Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Tello - Credit Expiration

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YaWho View Post
    You do realize that I can create an order with an order number and invoice at any time simply by changing my ESN on your website for free right?
    Ha! You need to let us know if that works!

Feedback Score
    Filed complaint to FCC demanding refund. Link to FCC complaints: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/h..._form_id=39744

Feedback Score
    Another perspective:

I got Tello paygo service for my Sprint phones when Ringplus folded ~2 years ago. I never expected service for a five dollar deposit and a penny of use every 90 days to last forever. I don't feel they have any obligation to continue what from me is no income or profit. It is probably actually a loss for them if they have to pay a per line fee to Sprint for each number.

So thanks Tello for two years of service availability for $5. It was nice while it lasted. No hard feelings. Good luck to you. I won't be filing a FCC complaint. I don't even want the remainder of my $5 back.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    Another perspective:

I got Tello paygo service for my Sprint phones when Ringplus folded ~2 years ago. I never expected service for a five dollar deposit and a penny of use every 90 days to last forever. I don't feel they have any obligation to continue what from me is no income or profit. It is probably actually a loss for them if they have to pay a per line fee to Sprint for each number.

So thanks Tello for two years of service availability for $5. It was nice while it lasted. No hard feelings. Good luck to you. I won't be filing a FCC complaint. I don't even want the remainder of my $5 back.
    It's different for people that signed up just before 9/10/19 vs someone who got 2 years out of their initial paygo credit.

Feedback Score
    It's also different for someone who has over $75 tied up in deposits across 3 paygo lines.
    I help a family in that situation.

If Tello doesn't honor the recent promise of refunds, an FCC or BBB complaint might be the only recourse.
    I don't have an issue with Tello wanting to get out of the low-cost PayGo business. I have an issue with 'how'.

"How" seems to be geared towards the bulk (probably ?) of their PayGo accounts started years ago with small deposits, or the free $10 promo from the latter days of RingPlus. Unfortunately, that leaves some number of affected users treated the same way despite differing circumstances.

As Boz1 points out, I particularly do not like that as Tello increased PayGO buy-in amounts, dedicated Tello users continued to recommend Tello PayGo across the forums as a viable alternative for low-need, low-budget users, despite what appears as a company decision already in the planning to orphan those users.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post

As Boz1 points out, I particularly do not like that as Tello increased PayGO buy-in amounts, dedicated Tello users continued to recommend Tello PayGo across the forums as a viable alternative for low-need, low-budget users, despite what appears as a company decision already in the planning to orphan those users.
    Exactly. It is planned rip-off. Of course, I can live without my $10 balance: it is not my last 10 bucks. But I think these rip-off attempts shall not be ignored and I filed FCC complaint.

Feedback Score

Tello - Credit Expiration

Tello denied the first refund request I sent them on Sep 18.

When their Tello rep posted “answers” on Sep 25 (HoFo, Reddit, nthcircle), I resent my request citing:
    “Do I get a refund? Yes. Although every account is unique, anything that was paid for will be refunded, no questions asked.”

They replied on Sep 26 asking for my PayPal account. I received the refund on Sep 27 and they closed my account today, Sep 30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    It's different for people that signed up just before 9/10/19 vs someone who got 2 years out of their initial paygo credit.
    I can agree with that. It's good to see in post #112 that they are doing (some) refunds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    This reminded me of my Lyca account. I still have $4+ balance from a $10 top up done in Jan 2016. I didn’t bother going thru d FCC to get d bal back since I got 3+ yrs out of my last top up and many many free real (not VoIP) calls to toll free numbers.

I’m still mulling over getting a TruPhone SIM card to replace my Lyca. I like being able to see my SMS (fwdd by GV) without needing to access d GV app, especially during airport layovers where it would be overkill to get a local SIM card with data to use just for layovers).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    This reminded me of my Lyca account. I still have $4+ balance from a $10 top up done in Jan 2016. I didn’t bother going thru d FCC to get d bal back since I got 3+ yrs out of my last top up and many many free real (not VoIP) calls to toll free numbers.

I’m still mulling over getting a TruPhone SIM card to replace my Lyca. I like being able to see my SMS (fwdd by GV) without needing to access d GV app, especially during airport layovers where it would be overkill to get a local SIM card with data to use just for layovers).
    I have had Truphone even longer than Ringplus followed by Tello - 6 years. It was my first smartphone service. I will be using Truphone for my glovebox phone when my Tello service expires.

I like having a backup smartphone in the car with fully functional service, if service doesn't cost much. The phones I already have.

Note that Truphone does not do MMS. I don't know what it does if someone sends an MMS. I could check.

Otherwise, I have nothing bad to say about Truphone, other than to say that 9 cents a MB for data is prohibitive to use except for emergencies.

Feedback Score
    Note that Truphone does not do MMS. I don't know what it does if someone sends an MMS. I could check.
    When someone sends an MMS to your Truphone number, you simply do not receive it.

Feedback Score
    I have had Truphone even longer than Ringplus followed by Tello - 6 years. It was my first smartphone service. I will be using Truphone for my glovebox phone when my Tello service expires.

I like having a backup smartphone in the car with fully functional service, if service doesn't cost much. The phones I already have.

Otherwise, I have nothing bad to say about Truphone, other than to say that 9 cents a MB for data is prohibitive to use except for emergencies.
    Thanks for d feedback. I’m not planning to ever use Truphone for data. I just want d free incoming SMS anywhere in d world. Great bonus is free incoming calls in the USA.

On MMS - I have it and group messaging disabled for native apps in all my fones. I use GV so I receive MMS via d GV app.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I activated the h2o SIM I got from Target and setup auto pay which is $9 every 90 days after their 10% discount. Very easy. No call records or VoLTE but the price is right and auto pay makes it set it and forget it.

Glad to see they’re doing refunds now. I’ll probably do that and shut down my remaining accounts with them. It was good while it lasted!

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 11 eSIM
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 11 dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone XS [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: ZTE Z917 LTE hotspot (5GB for $10) + iPad Mini 4 w/ T-Mobile LTE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    Exactly. It is planned rip-off. Of course, I can live without my $10 balance: it is not my last 10 bucks. But I think these rip-off attempts shall not be ignored and I filed FCC complaint.
    Got refund today via PayPal.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    Are you folks saying that you can request a refund of your current balance, even if you have not reached your forced expiration date yet?

Also, did you port-out before or after the request was made, or do you have to let them close the account (and lose your number)?

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast