Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tello - Credit Expiration

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    I, too have a couple lines that will be riding it out as-is.
    Not me. It’s not a lot but every little bit helps. I shut down 4 and kept 2. (Friends and family lines, some ports, some cancels)

They are really nice about it, a pleasant surprise after the Lycamobile exodus last quarter.
    ——
    If you join Tello, feel free to use referral P3J3P699 to get $10 off when you sign up for a new account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I did my monthly check yesterday and today (12/2 &12/3). Today there was a notice in the account web page (not the app) that "Your plan has been cancelled". That was not there yesterday.

I never had a "plan" for my two phones, only paygo deposit. The account web page and app still show the paygo balance and I was able to make a phone call. I have not received email from Tello about anything.

So paygo deposits older than 90 days are still working as of today, but they may be getting ready to end that as they announced in the 9/1/19 TOS change.

. . .
    Interesting, there is no such cancellation message on my account's web portal.

Last week, I inquired of Tello C.S. about my PayGo credit expiration and receive the following reply:

Pay As You Go credit is available for a period of 3 months since your last order was placed. If no order was placed in a period of 3 months, the credit will expire and the Tello service will be disconnected.

This policy is effective since September 10, 2019. If you purchased the credit before that date, in order to keep the balance you will have to place a new order before December 10th, 2019.
    In the next couple of days, I'm either going to add the $5.00 100 Minutes/Free Text plan or port the number out to GV. However, if the tax and nuisance fees are over $0.75, Tello no more.
    Last edited by Liborio; 12-04-2019 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Spelling.
    A genius is one who shoots at something no one else can see, and hits it (author unknown).

--
    Liborio

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Liborio View Post
    . . .

In the next couple of days, I'm either going to add the $5.00 100 Minutes/Free Text plan or port the number out to GV. However, if the tax and nuisance fees are over $0.75, Tello no more.
    Forget about it!

This is my quote for the above plan:
    Custom Plan $5
    Taxes and Surcharges $2.21
    Coupon
    Total due today $7.21
    However, the 500MB data only for $5.00 plan has not taxes or nuisance fees added:
    Custom Plan $5
    Coupon
    Total due today $5
    Guess which plan I'm going with?

As they say, look before you leap.
    Last edited by Liborio; 12-04-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Grammar.

Feedback Score
    @Liborio, thanks for the tip about the $5 data-only option.

I have never received any kind of push notification about the 9/10 Credit Expiration Policy change from Tello to any email for the 3 Tello lines that I "handle" for me and relatives/friends. Right now there is no notification of any kind regarding cancellation on the web portal of any of those lines. Based on what has been posted in this thread, cancellation should not take place until 12/10 so I dunno what's going on with those of you who have gotten the notice...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by comintel View Post
    Couldn't you just put the $5 plan on for a few weeks once a quarter, then take switch it to Paygo for the rest of the quarter.
    I could game the system that way, but it is not worth it to me. Others may want to.

Feedback Score

Tello - Credit Expiration

Forget about it!

This is my quote for the above plan:

However, the 500MB data only for $5.00 plan has not taxes or nuisance fees added:

Guess which plan I'm going with?

As they say, look before you leap.

Interesting...

When it's 0 data + 100 min call + free text.
    Quote is $5 + 1.32 taxes/surcharges = $6.32

When it's 500 mb data + 100 min call + free text.
    Quote is $6 + 0.21 taxes/surcharges = $6.21

Edited: Changed $5 to $6 (in $6.21 line)
    Last edited by Maru; 12-04-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Interesting...

When it's 0 data + 100 min call + free text.
    Quote is $5 + 1.32 taxes/surcharges = $6.32

When it's 500 mb data + 100 min call + free text.
    Quote is $5 + 0.21 taxes/surcharges = $6.21
    Hi, Maru.

My reckoning of $5 + 0.21 taxes/surcharges yields $5.21, rather than $6.21.

Are you missing a buck somewhere?

Feedback Score
    Hi, Maru.

My reckoning of $5 + 0.21 taxes/surcharges yields $5.21, rather than $6.21.

Are you missing a buck somewhere?
    Ah, sorry. That was supposed to be $6 + 0.21.
    I’ll edit it.

Feedback Score
    500MB (which includes unlimited texts) is $5 flat, no tax.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Tello, T-Mobile, TRU SIM, Black Wrls
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    500MB (which includes unlimited texts) is $5 flat, no tax.
    So...thinking out loud...

1. Select 500MB data-only plan at $5.00, no tax.
    2. Use the remaining PAYGO balance for talk & text @ 1˘.
    3. Turn on Auto Recharge at the $10 level for subsequent talk & text (provided that the $10 minimum isn't jumped to $20).

I'd do this only because one line has a CDMA phone that can't be manually programmed, thus, can't be moved to a competitive MVNO.

Feedback Score
    So: Has anyone ever received any kind of pushed email from Tello disclosing the changes to the Ts and Cs, or pending expiration/cancellation? On 9/25, HoFo member @Tello Mobile stated:

"When you send out an email to warn of expiration how long after that email will we have until the Paygo credit is lost? There is no need to worry about this. When a number is due to expire, we’ll send out a bunch of notifications, smoke signals and what not to assure you have been informed and have plenty of time to do something about it."

Note that the bolded language appears to be a question posed by some un-named party, and that Tello's response makes no specific promise of an email. Nevertheless, "sending-out notifications" strikes me as a promise to do more than just post a message to a user's webpage dashboard that "Your plan has been cancelled" that must be stumbled-upon by the user less than a week before D-Day and that is in any event unclear if the user has no "plan." Shades of FreedomPop and RingPlus...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    So: Has anyone ever received any kind of pushed email from Tello disclosing the changes to the Ts and Cs, or pending expiration/cancellation? On 9/25, HoFo member @Tello Mobile stated:

"When you send out an email to warn of expiration how long after that email will we have until the Paygo credit is lost? There is no need to worry about this. When a number is due to expire, we’ll send out a bunch of notifications, smoke signals and what not to assure you have been informed and have plenty of time to do something about it."

Note that the bolded language appears to be a question posed by some un-named party, and that Tello's response makes no specific promise of an email. Nevertheless, "sending-out notifications" strikes me as a promise to do more than just post a message to a user's webpage dashboard that "Your plan has been cancelled" that must be stumbled-upon by the user less than a week before D-Day and that is in any event unclear if the user has no "plan." Shades of FreedomPop and RingPlus...
    I have received nothing from Tello about my paygo balance expiring with the expected end in six days. I do receive promotional emails from them so they have a working email contact.

The "Plan cancelled" message on my account web page is gone. It was only there for one day. I did not have a plan anyway, just paygo balance.

I moved two phones to Tello when RingPlus folded so I know the "shades" of RingPlus. Tello is nowhere near the level of RingPlus disorganization and questionable practices. Tello has been solid for me with no drama for two years. I never expected that my $5 paygo deposit would really last forever. I think two years has been a pretty good run for that.

I do feel bad for anyone who dropped a $10 or $20 paygo deposit only to find out that it would expire in 90 days with the change in TOS. Up the topic, it has been reported that they will give refunds. I'm not bothering for my remaining $3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    I have received nothing from Tello about my paygo balance expiring with the expected end in six days. I do receive promotional emails from them so they have a working email contact.

The "Plan cancelled" message on my account web page is gone. It was only there for one day. I did not have a plan anyway, just paygo balance.

I moved two phones to Tello when RingPlus folded so I know the "shades" of RingPlus. Tello is nowhere near the level of RingPlus disorganization and questionable practices. Tello has been solid for me with no drama for two years. I never expected that my $5 paygo deposit would really last forever. I think two years has been a pretty good run for that.

I do feel bad for anyone who dropped a $10 or $20 paygo deposit only to find out that it would expire in 90 days with the change in TOS. Up the topic, it has been reported that they will give refunds. I'm not bothering for my remaining $3.
    All fair observations. Yes, better than RingPlus and no drama (other than this cluster F of poor communications) in the perhaps 18 months I've been with Tello. (Although I actually feel that I got my value out of RingPlus, too). Interesting that the "plan cancelled" message went away -- I never saw one myself. Also got my value from my initial buy-in, and changing terms aer part of the package when you are with a prepaid carrier.

Just waiting now to see what happens...

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    No message on my account either. If it was only there for one day, then I missed it. I'm surprised they haven't communicated by email.

Edit: just noticed that the Auto top-up feature is gone from my dashboard.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Xfinity Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Have 2 lines on Tello pay go and haven't gotten any notification or email either -- both are spare lines that I don't care about but want to keep the numbers for porting promos

Went ahead ordered Xfinity Mobile $12 plan with shared 1gb data -- going to move family member's line on there next month so it won't cost too much extra to keep these lines around (you can have up to 5 lines on there)

- XM is giving $50 prepaid card for BYOD w/ number port (keep service 90 days)
    - Top Cash Back is giving $75 cash back for XM service
    - Chase card has offer for $25 credit after two monthly XM payments

I'll get $100 prepaid card (2x $50) from XM and $25 credit from Chase -- hopefully get $150 cash back otherwise I should get at least $75 for starting new XM service (ordered each sim separately trying to get 2x $75)

Should be a nice money maker

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast