and paying less. Not all MVNOs are created equal and there are trade offs depending on your needs, so need to do your homework (more discussion elsewhere in Hofo).

Feedback Score
    Poor customer service is the way of the cell phone carrier. They only compete to see who can be worse while lying the biggest about who has the best service.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    One of the biggest problems from a CS support point of view is the lack of a physical device to troubleshoot with when somebody calls in. 99.9 % of the reps have not physically seen the device and must rely on online guides for troubleshooting.

The OP should either go to a retail location that sells the device or call to request to speak with advanced technical support if the first line CS rep cannot resolve the question/problem.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....