Thread: AppleCare Services with JUMP on Demand? (JOD)

Feedback Score

AppleCare Services with JUMP on Demand? (JOD)

Hi everyone,

Up until today, I had an iPhone XS on EIP with JUMP with AppleCare Services.

I just pre-ordered the iPhone 11 Pro with Jump on Demand instead of an EIP.

The customer service rep said that Jump on Demand does NOT have AppleCare services and that I can't have AppleCare Services through T-Mobile with jump on demand. Is this correct, even if I keep the JUMP with AppleCare services on my account?

If this is correct, and I cannot have AppleCare services through T-Mobile anymore, can I add AppleCare by buying it and adding it to the phone directly from Apple? (And, if so, let's say one day I need to use it and Apple sends me a replacement phone, would this cause a problem with T-Mobile?)

I greatly appreciate any help/info!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Just ask them to add "Protection 360 with Apple Care," to your line.

I use JOD and I've had it on my main line for a long time w/o issue.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Just ask them to add "Protection 360 with Apple Care," to your line.

I use JOD and I've had it on my main line for a long time w/o issue.
    The rep told me that even with that you don't actually get "Apple Care" unless it is an EIP plan. He said I would have to go through their contracted insurance company Asurion or whatever and that I could not go through Apple with Apple Care on a jump on demand phone. Would I actually be able to get it repaired at Apple with Apple Care?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek234 View Post
    can I add AppleCare by buying it and adding it to the phone directly from Apple?
    Yes, you would do option 2:

1. Purchase either AppleCare+ product with your new iPhone.

2. Or buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase:

On your device (go to Settings > General > About and choose AppleCare+ Coverage Available)

Online (requires you to verify your serial number and run a remote diagnostic)

At an Apple Store (inspection of iPhone and proof of purchase are required)

By calling 800-275-2273 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

https://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone/

(And, if so, let's say one day I need to use it and Apple sends me a replacement phone, would this cause a problem with T-Mobile?)
    I think that would be more of a question if you tried to turn in the replacement phone at the end of JOD. I'm not sure if T-Mobile tracks it that specifically that they wouldn't accept your trade-in. But if you showed them that it was the same device model and you had a legitimate Apple Care replacement, it wouldn't make sense for them to reject your trade.