Thread: Looking for UTNT no data on a 4G flip phone.

Feedback Score

Looking for UTNT no data on a 4G flip phone.

My mother in law uses no data or SMS, just a ton of minutes. She wants to switch to a 4G flip phone (she's been on Sprint 3G flip phones for a long time but they're showing their age and besides they can't be activated anymore.)

Sprint is out, and I don't know about ATT supporting VOLTE on their MVNO's so I'm basically looking for a TMobile or Verizon MVNO that supports VOLTE and has a good price for unlimited talk. I'll buy a phone myself for her (model suggestions are appreciated too.)

Feedback Score
    Why is Sprint out if she gets a good Sprint Native signal? There's gotta be a 4G Flipper that will work on the $8.00 Tello unlimited T&T plan.

Device(s)
    Z10, Bold, Galaxy S8
    Feedback Score
    You can get a Coolpad Snap from the Tello store if she wants to stay with Sprint. Or if she has good ATT signal, she can get an Alcatel Cingular Flip 2. For Verizon, there is the ZTE Cymbal and Freetel Flip. For T-Mobile, there is the Alcatel Go Flip. As for plans, a good place to look to find unlimited talk plans is prepaidcompare.net.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by barryspar View Post
    I'm not aware of any Sprint flippers that can be activated now because they will not activate 3G devices and there are no Sprint 4G flippers.

If I'm wrong let me know and I'll be glad! She lives in an area with good Sprint coverage.
    The Sprint Coolpad Snap is 4G. I've had luck with a few Sprint, Virgin and Boost flippers working on Tello right out of the box. It may be worth grabbing one at a local store and running the IMEI on Tello's device checker before you even open it. Tello sells a refurbished Snap for around $50.00. $50.00 is kinda steep but when the service is $8.00 a month it's not a big deal. I've had both my elderly Rents on the unlimited Tello plan with flippers for a long time. Ones a Boost Coast and the others a Virgin Kona.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for making me aware of the Sprint flip phones! I didn't realize they were out there.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus, Tello, T-Mobile, TRU SIM, Black Wrls
    Feedback Score
    As others and I have discovered:
    Should you go with Tello, opt for the UTnT + 500MB data Build Your Own Plan, for $9/mo. plus tax. Due to the way the taxes are calculated, the total cost is actually a few cents less than the $8 no data plan.

I have had three lines with Tello, with never a problem with service or billing.