Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: New iPhones Support CBRS

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    A quick Google search yields nothing for FWI in the 900 MHz band.
    Look up 900mhz Motorola Canopy. They've been selling a line of 900mhz gear for like 10 or 15 years, I don't know if they're still in common use but they were 2 or 3 years ago.

Device(s)
    Current: Nexus 4. Previous: Focus, Touch, Q, T637, Q105
    Carrier(s)
    Current: ATT. Previous: Virgin, Sprint, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    You have a link?

Currently rural WISP is 900MHz, different propagation IMO.
    IMO money will not be there to build a parallel infrastructure, not until all the low hanging fruits will be picked (urban/residential).
    Hmmm. Don't know much about 900MHz, but I've seen 3.5GHz mentioned quite a few times for FWA in rural markets. THat's why WISPA has been so vocal about how the rules are drawn up by the FCC. Not just small ones wither. Windstream and I believe Frontier as well are using that spectrum to help fulfill their CAF requirements. Now that they can deploy, I hope it'll move quickly.

https://www.fiercewireless.com/wirel...y-benefit-most

https://www.telecompetitor.com/cbrs-...ll-gain-speed/

Verizon though, doesn't seem too keen on the FWA aspect of it yet.

Feedback Score
    Don't get me worng, I think that the shared bandwidth model is what should be over all the spectrum.
    Then it will stimulate competition and drive the prices down.
    The current model with billion dollar bids it's just concentrating the RF spectrum in 4 companies hands.

Carrier(s)
    Spectrum Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    The Pixel 3 spec sheet does not mention band 48 though supposedly it can be activated in software update but that was mentioned 8 months ago and as far as I know it hasn't bene done yet. Until it actually happens call me skeptical. Also the S10 does not have band 48 support, the Note 10 does though. The LG V50 and G8 have band 48 support.
    I am wondering if the wireless carrier has to pay Google to enable the disabled band in the cell phone that can be enabled by a firmware update. It sounds like the phone is capable of using band 48 if Verizon Wireless wants to work with Google to enable that band in a future update.

Feedback Score
    Is the other way around. The phone manufacturer submits the phone with the new firmware to the carrier for certification (with pay).
    Only after that passes, the manufacturer can push the update notification to the carrier and the carrier passes that to the specific phones in their system.
    Of course the actual download happens over WiFi after that notification.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I don't know if they can use it for FWI in rural areas given the current power limitation
    Midco (a WISP at the edges of their midwest based wired network) reported, using unlicensed CBRS spectrum with customers hitting 100mb down speeds with an 8 mile line of sight and 4 mile no line of sight radius.

They had an antenna on the top of a grain elevator which screams rural. It's the unlicensed spectrum and maybe that's the big difference.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    Midco (a WISP at the edges of their midwest based wired network) reported, using unlicensed CBRS spectrum with customers hitting 100mb down speeds with an 8 mile line of sight and 4 mile no line of sight radius.

They had an antenna on the top of a grain elevator which screams rural. It's the unlicensed spectrum and maybe that's the big difference.
    I wonder if that kind of deployment is limited only to certain areas though. My point is I guess, if WISPs can deploy it at high enough power to get a 4-8 mile range to the UE, then why wouldn't Verizon or other carriers be able to use unlicensed on their macro sites with that range as well instead of limiting it initially to small cells at lower power levels ?

That's a better range than B41!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    I wonder if that kind of deployment is limited only to certain areas though. My point is I guess, if WISPs can deploy it at high enough power to get a 4-8 mile range to the UE, then why wouldn't Verizon or other carriers be able to use unlicensed on their macro sites with that range as well instead of limiting it initially to small cells at lower power levels ?

That's a better range than B41!
    Stationary vs mobile... having a device mounted in a window has much different range than a phone.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Feedback Score
    The phone power needs to be sufficient to reach back to the tower too. It doesn't help that the tower can "scream" louder if the cellphone can't "scream" back.
    Stationary receiver with lots if power and external antenna is different.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    Huawei in conjunction with Swiss carrier Sunrise has reached speeds of 3.67gb using just 100mhz of C-band spectrum which is just a single channel of 5G but using mutliple phones (not sure how that was done). They reached 2gb speeds with a single phone.

Verizon has 2ghz of mmwave spectrum so getting those speeds with just 100mhz of spectrum is amazing.

https://www.telecompetitor.com/amid-...band-spectrum/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5