Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: At&t Prepaid Refills (Expiration date)

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,684
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Are any of these cards good for $5/mth or more in savings with a prepaid plan like Walmart's that already has you down to $40 with autopay? Doesn't really seem worth the bother otherwise.
    I have the $40.00 25gb Wally plan and adding refill cards gets it down to $30.00. Of course ya gotta add tax and 911 fee to both those numbers. Comes out to about $33.00 per month for me using 25% off refill cards.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    733
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I have the $40.00 25gb Wally plan and adding refill cards gets it down to $30.00. Of course ya gotta add tax and 911 fee to both those numbers. Comes out to about $33.00 per month for me using 25% off refill cards.
    Not to say it's something to count on always, but Target.com doesn't seem to charge tax or E911, and can be done as an email-delivery, so it's not much of an inconvenience to add to the account balance that way. I've also gotten refills when Meijer does the buy-one-get-one-50%-off sales (in-store only, sales tax/E911 charged), but still have gotten a decent chunk off.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,462
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / S9+
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I have the $40.00 25gb Wally plan and adding refill cards gets it down to $30.00. Of course ya gotta add tax and 911 fee to both those numbers. Comes out to about $33.00 per month for me using 25% off refill cards.
    In the rare opportunity Meijer, which isn't national, does a BOGO 50% deal. Just to let people know this isn't an every day occurrence .. if available at all.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,684
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    In the rare opportunity Meijer, which isn't national, does a BOGO 50% deal. Just to let people know this isn't an every day occurrence .. if available at all.
    Hence why I started this thread. I ended up grabbing 10 $45.00 refill cards and I'm hoping they don't expire before I add them to my account. Meijer was also doing this with Cricket refills but I haven't seen it come back around in a while.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    733
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Hence why I started this thread. I ended up grabbing 10 $45.00 refill cards and I'm hoping they don't expire before I add them to my account. Meijer was also doing this with Cricket refills but I haven't seen it come back around in a while.
    Yeah, I might buy a $10 or $15 refill from somewhere and let it sit for the sake of science. I'm too chicken to let the $45 ones sit too long.

    On the other hand, if you load the 10 $45 ones, you could always top-up every so often to keep things "alive" or throw a Target-discounted $100 one on there to kick the expiration out to a year.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    120
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have held prepaid refill cards for as long as 8 months prior to activating them and experienced no problems.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,273
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by actinic View Post
    Are any of these cards good for $5/mth or more in savings with a prepaid plan like Walmart's that already has you down to $40 with autopay? Doesn't really seem worth the bother otherwise.
    It is up to the individual. How tight is your financials. How much does it bother you to pay $5 more than you need to? ($60/year). Hardly life altering.

    I've actually done stuff that in the long term cost me money. But I hate owing money. So I paid off a car loan of 1.5% interest early even though I could have continued to earn 2-3% in a mutual fund.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,462
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 6 / S9+
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM/Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    How much does it bother you to pay $5 more than you need to? ($60/year). Hardly life altering.
    Exactly my point. To me it doesn't matter, to others it's an endless search and limitless source of discussion.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,231
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Hence why I started this thread. I ended up grabbing 10 $45.00 refill cards and I'm hoping they don't expire before I add them to my account. Meijer was also doing this with Cricket refills but I haven't seen it come back around in a while.
    I wouldn't worry at all.

    So here's the summary of what I've seen / read:

    1. purchased PIN cards expire ~3 years after purchase, plenty of time to use them.
    2. Any amounts under $100 expire in 90 days after applying them to the ATT prepaid account, but the date of expiration keeps rolling forward 90 days with any new amounts added to the account, so don't apply any amounts less than 2-3 months of usage at a tie to ensure you won't lose it, or
    3. any amounts of $100 or more moves the expiration date to 1 year forward, so if you just want to apply $100 or more once, then your balance won't expire for at least 1 year.

    Not too hard to deal with, as long as you don't go crazy buying a ton of ATT prepaid cards. Verizon prepaid had the same expiration concept, but removed it a few months ago with the latest plan changes. It does seem kind of silly but just something to deal with for now.

    PS: 1 key thing to note - ensure the credit / debit card on file for auto-pay is always valid and correct, even if paying by ATT prepaid cards. ATT will do a pre-authorization check every month to ensure the card is valid, even if it doesn't pull from the card. If the card is expired / closed, then you lose the bonus data (& possibly rollover data) for the month. Read from another person who had this experience with the double bonus data.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    DC-MD-VA
    Posts
    716
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    I wouldn't worry at all.

    So here's the summary of what I've seen / read:

    1. purchased PIN cards expire ~3 years after purchase, plenty of time to use them.
    2. Any amounts under $100 expire in 90 days after applying them to the ATT prepaid account, but the date of expiration keeps rolling forward 90 days with any new amounts added to the account, so don't apply any amounts less than 2-3 months of usage at a tie to ensure you won't lose it, or
    3. any amounts of $100 or more moves the expiration date to 1 year forward, so if you just want to apply $100 or more once, then your balance won't expire for at least 1 year.

    Not too hard to deal with, as long as you don't go crazy buying a ton of ATT prepaid cards. Verizon prepaid had the same expiration concept, but removed it a few months ago with the latest plan changes. It does seem kind of silly but just something to deal with for now.

    PS: 1 key thing to note - ensure the credit / debit card on file for auto-pay is always valid and correct, even if paying by ATT prepaid cards. ATT will do a pre-authorization check every month to ensure the card is valid, even if it doesn't pull from the card. If the card is expired / closed, then you lose the bonus data (& possibly rollover data) for the month. Read from another person who had this experience with the double bonus data.
    (#2)
    $10/$24 - Refill expires in 30 days
    $25/$99 - Refill expires in 90 days
    $100 or more - Refill expires in 365 days

    Found this:

    Payment and Cancellation. You must make a payment to your account within 26 days of activation, or your account will be canceled. AT&T PREPAID cards and other account payments are nontransferable and nonrefundable. The *888* command for payment only works with PINS/Cards purchased from AT&T-owned retail stores and select authorized retail locations and may not work on all device types. Amounts deposited into your account expire in accordance with the stated payment denomination expiration period ($10-$24 payments expire in 30 days, $25 to $99 in 90 days, $100 or more in 365 days). Unused account balance forfeited upon expiration. If you are on a monthly plan, the applicable plan charge for each renewal period will automatically be deducted from your account balance at the end of the day (11:59pm Central Time) on your plan's payment due date.

    https://www.att.com/legal/terms.prepaidPlanTerms.html
    Your, you're, yore; there, their, they're; to, too, two; by, buy; add, ad; for, four, fore.
    a) better to light a candle, or b) curse the darkness?

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    0
    AnciusD, you said this:

    (#2)
    $10/$24 - Refill expires in 30 days
    $25/$99 - Refill expires in 90 days
    $100 or more - Refill expires in 365 days
    The representatives at the AT&T stores will not admit to that. Website shows it not anywhere either. They all only emphasise monthly plans, cheapest being $35 per month. Why are people hiding what they really allow, if thos 90 day and 365 day prices are real? How can we get at them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Is there an ETF for AT&T Prepaid?
    By vanko987 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-17-2018, 07:16 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2018, 08:07 AM
  3. FS: $10 AT&T Free2Go Prepaid refill cards
    By free2go in forum Other Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 09:18 AM
  4. Tmo2GO Prepaid card expiration date question.
    By boulos in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 09:40 PM
  5. EXACTLY when do AT&T prepaid funds expire?
    By smalltalker in forum AT&T
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2002, 01:35 PM

Bookmarks