Thread: Poor service straight talk

Hybrid View

Feedback Score

Poor service straight talk

Hey have issue with poor service straight talk have only one bar at home. Was told when bought phone at Walmart it would be an att phone it’s not it uses Verizon towers. I know this as first phone was with Verizon had no service and wanted to make sure the new phone was with an att network. Anyway bedn talking with straight talk to get better service as phone has 1 bar all the time even outside. Constantly getting called failed. And getting no help going through all the customer support question. One rep said “I have service but not good service”. I talked via chat and was told I wil he sent to the higher ups and would be called back in 24 hours no call I even got a problem ticket # 1207221890
    Also I been on the unlimited data plan and only use less than 2 gb all the time. I switch to the smaller plan 3 go plan and within 2 weeks max out the 2 go with no difference in phone use??? Switch back to the unlimited plan and in a full month use less than 2 go ???

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    The phones are clearly labelled so you know what carrier each one is. When I last bought a straight talk phone the color of the network on the box showed the carrier. Blue was ATT, red for Verizon, purplish for tmobile, yellow for sprint. Who buys something without being sure it's what you wanted. I would return it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    How do you even know if ATT will give you any better then Verizon ? Did you have a phone before on either network that worked better then now? Was the Verizon signal better before but more recently changed ? What phone are you using ?
    If you've never had a good signal, you may just live in an area with poor Vzw or ATT. Don't rely on their coverage maps.
    If you had a good signal before on Vzw and not now, and if a 2G/3G phone, Vzw is starting to phase out cdma already in some areas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekster View Post
    Hey have issue with poor service straight talk have only one bar at home. Was told when bought phone at Walmart it would be an att phone it’s not it uses Verizon towers.
    Agree that AT&T service may be no better, unless you had good signal on it before. ST customer service can't do anything for you.
    You only have 15 days to return to Walmart.

Feedback Score
    Obviously the guy wanted At&T from his post.
    At our house Verizon doesn’t work worth a crap And AT&T works great because we in between two At&T towers
    Better go back and see if you can return the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo583 View Post
    Obviously the guy wanted At&T from his post.
    At our house Verizon doesn’t work worth a crap And AT&T works great because we in between two At&T towers
    Better go back and see if you can return the phone.

Yes, that's understood. The question is, how does he know ATT would be any better then Verizon. OP, have you had confirmed ATT service in your area before? (Confirmed by use, not a coverage map)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekster View Post
    Hey have issue with poor service straight talk have only one bar at home. Was told when bought phone at Walmart it would be an att phone it’s not it uses Verizon towers. I know this as first phone was with Verizon had no service and wanted to make sure the new phone was with an att network. Anyway bedn talking with straight talk to get better service as phone has 1 bar all the time even outside. Constantly getting called failed. And getting no help going through all the customer support question. One rep said “I have service but not good service”. I talked via chat and was told I wil he sent to the higher ups and would be called back in 24 hours no call I even got a problem ticket # 1207221890
    Also I been on the unlimited data plan and only use less than 2 gb all the time. I switch to the smaller plan 3 go plan and within 2 weeks max out the 2 go with no difference in phone use??? Switch back to the unlimited plan and in a full month use less than 2 go ???
    Sounds like whoever helped you at Walmart sold you a Verizon phone.