Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Phase 5 of 600 mhz rollout is complete- How soon should I start seeing Band 71

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Take a look on cellmapper.net. you can filter band 71. In NC looks like a site near Hillsborough

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    Doesn't the pixel 4 fully support T-Mobile? And if it is fully unlocked can it be use on other carriers

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    Doesn't the pixel 4 fully support T-Mobile? And if it is fully unlocked can it be use on other carriers

Yes and yes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCingularUser View Post
    Does anyone know what phase covers west-central Alabama? ....
    T-Mobile has been deploying band 71 along US-80, between Montgomery and Meridian. I also found band 71 in Oak Hill, AL when I passed through recently. Except for right along US-80, not many T-Mobile customers do a lot of CellMapper mapping in this very rural part of the state. You might be able to answer questions about specific locations by using T-Mobile's coverage map and toggling 600 MHz coverage off and on.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Yes and yes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Hm ok and upstate New York ...is it being deployed in upstate NY State

Feedback Score
    Since this forum is about 600 mhz. Anyone know why my area was 10x10 and it's now 5x5? One pic is from when it was 10x10 vs now 5x5

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    LTE-A
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Since this forum is about 600 mhz. Anyone know why my area was 10x10 and it's now 5x5? One pic is from when it was 10x10 vs now 5x5

Different PCI's which means they are from different sectors or different sites. I'm sure there is a reason for it being 5x5 on the one. Try and connect your device onto PCI 249 again and see what you find.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
    Different PCI's which means they are from different sectors or different sites. I'm sure there is a reason for it being 5x5 on the one. Try and connect your device onto PCI 249 again and see what you find.
    I keep doing airplane mode and when it does connect to B71 it only goes to the 5x5. I have not seen 10x10 lately

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    I keep doing airplane mode and when it does connect to B71 it only goes to the 5x5. I have not seen 10x10 lately

T-Mobile has band 71 deployed here for over a year it's only 5 megahertz like band 12. If they think they're going to launch 5G on the 5 megahertz slice both bands they're kidding themselves.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    T-Mobile has been deploying band 71 along US-80, between Montgomery and Meridian. I also found band 71 in Oak Hill, AL when I passed through recently. Except for right along US-80, not many T-Mobile customers do a lot of CellMapper mapping in this very rural part of the state. You might be able to answer questions about specific locations by using T-Mobile's coverage map and toggling 600 MHz coverage off and on.
    I scrolled around Tuscaloosa, toggling band 71 off and on, but it didn't change the map at all. CellMapper seems to show that someone picked it up around the PNC Bank on Greensboro Ave, but that's all I can see.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using HoFo mobile app
    The 411 on Free 411
    Hanging Up on Telemarketers
    Need to waste some valuable time? Read my blog![/COLOR] Marion's Time Waster

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I scrolled around Tuscaloosa, toggling band 71 off and on, but it didn't change the map at all. CellMapper seems to show that someone picked it up around the PNC Bank on Greensboro Ave, but that's all I can see.
    At Greensboro and University. Some more spread out on I-59. Keep in mind that eastern and central Alabama have band 12 already and won't be a high priority for deployment of band 71. Band 71 is needed to augment rural coverage in western Alabama and Mississippi, where CSpire has the 700A license. If you back out on CellMapper until you can see all of Alabama and Mississippi, then click on band-12, you'll see what I mean.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    At Greensboro and University. Some more spread out on I-59. Keep in mind that eastern and central Alabama have band 12 already and won't be a high priority for deployment of band 71. Band 71 is needed to augment rural coverage in western Alabama and Mississippi, where CSpire has the 700A license. If you back out on CellMapper until you can see all of Alabama and Mississippi, then click on band-12, you'll see what I mean.
    Thanks! I was kind of hoping to see them overlay some band 71 coverage over Tuscaloosa to hopefully fill in some weak spots I noticed when using their hotspot test device.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Edge, LG V10, Iphone 6S plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! I was kind of hoping to see them overlay some band 71 coverage over Tuscaloosa to hopefully fill in some weak spots I noticed when using their hotspot test device.

Tuscaloosa and Northport have lots of 600 deployed already.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmobilenatl View Post
    Tuscaloosa and Northport have lots of 600 deployed already.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Cool. I just wish it'd take care of some of the weak coverage areas I've seen, like the area around Jack Warner and Helen Keller and 82 near Northport Hospital.

Just curious if you know how something like the Coolpad Surf compares to some flagship phones in terms of reception. The signal never completely dropped, but it was kind of weak on the Surf.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Edge, LG V10, Iphone 6S plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score

Phase 5 of 600 mhz rollout is complete- How soon should I start seeing Band 71

[QUOTE=ALCingularUser;17099892]Cool. I just wish it'd take care of some of the weak coverage areas I've seen, like the area around Jack Warner and Helen Keller and 82 near Northport Hospital.

Just curious if you know how something like the Coolpad Surf compares to some flagship phones in terms of reception. The signal never completely dropped, but it was kind of weak on the Surf.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using https://maps.t-mobile.com/pcc.html?map=mvno-noroam-34l

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=tmobilenatl;17099896]
    Cool. I just wish it'd take care of some of the weak coverage areas I've seen, like the area around Jack Warner and Helen Keller and 82 near Northport Hospital.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using https://maps.t-mobile.com/pcc.html?map=mvno-noroam-34l
    Interesting. Kind of surprised that T-Mobile covers Marengo County at all. Good to hear.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast