Thread: Help me set up Iphone on Page plus using a Total Wireless phone

Feedback Score

Help me set up Iphone on Page plus using a Total Wireless phone

I need help, it may be simple to most, but I suffered a brain injury due to horseback accident. I currently have an iPhone 5s on with Page plus and have been with them at least 4-5 years. My phone is starting to go wonky and die at 50% battery or even when a text comes in.

Someone told me I can buy an iphone from Total Wireless and immediately begin using on Page plus. How do I do that?

Say I buy new IPhone 6s from Total, do I need to buy a new SIM card or can I move the old one from my 5s and put into the new 6s?

Can someone walk me thru it please. I need it dummed down. Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Sorry can't help.
    Just wanted to welcome you to Howard Forums.
    God bless you.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulyblest1 View Post
    I need help, it may be simple to most, but I suffered a brain injury due to horseback accident. I currently have an iPhone 5s on with Page plus and have been with them at least 4-5 years. My phone is starting to go wonky and die at 50% battery or even when a text comes in.

Someone told me I can buy an iphone from Total Wireless and immediately begin using on Page plus. How do I do that?

Say I buy new IPhone 6s from Total, do I need to buy a new SIM card or can I move the old one from my 5s and put into the new 6s?

Can someone walk me thru it please. I need it dummed down. Thanks in advance!
    You "should" be able to activate the 6s with the SIM that comes in it. Assuming it's a Tracfone SIM which is also what Page Plus comes with. Just don't mention Total Wireless to PPC when you do it. They'll try to sell you a PP SIM. Since the 5s is not a VoLTE capable or provisioned phone SIM doubt you could move that SIM. Also since it's being activated on PP the unlocking period may not register. Not sure about that.

Wait till you get other replies here before pulling the trigger. Things may have changed or someone's done it.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I suggest doing this through online chat.

Type out the new phone's IMEI and ICCID #s before you start so you don't feel rushed while on the chat, which could lead to mistakes.

The CSR may also ask the IMEI of the old phone, and/or your phone #, so also type those out ahead of time.

When you contact chat, simply say you'd like to change the phone on your current PPC account. They will ask you for what they need, which will hopefully be what you've already typed out ahead of time.

Good luck!

Feedback Score
    When I went from a 5s to a TW SE on PP, I just moved the already-working SIM to the new phone. Did the same thing again with a 6 and a 6s. Only requirement is that the SIM you're using in your current phone on PP indeed be a Tracfone SIM and not an earlier PP SIM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    When I went from a 5s to a TW SE on PP, I just moved the already-working SIM to the new phone. Did the same thing again with a 6 and a 6s. Only requirement is that the SIM you're using in your current phone on PP indeed be a Tracfone SIM and not an earlier PP SIM.
    But Trulyblest1 should NOT do that if they want any chance of having the iPhone unlocked after a year of use.

Feedback Score
    Yes, just use the SIM that comes with the TW iPhone 6s. Do not use the SIM from the 5s, which will not give Advanced Calling features.
    ICCID number is the SIM ID number which will start with 891480 for Verizon. Should be found near the IMEI number. Not sure on an iPhone.
    I put the phone information in a text file, which can be pasted into the Chat window as needed during the session. Less chance of typing errors.

Not sure how the unlocking status on the 6s will be with this. Hopefully they might re-brand it from Total Wireless to Page Plus.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Yes, typing the numbers out ahead of time to avoid errors while on the chat was what I suggested above.

Also, if it's anything like the TW 5s that I put on PPC for my dad, like I already said above, if you use the SIM that comes in the TW 6s, it will be unlocked after 12 months of use on PPC, barring any changes to what PPC did back then vs now.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the warm welcome!

Feedback Score
    I think it sounds do-able. I don’t understand SIM cards, etc but I think using all your good advice, I can do it. Good to know about having the numbers ready ahead of time and the fact that a 5s sim may not play well with a newer 6s.

You have a great resource here and I really appreciate the input.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    But Trulyblest1 should NOT do that if they want any chance of having the iPhone unlocked after a year of use.
    That's a good call, Boz! I'm never concerned about it, so it never crosses my mind.

Feedback Score
    So everyone that also replied: Sounds like all that I mentioned above is accurate about using any Tracfone company brand on any of the Tracfone company carriers, with the SIM that comes in the phone will work ? (assuming same network). Just the unlock scenario may not kick in ?

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    So everyone that also replied: Sounds like all that I mentioned above is accurate about using any Tracfone company brand on any of the Tracfone company carriers, with the SIM that comes in the phone will work ? (assuming same network). Just the unlock scenario may not kick in ?
    Sorry, I may not be following your comment here, but I think what they are saying is that if you DON'T USE the new SIM, the 12-month clock for the unlock may not be triggered and the advanced calling features (like VoLTE) may not work.

On the other hand, if you do use the new SIM, we EXPECT the unlock clock to start ticking, and the advanced calling features (like VoLTE) should certainly work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by high technology View Post
    Sorry, I may not be following your comment here,
    Was just clarifying that based on the comments that the new SIM can be the one that comes in any new Tracfone sub-company phone (ST, TW, Net10, etc.), and can be activated on any other sub-company. I now see what was being said about the unlock. I thought maybe the sub-company it's activated on might impact that, but I guess not