Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Verizon or Cricket?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furryfan93 View Post
    I live in rural south Carolina here and those maps aren't accurate either. I have a Moto g6 play as my phone though.
    The Moto G6 Play is not as good as some of the older Moto phones. I started using a Moto E4 Plus after my G6 Play became useless after just 13 months. Both cellular & Wi-Fi perform noticeably better on the E4 Plus.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Based on the OP's post his issue is signal strength. Does Boom have better signal strength from the same tower as AT&T's own MVNO Cricket?
    Yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome rate plans @ www.boom.us
    To request support please visit support.boom.us and open a ticket.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesB View Post
    Yep

And how exactly do they perform that miracle?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    And how exactly do they perform that miracle?

We have a great agreement with them. Very unique product. We are working on a marketing campaign to better explain things with all the marketing limitations we have itís been challenging.

Feedback Score
    >We have a great agreement with them. Very unique product.

Sounds like a lot of hot air. How does "great agreement" and "unique product" translate to a larger footprint for your coverage vs Cricket?

>We are working on a marketing campaign to better explain things with all the marketing limitations we have itís been challenging.

I don't think exaggerating about your coverage will help your "marketing" any. Moreover, I think your aggressively advertising your wares in a help thread is a disservice to your company brand. I will certainly steer clear of Boom going forward.

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >We have a great agreement with them. Very unique product.

Sounds like a lot of hot air. How does "great agreement" and "unique product" translate to a larger footprint for your coverage vs Cricket?

>We are working on a marketing campaign to better explain things with all the marketing limitations we have itís been challenging.

I don't think exaggerating about your coverage will help your "marketing" any. Moreover, I think your aggressively advertising your wares in a help thread is a disservice to your company brand. I will certainly steer clear of Boom going forward.
    We have the SAME coverage as At&T retail/biz, no hot air. At&T has better coverage that cricket. Itís that simple.

Feedback Score
    >At&T has better coverage that cricket. It’s that simple.

Please provide evidence. I'm always eager to learn from a sales rep. Here's your chance to make your pitch. Make it good.

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    >At&T has better coverage that cricket. Itís that simple.

Please provide evidence. I'm always eager to learn from a sales rep. Here's your chance to make your pitch. Make it good.
    Iím not a sales rep, Iím on the leadership team.

Are you asking for me to provide proof that At&t has better coverage/network reliability than cricket? There is plenty of evidence regarding that all over the internet.

Feedback Score
    >I’m not a sales rep, I’m on the leadership team.

Then you should know better than flogging your wares in a help thread, no? Or are we seeing the new Boom "marketing drive" in action?

>Are you asking for me to provide proof that At&t has better coverage/network reliability than cricket?

We're talking about your claim that Boom has better coverage than Cricket. I'm asking for some evidence.

>There is plenty of evidence regarding that all over the internet.

Then shouldn't be a problem for you to provide sources, preferably authoritative sources, and not just some random yahoo on the Internet. Please, do share.

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    >Iím not a sales rep, Iím on the leadership team.

Then you should know better than flogging your wares in a help thread, no? Or are we seeing the new Boom "marketing drive" in action?

>Are you asking for me to provide proof that At&t has better coverage/network reliability than cricket?

We're talking about your claim that Boom has better coverage than Cricket. I'm asking for some evidence.

>There is plenty of evidence regarding that all over the internet.

Then shouldn't be a problem for you to provide sources, preferably authoritative sources, and not just some random yahoo on the Internet. Please, do share.
    Not flogging anything, OP (SORRY THIS WAS HIJACKED) is struggling with coverage in the prepaid world thatís very common. I suggested our product because itís on the postpaid network.

No this is not part of our marketing message. We just released our att products recently. There is a press release, which Iím sure you can find it, even a random yahoo can. :-)

The only evidence I have regarding boom vs cricket is our confidential contract showing the carrier products we have access to and customers on the service. Our SIMs are also AT&T branded Sims NOT GoPhone SIMs. Itís a new product, so In time all of that will be clear by testimonies. Your welcome to try it out and post your findings.

Considering I stated boom has better coverage, network reliability AND speed here is a link reviewing major carriers including cricket.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-mo...view-2942.html

Feedback Score
    Does any of you know.. If i switch to try Cricket for a month or two will they lock my number in for like 3 months or is it all fair game with porting back if needed?

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not flogging anything, OP (SORRY THIS WAS HIJACKED) is struggling with coverage in the prepaid world thatís very common. I suggested our product because itís on the postpaid network.

No this is not part of our marketing message. We just released our att products recently. There is a press release, which Iím sure you can find it, even a random yahoo can. :-)

The only evidence I have regarding boom vs cricket is our confidential contract showing the carrier products we have access to and customers on the service. Our SIMs are also AT&T branded Sims NOT GoPhone SIMs. Itís a new product, so In time all of that will be clear by testimonies. Your welcome to try it out and post your findings.

Considering I stated boom has better coverage, network reliability AND speed here is a link reviewing major carriers including cricket.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-mo...view-2942.html

The OP gave specific data, telling us what signal level he was getting from the nearest "Cricket" (AT&T) tower. You're claiming that a native postpaid AT&T based service like Boom will magically give a stronger signal than a prepaid based one like Cricket from the same signal from the same tower. That's ludicrous!

I'll accept that AT&T postpaid can offer a faster and more reliable service than prepaid overall because of prioritization, the addition of roaming coverage, etc. But the radio waves themselves bouncing between phones and towers don't know whether you have prepaid or postpaid service, so an AT&T, Boom!, GoPhone, Cricket, FreedomPop, etc. SIM will all give the OP the exact same signal level in the same location he described above.

And no amount of the marketing fluff speak you've dropped in this thread will change that!

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    The OP gave specific data, telling us what signal level he was getting from the nearest "Cricket" (AT&T) tower. You're claiming that a native postpaid AT&T based service like Boom will magically give a stronger signal than a prepaid based one like Cricket from the same signal from the same tower. That's ludicrous!

I'll accept that AT&T postpaid can offer a faster and more reliable service than prepaid overall because of prioritization, the addition of roaming coverage, etc. But the radio waves themselves bouncing between phones and towers don't know whether you have prepaid or postpaid service, so an AT&T, Boom!, GoPhone, Cricket, FreedomPop, etc. SIM will all give the OP the exact same signal level in the same location he described above.

And no amount of the marketing fluff speak you've dropped in this thread will change that!

Yes the att tower, but with roaming IF a Partner tower is closer then he will have access.

Feedback Score
    Yes the att tower, but with roaming IF a Partner tower is closer then he will have access.

what even is a 'partner' tower? My ISP i know is a at&t reseller and the antennasearch website says the towers are owned by my ISP.. is that a partner or since they are a reseller they are at&t

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Furryfan93 View Post
    what even is a 'partner' tower? My ISP i know is a at&t reseller and the antennasearch website says the towers are owned by my ISP.. is that a partner or since they are a reseller they are at&t
    Partner tower is an agreement between the host carrier ie.. att and partner....Sprint, Verizon, Tmo, etc.. AKA roaming.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast