Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Verizon Double Data Plans Now Tripled?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    711
    Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Verizon Double Data Plans Now Tripled?

    My 3gig double data plan renewed last night but my data tripled.

    Name:  Capture+_2019-09-10-14-16-53.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  49.0 KB

    Did Verizon mess up or are we getting a data upgrade?

    Checking my plan in My Verizon still shows $40 3gig plan.

    Name:  Screenshot_2019-09-09-23-34-02.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  34.5 KB
    LG V20 (Verizon)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,168
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    My 3gig double data plan renewed last night but my data tripled.

    Name:  Capture+_2019-09-10-14-16-53.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  49.0 KB

    Did Verizon mess up or are we getting a data upgrade?

    Checking my plan in My Verizon still shows $40 3gig plan.

    Name:  Screenshot_2019-09-09-23-34-02.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  34.5 KB
    How many lines do you have?

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    711
    Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just the one line.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    2,261
    Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Did Verizon mess up or are we getting a data upgrade?

    Checking my plan in My Verizon still shows $40 3gig plan.
    You must have used less than 3GB of data last month and have a plan that was activated prior to 11-6-18.

    3GB base amount +
    3GB double data +
    3GB carryover data
    --------------------------
    = 9GB of data

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    711
    Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    You must have used less than 3GB of data last month and have a plan that was activated prior to 11-6-18.

    3GB base amount +
    3GB double data +
    3GB carryover data
    --------------------------
    = 9GB of data
    No, I activated on 12/18. Last month I used 5.04 of my 6 gigs.

    A friend whose activated a few days after I did gets his payment deducted tonight. I'll see if he gets a data boost or stay at 6.

    I also got a VZW text too.

    Verizon Msg: Congrats! We've added 3GB to your account. You can check your balance here: m.vzw.com/m/prepaid
    Last edited by Turtley; 09-11-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Added vzw message

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    2,261
    Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtley View Post
    Verizon Msg: Congrats! We've added 3GB to your account. You can check your balance here: m.vzw.com/m/prepaid
    Hmmm. First I've heard about it. But a nice bonus for you.

    So are you under the impression this is a permanent data increase or just a one-time deal? Heck, I'd switch back to the $40 plan if I got 9GB/month.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    45
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm on the post 11-2018 3gb double data plan. The plan renews in a few days. I'll report back if I get the bonus data.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    711
    Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    Hmmm. First I've heard about it. But a nice bonus for you.

    So are you under the impression this is a permanent data increase or just a one-time deal? Heck, I'd switch back to the $40 plan if I got 9GB/month.
    I was surprised to get it. I don't know if it is a one time gift or a new update to their prepaid plans.

    If it is a new update then I would think it would be across all prepaid double data plans.

    I'm waiting on the result of a friend's which renews tonight. He has the same plan as I do. I won't know until morning though.

    UPDATE: A friend on the 3gig double data only got his regular 6gig. My extra 3 gig must be a gift. I don't know why I got it though.

    UPDATE 2: More info to come!
    Last edited by Turtley; 09-12-2019 at 08:14 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,217
    Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The new plans don’t include carryover data. They removed that months ago.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    123
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    When my plan renewed on 8/24 my other 2 lines got the double data right away. My 8GB line only showed the 8GB for a day or two. I was going to call by the end of the day if it didn't show up, but it did that evening. Then the next day they added another 8GB so I've got 24 GB this month on my line. I'm sure it's just a computer error when adding the bonus data. I won't complain about it, but last month I only used about 5 GB of my 16 so I'm usually good.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    711
    Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by purwater View Post
    When my plan renewed on 8/24 my other 2 lines got the double data right away. My 8GB line only showed the 8GB for a day or two. I was going to call by the end of the day if it didn't show up, but it did that evening. Then the next day they added another 8GB so I've got 24 GB this month on my line. I'm sure it's just a computer error when adding the bonus data. I won't complain about it, but last month I only used about 5 GB of my 16 so I'm usually good.
    You won't know for sure until on the 24th?

    My brother who just activated using a Wal-Mart boxed phone and a ebay pin on the 10th got a 3gig message this morning. His my verizon account hasn't updated yet though.

    Name:  Screenshot_2019-09-12-10-25-45.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  48.7 KB

    Will post when or if his my verizon account updates.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    123
    Device(s)
    Galaxy Note 9
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have to assume my extra 8 GB was just an error since the other lines didn't get any extra over the double data bonus. I'll know when the 24th comes around. I'd be glad if they decided to throw some extra at me. Even better would be my wife's line since she uses the most data of my 3 lines.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    711
    Device(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Carrier(s)
    LG V20 Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I just don't get it! I had double data to start with! Someone make a mistake somewhere!? I knew it was too good to be true! I still have over 8 gigs left. Oh, well.

    Name:  Screenshot_2019-09-12-15-41-54.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  31.4 KB

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone looking to give up Verizon Double data plan?
    By Badrsj in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 01:33 PM
  2. WTB Verizon unlimited data plan with upgrade available right now!
    By Saule in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
  3. WTB: Verizon double data plan
    By desitiger in forum Take over my phone plan
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2013, 12:02 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-17-2012, 02:22 PM
  5. Replies: 429
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 09:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks