Thread: GV app will not allow me to hang up if I open a different app

Feedback Score

GV app will not allow me to hang up if I open a different app

GV app will not allow me to hang up if I open a different app.

If I open a different app when I am talking with GV I cannot return to the call screen.

Has anyone experienced this?

How can I fix it so that I could open a different app when I placing a call on GV and then come back to the call screen to be able to hang up?

So far I need to go and turn on Airplane mode to ensure that I actually did hang up.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I do NOT experience that. I just placed a test call with the GV app and opened Gas Buddy. Then I went to the notification shade and tapped on the GV app ongoing call notification, the GV app came back maximized on my screen, and I was able to hang up the call. I'm using GV app version 2019.24.251438023.

For completeness, although you may already know this, I use all my GV #s over data only, so there's no carrier phone # involved in my testing, and while I have a separate GV # to use for testing the GV app, I use the Hangouts app with my primary GV #s full time.

Does the problem you describe happen no matter what app you open while on a GV app call, or is it happening with only 1 specific app?

Feedback Score
    It USED to happen with whatever I did, open ANY other app, go to homescreen, etc.

Then I looked at my notifications and somehow for some reason, I had my voice app blocked.

I unblocked it, placed a call, saw the notification icon on top of my screen, then went to my home screen, still saw the voice icon, swiped down, saw the row for voice, tapped it, the call screen opened and I was then able to hang up.

But Boz1, thanks.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    How about using the "Recent Apps" button (or whatever it's called) at the bottom right of the screen to see and select the current phone call (whether it's through the GV app or the forwarded-by-GV call to your native Phone app)? Wondering if that would work. I realize you've already straightened it out.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    How about using the "Recent Apps" button (or whatever it's called) at the bottom right of the screen to see and select the current phone call (whether it's through the GV app or the forwarded-by-GV call to your native Phone app)? Wondering if that would work. I realize you've already straightened it out.
    This does also work. It produces the same result of the GV app coming back maximized on my screen, and I'm able to hang up the call.