Thread: Where is the calling number of a voicemail displayed?

Feedback Score

Where is the calling number of a voicemail displayed?

Moto G6 unlocked, Android 8, Airvoice Wireless - an AT&T MVNO. New to smart phones.

I don't see any way to view, or call, the phone number of the person who left a voicemail. If my phone was ON when the VM was left, I can get the information from the Missed Calls list, but if my phone was OFF, there's no Missed Call entry, and I don't see any way to find the calling number. The only number associated with the voicemail is the local AT&T voicemail retrieval number, which is the same for every voicemail. What am I missing here?

Ok, I told you I was new to smart phones.

Is there an app specifically for voicemail that would show me the calling number, or is this just an AT&T feature that I can't get around? Is there a Youtube video about this? I couldn't find one, but not sure what to search for.

Thanks for any help.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Voicemail system should have an option to tell you the number that left a voice mail when you call in to hear it. Some systems announce it automatically, in others you have to press a specific number to hear it (e.g. press 5 to hear message envelope).

There are apps for visual voicemail, but you have to check with your carrier if this feature is available.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition - Huawei P20 Pro