Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Tello - Credit Expiration

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    Are you folks saying that you can request a refund of your current balance, even if you have not reached your forced expiration date yet?

Also, did you port-out before or after the request was made, or do you have to let them close the account (and lose your number)?
    After I got refund, the account balance was/is $0.01 (I think Tello intentionally left 1 cent balance) and the acoount (with phone number) is still active. In this case you can transfer your number to other provider.

In my case I do not need the number, but I wanted to release my IMEI. I used ESN of non-existing old 2G Sprint phone (it was recycled few years ago) and replaced my current phone IMEI by this dummy ESN. Now my phone/IMEI released and can be used with any of SPrint MVNOs.

P.S. Before you recycling Sprint phone, write down IMEI/ESN and SIM card number (ICCID). You may need it as placeholder in cases like this.

Feedback Score

Tello - Credit Expiration

In my case, I had a balance of $11.24. Tello refunded $11.34 (that was the amount of my last $10 order with $1.34 tax).

After I saw my refund in my Paypal account on 9/27 (F), my Tello Bal stayed as $11.24 until Tello emailed me on 9/30 (M) that they did the PayPal refund. Tello also closed the account (i.e., I couldn’t log in anymore - no active number) on 9/30/19.

I didn’t ask/tell Tello beforehand that I wanted to port out. I told them I was ok with losing the number.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Since this is almost surely happening due to the pending merger, something like this does verify less competition in the prepaid market.

Feedback Score
    The letter I got from Tello via USPS (after Tello issued refund after my complaint to FCC):

To the attention of Mr XXXXXX YYYYYYYY

We sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered when trying to request a refund for the Pay As You
    Go credit purchased on Tello.com.

Based onjour internal investigation you contacted Tello Customer Support on September xx and requested
    to receive a full refund for the Pay As You Go credit purchased on Tello.com.
    Early this September, we decided to update our service agreement and our refund policy, hence the latest
    updates in our Terms and Conditions. Unfortunately, due to these latest updates, the first agents who
    attended you did not fully understand our new policy when it comes to refunding unused credit.

Our position is very clear now: you will be issued a refund for the credit purchased and he will receive the
    funds in maximum 3-4 business days.

Taking this situation into account, we've analyzed our processes and implemented some changes so that
    situations like this will be prevented. Plus, we've taken several measures on training our employees on how
    to proceed correctly in future similar situations. We apologize for the lapse in answers and we are very
    grateful for your feedback as it helps us improve our services.

Once again, we refunded the amount and we'd like to inform you that our company is more than willing to
    find a suitable solution for this isolated event.

Kind regards,
    Mihaela Georgescu
    Public Relations Manager
    Tello LLC
    4780 Ashford Dunwoody Rd
    Suite A 236
    Atlanta GA 30338

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thriftybill View Post
    Saw this in the tello help pages:
    Does my Pay As You Go credit expire?
    If no order was placed in a period of 3 months, Pay As You Go credit will expire and the Tello service will be disconnected. This policy is in effect since September 1st, 2017.

Seems for many ppl this is not enforced. But will they enforce soon?

This combined with the min $20 top up makes it $6.66 per month.

'If no order was placed in a period of 3 months, Pay As You Go credit will expire and the Tello service will be disconnected. This policy is in effect since September 10, 2019.'

90 days from 9-10 (Dec 9th) will likely be the first casualties of this new policy. I was just about to top-off my paygo balance and luckily decided to look through the faq beforehand, realizing for low usage, paygo is no longer A viable option. The above search brought me here to see i wasn't the only one to check the faq in last month. Too bad, this was A great option for A backup phone. Still using freedomflop yearly plan on my daily driver.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    My PayGo auto top-up is still set to $10, so I'll see if I can coast along at $10 every 90 days (approx).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    My PayGo auto top-up is still set to $10, so I'll see if I can coast along at $10 every 90 days (approx).
    At what balance is the auto top up triggered?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    At what balance is the auto top up triggered?
    $2........

Feedback Score
    OK FOLKS, Two senior citizens here with 2 phones on Tello very seldom used about $10 & $20 balances. Will they refund upon request?

I'll need to port and can use any service with the iPhone SEs (unlocked). Suggestions?

Does Truphone allow BYOD, porting?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Tello refunded me and two family members.

Truphone supports BYOD with no problems. You just put the SIM in whatever compatible device you want

They do porting but it's not automatic - you have to call them.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Essential, Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket & Sprint (free 1yr)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stlink View Post
    OK FOLKS, Two senior citizens here with 2 phones on Tello very seldom used about $10 & $20 balances. Will they refund upon request?

I'll need to port and can use any service with the iPhone SEs (unlocked). Suggestions?

Does Truphone allow BYOD, porting?

Thanks
    Tracfone annual plan currently $40 on sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240

H2O pay as you go (runs on ATT) -- $10 refill is good for 90 days

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    Tello refunded me and two family members.

Truphone supports BYOD with no problems. You just put the SIM in whatever compatible device you want

They do porting but it's not automatic - you have to call them.
    Thanks for that info.

I just ordered 1 sim from Truphone and may order a 2nd one. Also looking at PPlus which had years ago, can't tell if they rollover on prepay plans. FreeUp free plan looks great but it can't last foever!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JaTaN View Post
    Tracfone $40 annual plan currently on sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240

Thanks for the link. $40 Tracfone plan 1200 min and 1200 texts and 3 GB on Verizon w/rollover looking good!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JaTaN View Post
    Tracfone annual plan currently $40 on sale: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240

Hmmm...it says "Purchases are limited to 1 per buyer" when I enter a quantity of 2.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S8, Essential, Moto G4
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket & Sprint (free 1yr)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Hmmm...it says "Purchases are limited to 1 per buyer" when I enter a quantity of 2.
    Create another eBay account or if someone in your household has one

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast