Thread: iPhone 7 from Tracfone website, can VoLTE work on Tracfone T-Mobile or AT&T SIM card?

Feedback Score

iPhone 7 from Tracfone website, can VoLTE work on Tracfone T-Mobile or AT&T SIM card?

Bought someone a Tracfone iPhone 7 from Tracfone's website because it was on sale last month.

It came with Tracfone Verizon SIM card and VoLTE works just fine.

When I tried Tracfone AT&T SIM card, voice calls revert to 3G. When the call ends, it goes back to 4G LTE.

When I tried Tracfone T-Mobile SIM card, voice calls revert to 2G. When the call ends, it goes back to 4G LTE.

Is that how it's supposed to work for now?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    You need to have VoLTE on the SIM/account, not just the phone. I know with Verizon based SIM, you will get it for sure.

I know with AT&T based SIM, you will not get VoLTE since AT&T does not like options like this to their MVNO. The only oddball ones is Cricket and Consumer Cellular. AT&T just recently started to give their own prepaid users VoLTE.

I am not sure why the T-Mobile one does not have VoLTE, but for maybe the SIM never got provisioned to have VoLTE. Since I have no T-Mobile service here, I would not know.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I am not sure why the T-Mobile one does not have VoLTE, but for maybe the SIM never got provisioned to have VoLTE. Since I have no T-Mobile service here, I would not know.
    My wife's TF-branded Fiesta 2 is on TF/T-mobile. It was activated in Feb 2019 and has VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    My Total wireless iPhone 6s works with my net10 at&t Sim when I tried it a week or so ago, prior to that maybe a month ago, it didn't get volte, now it does, it's the same Sim I've let die and reactivated probably a dozen times over the last 2 years... I also have an at&t branded Motorola z2 force, same thing, volte now works with my net10 att sim.... Curiously volte does not work on the same sim card with my Simple mobile LG Fiesta, it does get volte with a T-Mobile net10 sim though.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    My wife's TF-branded Fiesta 2 is on TF/T-mobile. It was activated in Feb 2019 and has VoLTE.
    Sent from my LGL63BL using HoFo mobile app