Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: T-Mobile Home Internet

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by keeponkeepnon View Post
    No kidding ! It was Verizon on a T1114 that I was attempting to get the ipv6 incoming connections to work on!
    Well, as far as I know, the T1114 can be set to not block anything, the blocking in my testing was all being done by Verizon. The T1114 and the devices behind it would get public IPV6 addresses, but incoming connections to them were blocked network-side.

Now I'm using a bandluxe router on an At&t SIM attempting the ipv6 forwarding.

So basically I just need to find the public ipv6 address at&t is assigning the bandluxe then on another connection that supports and provides an ipv6 address I should theoretically be able to access the routers interface externally?
    The bandluxe is given a block of IPv6 addresses, so it has one for itself and each device behind the bandluxe will also get a public IPV6 address. The T1114 had an option to allow or block connecting to the router interface from the outside. If the bandluxe can be set to have it's router interface available externally, and AT&T doesn't block the incoming connection, absolutely you can connect to it that way.

I guess where my confusion came into play was all this talk about ipv4 to ipv6 converting etc etc but I guess the key is both internet connections have to support ipv6 and have an active address to talk to each other.

Am I correct in this?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    Yup! IPv6 busts right through (IPv4) NAT setups. But it also relies on AT&T not blocking incoming connections the way VZW does.

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Tremendous thank you !

Miss the T1114.
    My ultimate goal back in the day was to get a router working behind the T1114 and the router would be configured as PPTP to be set up as a dedicated VPN router with an assigned public ip 4 address via the VPN service. Never could get that damn set up to work either lol. It would get as far as hitting connect and would almost act like it was dialing up or establishing a PPOE session. Then it would very occasionally grab the public ip address and then immediately disconnect.

No one could ever figure that one out. That was all behind Verizon on LTE. Not necessary anymore but you strike me as someone who could have gotten that router set up working.

All I ever wanted to do was run a damn FTP server. Thanks for the help. That's interesting so every computer should technically have a public ipv6 address as well as the router? Cheers!

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Getting a public IP via a VPN sounds like it should have worked. Port forwarding with ssh works pretty well too.

I just wanted to be able to remote desktop into a mythtv DVR (or use the mythweb web interface on it) maybe 5 minutes a week to set recordings and such. But *shrug* no dice.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Background: My sister lives in a semi rural area of the Mojave Desert in SoCal and has been through Sprint, ATT and Verizon in a period of 2 years. She hated them all.

She recently switched to T-Mobile and so far she’s very happy. She gets great reception in her house (finally) but LTE speeds are sub 5 Mbps DL/UL

She just got an offer in the mail for T-Mobile Home Internet. I was just wondering what kind of speeds she could expect with this service if her iPhone X can barely crack the 4 Mbps mark?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    LG V40 ThinQ
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    One would think they are working on resolving that given their whole aim is to market high speed internet exclusively in areas where they can indeed provide ample bandwidth both over the air and in back haul.

I think its truly hard to say from pure speculation. Hopefully someone is aware of more specifics.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Background: My sister lives in a semi rural area of the Mojave Desert in SoCal and has been through Sprint, ATT and Verizon in a period of 2 years. She hated them all.

She recently switched to T-Mobile and so far she’s very happy. She gets great reception in her house (finally) but LTE speeds are sub 5 Mbps DL/UL

She just got an offer in the mail for T-Mobile Home Internet. I was just wondering what kind of speeds she could expect with this service if her iPhone X can barely crack the 4 Mbps mark?
    Maybe offered in error? (Higher speeds nearby but the house is a low spot.). Maybe the hotspot will have a larger antenna and pull in bands the iphone is out of range of there.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post

The interesting thing I've noticed in my years of crossing Mojave to Barstow and even over through Lucerne Valley to Big Bear... TMobile isn't 'bad' in the desert, or any worse than At&t . typically with good signal, TMobile has high speeds, as I suspect in many areas it isn't heavily used. It is spread thin in a few spots, but so is At&t.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    The interesting thing I've noticed in my years of crossing Mojave to Barstow and even over through Lucerne Valley to Big Bear... TMobile isn't 'bad' in the desert, or any worse than At&t . typically with good signal, TMobile has high speeds, as I suspect in many areas it isn't heavily used. It is spread thin in a few spots, but so is At&t.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    Agreed. I even had usable LTE service way out in the middle of nowhere on a road trip several months back:. https://www.google.com/search?client...MrHmDvD7BYZhM:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4