Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: T-Mobile Home Internet

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    112
    Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    0

    T-Mobile Home Internet

    I think I am excited. I just got an invite for T-Mobile Home Internet.

    https://www.t-mobile.com/ISP?cmpid=C...LOB3Z4DIP49511

    They are stating no data caps/ No hardware costs.
    True? They are also stating Rural which i am so. Catch? good for 30 days.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,045
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Yeah I'm on the waiting list. Not available in my neighborhood yet.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    255
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Yeah I'm on the waiting list. Not available in my neighborhood yet.
    I am in the same boat!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    112
    Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Yeah I'm on the waiting list. Not available in my neighborhood yet.
    Well we ordered. should be here next week. The Rep told us that they are attempting to target Rural areas. They also told us that there will be no data caps or throttling. We shall see for sure.
    Once i get it and am plugged in i will give a follow up. The funny thing i was just talking about this last night on call with a group about how we do not have any good internet where i am.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    112
    Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
    Well we ordered. should be here next week. The Rep told us that they are attempting to target Rural areas. They also told us that there will be no data caps or throttling. We shall see for sure.
    Once i get it and am plugged in i will give a follow up. The funny thing i was just talking about this last night on call with a group about how we do not have any good internet where i am.
    Also first month is free i already got my $50.00 credit.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,346
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Got my credit... Waiting for the gear to arrive.

    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,306
    Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
    I think I am excited. I just got an invite for T-Mobile Home Internet.

    https://www.t-mobile.com/ISP?cmpid=C...LOB3Z4DIP49511

    They are stating no data caps/ No hardware costs.
    True? They are also stating Rural which i am so. Catch? good for 30 days.

    Well I sure would be happy to get Wireless Internet and fire Comcast. Just this year I have had 5 major outrage of 8 hours plus up to 48 hours and one 6 hours outage two weeks ago. Also 40 homes still has temporary cable wire in the grass from June waiting for the lawnmower to take it out again. I have called Comcast twice to bury that cable but each time they knocked on my door to tell me they weren’t the right guys to bury that thick of cable. I live for the day I can fire Comcast.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,045
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Are they advertising speed tiers or expected speeds for this type of service?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,461
    Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Are they advertising speed tiers or expected speeds for this type of service?
    60Mbps is the advertised download speed. They aren't hard capping it though so people are getting faster speeds for now..

    You're behind a NAT so keep that in mind..

    Sent from my Sonim XP8 on Southern Linc using HoFo mobile app

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,045
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Thanks Circuit...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,346
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    You're behind a NAT so keep that in mind..

    Sent from my Sonim XP8 on Southern Linc using HoFo mobile app
    That sucks. I'm sure that I'll have a bunch of reasons to return/cancel it during my 1 month trial.
    Reasons that I can 'assume':
    1. NAT
    2. 8 hosts max ? Also add/remove ease of use.
    3. Firewall (DMZ / VPN / Tunnels / VLAN)
    4. Ethernet port (not likely)
    5. Speed reduction/cap (I will see what I can hit - and how much) - might download some ISO images
    6. Time of day usability - will I hit issues using Zoom (+10 on conf with HD cam and 4k sharing).
    7. WiFi speeds - does this have decent WiFi capabilities ?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    112
    Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    That sucks. I'm sure that I'll have a bunch of reasons to return/cancel it during my 1 month trial.
    Reasons that I can 'assume':
    1. NAT
    2. 8 hosts max ? Also add/remove ease of use.
    3. Firewall (DMZ / VPN / Tunnels / VLAN)
    4. Ethernet port (not likely)
    5. Speed reduction/cap (I will see what I can hit - and how much) - might download some ISO images
    6. Time of day usability - will I hit issues using Zoom (+10 on conf with HD cam and 4k sharing).
    7. WiFi speeds - does this have decent WiFi capabilities ?
    Ok so Our Account is Active, we are just waiting for the gear, but i have been using Tmobile for our home internet for about a year. We are in the woods. We get between 30 to 40 download 10 to 15 up and that is on a regular tmobile account sim in an att box. Trust we we hit it and hit it hard. Fire tv roku tubi youtube and all of the research i do. Zooms almost daily. Internet music. It has held up to the test. Now if i am getting this with a regular account i am excepting more with the regular home internet. You may consider attempting to bridge it through a router that is what i am planning on. We will see once i get my box on tuesday. I may also attempt to place in it my att box and see what happens. Now all i got to do is get a new tv since the old just went today.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,577
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    180
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    You're behind a NAT so keep that in mind..

    You do get native IPv6 though. Eg. if you need to have servers on your home network (Eg. SSH, VPN, etc), you can configure them to use IPv6 and then connect to them anywhere you have an IPv6 connection.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles/Canada
    Posts
    11,346
    Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    So far so good. Looks like a mostly full featured router/firewall. Even has 2 ethernet LAN side ports, and a covered (functional) phone and WAN port. Has DMZ settings. Current speeds are better than through my cell... Even though the browser app shows 1 bar.. I'm hitting 125Mbps. Im curious to see if I'll max at 150Mbps (site limited).

    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Virgin Virgin Mobile Home Internet -- reviews?
    By Ian Brantford in forum Bell/Virgin/Lucky/Solo
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-07-2017, 10:25 PM
  2. Possible to Use T-Mobile for home internet?
    By bxk12 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-01-2015, 11:55 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 08:23 AM
  4. T-Mobile as home internet?
    By Guest459 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 07:50 AM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks