Thread: Straight talk Hotspot

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Straight talk Hotspot

I have a ZTE z291dl hotspot using Verizon towers with straight talk. I want to bring it to Verizon but when I put the IMEI # it says not compatible with the Verizon network. Any way of getting this to work with Verizon?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by realjet View Post
    I have a ZTE z291dl hotspot using Verizon towers with straight talk. I want to bring it to Verizon but when I put the IMEI # it says not compatible with the Verizon network. Any way of getting this to work with Verizon?

How long have you used it on straight talk? Looks like it’s a straight talk sold device that’s why. Probably have to use it for a year before it can be used on Verizon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've only had it for a few months. What I don't understand I called Verizon a few times gave them the IMEI # and they told me that it would work. I even went online put the number in and it says it's compatible.
    A few days ago I switched from Verizon postpaid to prepaid. When I gave him the number he said it wasn't compatible. I even checked online. Same thing. Why would that change?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    I've only had it for a few months. What I don't understand I called Verizon a few times gave them the IMEI # and they told me that it would work. I even went online put the number in and it says it's compatible.
    A few days ago I switched from Verizon postpaid to prepaid. When I gave him the number he said it wasn't compatible. I even checked online. Same thing. Why would that change?

No clue. But generally carrier bought prepaid devices are locked for 6 - 12 months. Usually stated on the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Here is Tracfone's unlocking policy: https://www.tfwunlockpolicy.com/wps/portal/home/

The only thing that I don't know is if hotspots can be unlocked or not.

Feedback Score

As strange as it sounds I've read threads that imply that Verizon approved phones for Post paid vs Prepaid can differ.

What's the reason you want to switch to Verizon vs ST/Vzw ? Better GB price?
    I have the same z291 hotspot on ST/Vzw and my connection is great vs their older z289 which sucked. z291 has more bands. I'd just like to find a cheaper hot spot device data plan I can use mine on with the same quality (or better) connection. I've asked on here but got no answers that are much better then $10GB without compromising reliability.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    As strange as it sounds I've read threads that imply that Verizon approved phones for Post paid vs Prepaid can differ.

What's the reason you want to switch to Verizon vs ST/Vzw ? Better GB price?
    I have the same z291 hotspot on ST/Vzw and my connection is great vs their older z289 which sucked. z291 has more bands. I'd just like to find a cheaper hot spot device data plan I can use mine on with the same quality (or better) connection. I've asked on here but got no answers that are much better then $10GB without compromising reliability.
    I can get 6gb for 35. 10 off with the family plan. 25. They have double data for phones and devices now.
    I even went on a different computer with postpaid and tried it same thing. 2 weeks ago both were fine.

I'm using it for my cameras at my camper out of state. Been working great so far. I was going to have the Sim shipped to my friend who lives in the area. If I set up a different hotspot I'll have to be there to set up with the new device.

Feedback Score
    is the hotspot still being used with straight talk ?? try removing the device from the straight talk account and see if you can try to activate the hotspot device with Verizon. if not then you may have to wait 6 - 12 months

Feedback Score
    Plenty of things on the Internet saying the Straight Talk hotspots are locked. One way to tell is putting a Verizon SIM in it. If locked, it should give an error. This is a problem for you being it's not near. Not sure if Verizon will accept anything but their own devices. Yes, Prepaid may have changed the rules. Verizon Jetpacks are pretty cheap on eBay.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    If you're smart you would get an AT&T data pass for $35 / mo. Just need an IMEI for an ipad pro and your own AT&T SIM. Works great in my MR1100 Netgear hotspot. I didn't do it, but a buddy of mine managed 4990gb in one month. Didn't throttle him or cut him off. I don't recommend doing that or they might stop doing it again.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk