Thread: T-Mobile Home Internet

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Home Internet initial use review:
    The good:
    Speeds are as good, possibly better than my LG G7. I have hit 146Mbps at home, and +225Mbps at another site.
    Full router capability (kinda) - with full access to most functions
    Battery works fine - looks similar to the Arris model I have from Spectrum for their phone service.
    Have taken this on the road... and it works beyond my local cell site.
    Upload is better than my cable, and download is better than advertised... at least for me.

The not so good:
    Ethernet/Phone/WAN ports are software disabled
    10 devices (according to T-Force support)
    WiFi range is not that great (does have 2.4 / 5GHz)
    T-Mo support claims port setup (DMZ / PAT) isn't enabled by default. - I have yet to test.
    Hulu 'live' doesn't work on actual TV/Roku - T-Mobile has disabled this - according to Hulu. Hulu live on Mac - screen default struggles more than cable with 'highest quality'. Doesn't buffer, just drops down to a poorer quality by default.
    Traceroute won't work beyond the LAN.

T-Mobile support: This is 'early' adopter phase, they can enable physical ports on these devices (a must for me due to some hardware), and 'future' releases may have a GPS in it ( what ... no GPS!) to allow it to work with Hulu for live TV.

Early summary: Decent device - probably good for many homes with few devices/users, but a 'not quite there' status, as it is limited in use. Those with a handful of devices (i.e. IP cam, tablet, nest, IoT, streaming services, laptop/pcs ) might struggle with this. T-Mobile's ToC booklet also has the 50GB and speeds may slow claim... that's a deal breaker itself.
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Got my box today. There is no difference in speed between my sim in the att box and the tmobile home internet. I am running the tmobile box through a router. It appears to be working fine. Just the speed sucks. That is because i am rural as hell so until they really update the tower or change bands i stuck at 40mbs.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone have a mesh system that they use with TMO home internet?

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by racedog View Post
    Anyone have a mesh system that they use with TMO home internet?
    We are using a set of tp link routers bridged through out our house. Seems to be working.

Device(s)
    Samsung S10+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
    We are using a set of tp link routers bridged through out our house. Seems to be working.
    We have a Netgear Orbi system with a base unit and two satellites. I'm hoping to bridge the TMO unit to the Orbi base unit. Do you think that is possible?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by racedog View Post
    We have a Netgear Orbi system with a base unit and two satellites. I'm hoping to bridge the TMO unit to the Orbi base unit. Do you think that is possible?
    Might be similar to what I'm attempting: Netgear router + 2 Gbps ethernet over powerline adapters with WiFi

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Well if i could figure out how to get the phone port open it may not be a bad deal. Instead i got to keep my att box running for my home number. Has anyone heard anything as of yet?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorp View Post
    Well if i could figure out how to get the phone port open it may not be a bad deal. Instead i got to keep my att box running for my home number. Has anyone heard anything as of yet?
    A huge NOTE for T-Mobile... if they ever listen/read this:
    You could (read should) at least allow for phone port to be open, and possibly... IF you're wanting this as a true home solution - connect your 'digits' service to it and a physical phone line.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    A huge NOTE for T-Mobile... if they ever listen/read this:
    You could (read should) at least allow for phone port to be open, and possibly... IF you're wanting this as a true home solution - connect your 'digits' service to it and a physical phone line.
    yes that would be great idea i hope they listen.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Home Internet initial use review:

The not so good:
    Ethernet/Phone/WAN ports are software disabled
    T-Mobile support: This is 'early' adopter phase, they can enable physical ports on these devices (a must for me due to some hardware), and 'future' releases may have a GPS in it ( what ... no GPS!) to allow it to work with Hulu for live TV.

Early summary: Decent device - probably good for many homes with few devices/users, but a 'not quite there' status, as it is limited in use. Those with a handful of devices (i.e. IP cam, tablet, nest, IoT, streaming services, laptop/pcs ) might struggle with this. T-Mobile's ToC booklet also has the 50GB and speeds may slow claim... that's a deal breaker itself.
    -> me i am running from Ethernet connected to router by cat 5 cord from modem to router. Now the Phone port did nothing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Good to know. I only attempted to plug in directly to my Mac mini. It's possible that I have a bad cable. Haven't used ethernet for a while

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Touch Pro 2
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    So i took my box through some runs on fire stick and it is performing better than my other sim in my att box which had major buffering issues.

So it made me think, i wonder if i could change the APN on my att setup (with current regular cell sim)to the tmobile home ANP instead of the fast.tmobile.com APN, would i get the same results? Because if that is the case i could just keep my att box setup and have everything i need.
    Or if that did not work could i could place the home internet sim into my att box and get the same results? thoughts anyone?

Device(s)
    Samsung S10+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just received a call from TMO that I was approved for TMO Home Internet. I will get the box on Tuesday and will report back once I've had some time to work with the box and my router/mesh situation.

Feedback Score
    I hope they open it up more soon. Next month they will be turning on 600 MHz here

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Good QC on their logging app (sarcasm).
    [quote]
    Date2019-09-22
    Time12:37:21
    DescriptionEthrenet client(##:##:##:##:##:##) has disconnected

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast