Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Verizon or Cricket?

Feedback Score
    So Boom ATT is the same as direct ATT postpaid ? But Boom doesn't allow using your phone as a HotSpot like ATT prepaid and post paid both do.

And the OP as mentioned is in a rural area. It's either Verizon or ATT. Neither has a good signal. There is no mystery partner.

OP, have you considered buying a signal booster ? A good one with an external antenna.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    So Boom ATT is the same as direct ATT postpaid ? But Boom doesn't allow using your phone as a HotSpot like ATT prepaid and post paid both do.

And the OP as mentioned is in a rural area. It's either Verizon or ATT. Neither has a good signal. There is no mystery partner.

OP, have you considered buying a signal booster ? A good one with an external antenna.
    Maybe a phone with wifi calling would help too, most mvno's have that from what I can tell.

Feedback Score
    >Considering I stated boom has better coverage, network reliability AND speed here is a link reviewing major carriers including cricket.

Maybe you should read the article. There's nothing in it that mentions coverage. In fact, there's not even the word "coverage" anywhere in the piece.

>...AKA roaming.

At last the truth outs. You're talking about roaming coverage, which is not "larger AT&T coverage"--because roaming service is not AT&T service. You lose all AT&T features, and there's no guarantee that you even get a connection, let alone decent speed or voice.

Pitching roaming coverage as suitable for those who lack AT&T coverage is selling snake oil, because you have no idea what service the person will get, if he even gets any service.

>struggling with coverage in the prepaid world that’s very common. I suggested our product because it’s on the postpaid network.

Since this is the PREPAID forum, are you then giving yourself the license to threadcrap every thread here with more adverts of your "superior" postpaid wares? If so, I look forward to having more of these heartwarming chats.

I've looked at your AT&T plans and understand your predicament. Your price points are all uncompetitive. Your unlimited plan at $65 is higher than even AT&T's unlimited at $50. I empathize that you need an angle to sell your overpriced wares, and "larger AT&T coverage" is apparently the pitch. I don't envy your task, but embellishing and bamboozling folks won't get you far.

On-topic:

>Verizon prepaid is what I am on now and it gets around 110 - 124dbm and last time I checked in April cricket had gotten 117 - 130dbm.

Your Cricket signal is worse than your VZW signal. Switching won't help. If all you want is better call quality, then use the wifi-calling feature, assuming you have wired Internet. You'll need a VZW-branded phone if yours isn't one.

If you want faster cell data, then it gets more involved. My general suggestion is to ask your neighbors about what they use, and how they fare. You'll need to put in some effort if you want improvement. Simply switching providers isn't enough.

>OP, have you considered buying a signal booster ? A good one with an external antenna.

Wifi-calling is a simpler and much cheaper solution than a cell booster--again, assuming the person has wired Internet with low latency.

>Maybe a phone with wifi calling would help too

Yep, unless OP's G6 Play is from VZW, he'll have to buy a VZW-branded phone (or iPhone) to get wifi calling.

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    We will create a post in our sponsor thread to continue this discussion.

Sorry op!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome rate plans @ www.boom.us
    To request support please visit support.boom.us and open a ticket.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    If another carrier provided better coverage around OPs home area through roaming on AT&T obviously OP would be ON the other carrier not looking to roam on it.

I don't believe Howard Forums should allow advertisers to insert themselves into threads attempting to misguide users with misinformation.

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    If another carrier provided better coverage around OPs home area through roaming on AT&T obviously OP would be ON the other carrier not looking to roam on it.

I don't believe Howard Forums should allow advertisers to insert themselves into threads attempting to misguide users with misinformation.

I didn’t misguide anyone or post any misinformation.

Op stated he is on Verizon and had signal and at 1 time tested cricket and had a signal. When your on a network with partner agreements your device can switch from tower A: to Tower B:

Verizon prepaid is restricted to Verizon operated towers in MOST areas.

Cricket is is restricted to At&T operated towers in MOST areas.

At&T prepaid is restricted to At&T operated towers

At&T postpaid has partner agreements (roaming) so the coverage foot print is much wider.

Having a service that can most likely switch from tower A: to B: and vice versa gives the op the BEST possible coverage.

I’m sorry for the confusion. So as stated above we will post in our thread and you can certainly post your concerns there. I will no longer respond to this thread since I’m being accused of “Advertising”.

Ps>Op I sent a PM Looking to see if I can help you. If your open to it feel free to respond, otherwise no hard feeling and good luck!

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Maybe a phone with wifi calling would help too, most mvno's have that from what I can tell.
    Honestly, this seems to be the best suggestion in this whole thread. Since the OP's signal issues seem to be only at home this would be the easiest way to solve the problem. Find a Verizon MVNO that has Wifi calling.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Does Boom, or any carrier for that matter, have a money back guarantee?
    PureTalk (AT&T) does. https://www.puretalkusa.com/risk-free

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesB View Post
    I didn’t misguide anyone or post any misinformation.

Op stated he is on Verizon and had signal and at 1 time tested cricket and had a signal. When your on a network with partner agreements your device can switch from tower A: to Tower B:

Verizon prepaid is restricted to Verizon operated towers in MOST areas.

Cricket is is restricted to At&T operated towers in MOST areas.

At&T prepaid is restricted to At&T operated towers

At&T postpaid has partner agreements (roaming) so the coverage foot print is much wider.

Having a service that can most likely switch from tower A: to B: and vice versa gives the op the BEST possible coverage.

I’m sorry for the confusion. So as stated above we will post in our thread and you can certainly post your concerns there. I will no longer respond to this thread since I’m being accused of “Advertising”.

Ps>Op I sent a PM Looking to see if I can help you. If your open to it feel free to respond, otherwise no hard feeling and good luck!

I beg to disagree based on your posts but I won't belabor the point because its off the topic so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3