Thread: Questions for those on AutoPay

Feedback Score

Questions for those on AutoPay

So I have a few questions for those of you who use auto pay.

First, do you get texts 10 days and 2 days before your plan renews telling you your renew date?
    Second, when your plan does renew, how long before your "renew" date do you get charged?
    Third, when you get a text telling you "sucess!" on your renewal, does it list the correct renewal date for the next month?

So I ask these questions because ATT seems to be violating their terms and straight up sending incorrect info in texts.

This all started yesterday when I got a text @ 3:01 PM EST saying my plan renews tomorrow (the whole stupid 30 days vs an actual month keeps moving my pay day closer to the start of the month) So I went on callingmart and did a reload. This morning when I checked on my account I found out that they had charged my account, so I paid for 2 months at one time. I was confused because I shouldn't have been autopay charged until the end of the day, however I actually got charged at 6:17 AM EST...9 hours before I got the text about the plan auto renew tomorrow! When I looked at their website, right on the landing page for my account it says, "Plan will automatically renew on September 8." So why would I expect to be charged in the morning of the 7th if the plan auto renews on the 8th? I would expect it at midnight when we hit the 8th. I don't think that is an unreasonable view to take considering the language they use.

Next, when I looked at the auto pay terms of service, the third paragraph jumped out to me, "Account holders on a monthly plan will be notified, via SMS message, ten (10) days and two (2) days in advance of your AutoPay due date of the amount that will be charged to your credit/debit card or debited from your checking account that month. " I went and looked at my texts from them for the last year and noticed that I have been randomly over the last year getting the texts from two different numbers and it hasn't always been 2 and 10 days before the actual due date. I noticed the last text I got that actually listed enough time in advance was back in July, so I didn't get either the 2 or 10 day warning for this cycle. In addition, some of the texts have the amount listed and some don't.

Lastly, when I get the "success" text (seems to normally be the day after the renew date) it's listing the incorrect date for the next payment date. Instead of saying the next month date, it's listing the date I just paid for. So for example, the success text I got 8/10/19 says, "Make note that your payment date is 08/09/19" So they are listing the previous day as the next due date!

All that to ask if anyone else is having issue also with getting the texts correctly, according to their terms of service, and getting charged on the correct day.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I am experiencing the same issues. In addition, under the website Payment Details/Summary, my autopay discount is sometimes displayed and other times is not, very frustrating. The website needs a complete overhaul.

Feedback Score
    Today, 9/23/19, I received an AT&T free msg: Success! your AT&T Prepaid plan renewed without a hitch. Make note that your next payment date is 09/22/19. AT&T Prepaid needs to get their act together.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    That "next payment date" glitch has been there at least since the acct. website was redesigned. I get texts 2 days ahead, but I always keep my acct loaded with at least the $100 my bill costs (4 lines) so I don't know about payment times. It used to be that you could call about a problem like that and get it fixed; not so sure after my last couple of calls. Support is definitely different but worth a try.

Feedback Score
    I had $90.00 in my account and it said the payment would be $40.00. I just got a text that my auto payment would be taken out tomorrow and now it says I have a $100.00 balance and the payment will be $50.00. Do they add $10.00 to your balance for the auto-pay discount and then take out the full amount of the plan????

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I had $90.00 in my account and it said the payment would be $40.00. I just got a text that my auto payment would be taken out tomorrow and now it says I have a $100.00 balance and the payment will be $50.00. Do they add $10.00 to your balance for the auto-pay discount and then take out the full amount of the plan????
    Yep, that's exactly how it works - the whole prepaid account management system is a system that was made years ago by Ericsson and many things have been bolted on to modernize it a bit. I guess the easiest way to do an autopay discount is to do a $10 credit right before the charge, rather than adjusting plan prices for some users, but not others.