Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tello - Credit Expiration

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Couldn't you just put the $5 plan on for a few weeks once a quarter, then take switch it to Paygo for the rest of the quarter.
    I might try this. Just hope they allow a change back to PayGo. I don't see any way to do it online, so it probably requires a CSR intervention.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    I might try this. Just hope they allow a change back to PayGo. I don't see any way to do it online, so it probably requires a CSR intervention.
    I had changed from a "plan" to paygo either the end of last year or earlier in the year this year. I put a phone on Tello when they had a most excellent 2G/mo for 2 months free, and then funded a paygo account. I'd assume you could just "cancel your plan" near the end of a plan time duration, and if you have money in your account you'd revert to paygo...

Feedback Score
    Now that I have a good Freeup line going I'm gonna let my Tello line fade into darkness.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    I had changed from a "plan" to paygo either the end of last year or earlier in the year this year. I put a phone on Tello when they had a most excellent 2G/mo for 2 months free, and then funded a paygo account. I'd assume you could just "cancel your plan" near the end of a plan time duration, and if you have money in your account you'd revert to paygo...
    The following reply to my inquiry of Tello C.S. about the same, may clarify it for you and others in the same boat:
    If you sign-up for a monthly plan and then decide to cancel it and go back to "Pay As You Go", you will retain your existing balance of Pay As You Go Credit, because those are separate products and you only cancel the plan.
    Because it took me a few tries to receive an answer to what I was actually asking, rather than what the C.S.R. wanted to answer, I believe that it came from an experienced C.S.R.
    A genius is one who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it (author unknown).

--
    Liborio

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Tello, T-Mobile, TRU SIM, Black Wrls
    Feedback Score
    ...just noticed that the Auto top-up feature is gone from my dashboard.
    Auto Recharge is still present and active on my two PAYGO lines, however, nary a peep from Tello about the impending changes, only promotional email.
    Last edited by Rockchuck; 12-07-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Dec. 8 has come and gone and my phones still work and I still have my PayGo credit.

Sent from my moto x4 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I think there should be no problem because they are not mutually exclusive.
    It is normal to have both paygo and a plan going at the same time.
    For example, you can have a plan that is data only and use Paygo for minutes. This is a popular combination because it minimizes tax.
    If the plan runs out or is cancelled all charges would be to paygo.
    If you start a plan, your paygo balance does not change. You can set your account to use your paygo balance for plan data overages, or not, as you wish.

Feedback Score
    It's Dec 10 and my accounts look the same... or will doomsday happen Dec 11?

Feedback Score
    I have one number that I do not want to lose so I ported it away yesterday. Tello declined my request for a refund.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    It's Dec 10 and my accounts look the same... or will doomsday happen Dec 11?
    December 11 and my paygo balance is still there that was originally purchased in 2017.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    December 11 and my paygo balance is still there that was originally purchased in 2017.
    Same here.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I saw the same "Your plan has been cancelled" message today on the Tello line I set up for my daughter.

Since she only uses that phone/line when she visits from Canada, and only a few people have that phone #, I decided to do a chat to get a refund of the remaining $8.86 credit balance, and ask for the phone to be released so I can activate it with a new # on the Red Pocket $30/360 days 200/1000/200 plan that I got for $25.85 (with a coupon) (+ tax) back in October.

I could have done the IMEI dance so RP could use the same phone to port in the phone #, but I decided it wasn't worth the trouble since her # is so lightly used.

Anyway, Tello Chat processed the refund, but claimed I have to call to get the phone released for use on another MVNO!

Porting from Ting to Tello paygo ended up being a huge mistake after Ting ended up with the # after FreedomPop sold Ting their Sprint customers!
    Well, I got my $8.86 refund.

Tello left $0.01 on the account balance.

So...I guess I WILL try the IMEI dance so RP can use the same phone to port in the existing phone #!

We'll see how the Tello phone change and port of the existing phone to RP goes!

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Tello, T-Mobile, TRU SIM, Black Wrls
    Feedback Score
    So...I guess I WILL try the IMEI dance so RP can use the same phone to port in the existing phone #!

We'll see how the Tello phone change and port of the existing phone to RP goes!
    I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but I wonder if you'll be able to perform an ESN/MEID/IMEI change on an inactivated line. (I realize that Tello classifies the change as a zero-dollar financial transaction, but I question the ability of the system to accept a new ESN/etc./etc. on a line lacking a working MDN.)

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockchuck View Post
    I'm hoping that I'm wrong, but I wonder if you'll be able to perform an ESN/MEID/IMEI change on an inactivated line. (I realize that Tello classifies the change as a zero-dollar financial transaction, but I question the ability of the system to accept a new ESN/etc./etc. on a line lacking a working MDN.)
    That part was successful, probably since Tello left $0.01 balance when they refunded me the remaining balance.

Now I'm just waiting for the Tello>>RP port to complete.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    That part was successful, probably since Tello left $0.01 balance when they refunded me the remaining balance.

Now I'm just waiting for the Tello>>RP port to complete.
    Well, I submitted the Tello>>RP port along with the eBay 200/1000/200, 360 day plan PIN on myeasyactivation.com yesterday afternoon.

I had heard nothing back by noon today, so I called RP. The RP CSR said there was no port request in the RP system. I was annoyed, but he said he could do the port over the phone.

So I gave the CSR the phone #, ICCID, and IMEI, along with the Tello account # and PIN.

It took just a few minutes for the port to go through. But the CSR never asked for my 200/1000/200 plan PIN.

Nevertheless, I added the phone # to my RP online account, and it shows that there is a $2.99, 200/500/200, 30 day plan active on the line, good through 1/12/20.

I have to guess that the CSR just added that $2.99/30 days plan for free.

So, I suppose I'll wait to apply the eBay 200/1000/200, 360 day plan PIN until 1/10/20, which is 90 days from 10/12/19 when I purchased it on eBay.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast