Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: What advantage does T-Mobile's new 600MHz network compared to AT&T?

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    What I have not heard yet is what the various carriers with 850 MHz CLR licenses plan to do with the little fiddly bits* of those bands when they convert to LTE. I wonder why the licensees haven't gone to the FCC requesting that the bands be reorganized in a more rational way.

For those who are not aware, the cellular A-block has an orphaned 1.5 MHz section and the B-block has a 2.5 MHz slice that's disconnected from the rest of the blocks.
    I on the other hand I think that T-Mobile should be forced to roll out more extensive coverage after Sprint is absorbed. Otherwise Yank all of T-Mobile's band 71 licenses.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

What advantage does T-Mobile's new 600MHz network compared to AT&T?

I just want At&t to get their shyt together and work on their network , here in Los Angeles California I been sticking with them and trying to be a loyal customer. But their Network honestly is behind Verizon and even T-mobile. Yes T-mobile I NEVER ever thought I would say that but the day has come t-mobile actually works better than At&t here in every category LTE speed , signal inside buildings , voice quality both Verizon and T-mobile their Networks are much more stronger and dense. At&t becomes unusable at big events while the other 2 work fine . Also large touristy areas like Santa Monica, long Beach, Venice , west Hollywood , Malibu Still as of 2019 have very spotty At&t coverage and lots of hspa which becomes unusable during rush hour and I just don't get it why ??!! Can anyone please explain to me why!!! I just do NOT get it and never been able to understand why At&t just don't care I mean those are places were lots of people go and they just don't do anything about it . Mean while the other 2 work fine and have strong LTE in all them places . Ugh it's frustrating really . I have decided I'm just gonna wait till middle of next year . And if they don't improve I am finally leaving to either Verizon or TMO after being with At&t 7 years . I tried all kinds of phones thinking that was the problem but nope and honestly I'm just tired of always being the one with unusable service in events and places like that while my friends on TMobile and Verizon are able to enjoy their phones and do things like upload pics , send texts and even make calls .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omarc443 View Post
    I just want At&t to get their shyt together and work on their network , here in Los Angeles California I been sticking with them and trying to be a loyal customer. But their Network honestly is behind Verizon and even T-mobile. Yes T-mobile I NEVER ever thought I would say that but the day has come t-mobile actually works better than At&t here in every category LTE speed , signal inside buildings , voice quality both Verizon and T-mobile their Networks are much more stronger and dense. At&t becomes unusable at big events while the other 2 work fine . Also large touristy areas like Santa Monica, long Beach, Venice , west Hollywood , Malibu Still as of 2019 have very spotty At&t coverage and lots of hspa which becomes unusable during rush hour and I just don't get it why ??!! Can anyone please explain to me why!!! I just do NOT get it and never been able to understand why At&t just don't care I mean those are places were lots of people go and they just don't do anything about it . Mean while the other 2 work fine and have strong LTE in all them places . Ugh it's frustrating really . I have decided I'm just gonna wait till middle of next year . And if they don't improve I am finally leaving to either Verizon or TMO after being with At&t 7 years . I tried all kinds of phones thinking that was the problem but nope and honestly I'm just tired of always being the one with unusable service in events and places like that while my friends on TMobile and Verizon are able to enjoy their phones and do things like upload pics , send texts and even make calls .

Ive been having a lot of data issues with att lately to where i was lucky for it to work half of the time so hopefully its not the new norm with att. Mine got so bad I'm using a T-Mobile line for data.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    I on the other hand I think that T-Mobile should be forced to roll out more extensive coverage after Sprint is absorbed. Otherwise Yank all of T-Mobile's band 71 licenses.....
    Band 71 licenses come with geographic build-out requirements. AFAIK, T-Mobile is way ahead of what they're required to do by the FCC. Other licensees haven't even begun their band 71 build-out.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Band 71 licenses come with geographic build-out requirements. AFAIK, T-Mobile is way ahead of what they're required to do by the FCC. Other licensees haven't even begun their band 71 build-out.
    But at the same time that should be consequences for not being able or unwilling to expand coverage

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    What I have not heard yet is what the various carriers with 850 MHz CLR licenses plan to do with the little fiddly bits* of those bands when they convert to LTE. I wonder why the licensees haven't gone to the FCC requesting that the bands be reorganized in a more rational way.

For those who are not aware, the cellular A-block has an orphaned 1.5 MHz section and the B-block has a 2.5 MHz slice that's disconnected from the rest of the blocks.
    AT&T is doing nothing with them now, as their LTE and WCDMA is at least a 5x5. I'd assume Verizon will do the same when they shut down CDMA. Shutting down CDMA has little to do with spectrum, and a lot to do with the cost of running and maintaining an older network. Many sites today don't have CDMA on Verizon, so that spectrum is already dead in many areas.

I just want At&t to get their shyt together and work on their network , here in Los Angeles California I been sticking with them and trying to be a loyal customer. But their Network honestly is behind Verizon and even T-mobile.
    All carriers vary by market. I'll be in the LA area at the end of the month with AT&T, Mint, and Project Fi, so I'll be comparing AT&T and T-Mobile primarily.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Sure, from a spectrum position, but the equipment still costs a fortune to keep running. M2M users need to upgrade. Network technology has to move forward. I mourn the loss of coverage that is coming with the VZ and T 3G shutdowns, but M2M users can adapt or get kicked off, hell as I care.

T-Mobile and Verizon/Sprint should already have pulled the plug on GSM and EVDO, respectively. Neither has a role in this day and age. CDMA/1x and UMTS still serve a really important role coverage wise.
    Well maybe. If they keep the old equipment up then yes. If they are running software defined radio setup then maybe not. I recall many years ago some smaller cellco wanted maximum roaming so they threw in software defined radios, running at one point tdma, cdma, gsm (2g) and evdo off a single system. Later it was cdma, evdo, gsm, and umts. So with a 4g sdr they can possibly just tick a few boxes to run a slice of 3g and 2g, no additional hardware needed.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

What advantage does T-Mobile's new 600MHz network compared to AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    AT&T is doing nothing with them now, as their LTE and WCDMA is at least a 5x5. I'd assume Verizon will do the same when they shut down CDMA. Shutting down CDMA has little to do with spectrum, and a lot to do with the cost of running and maintaining an older network. Many sites today don't have CDMA on Verizon, so that spectrum is already dead in many areas.

All carriers vary by market. I'll be in the LA area at the end of the month with AT&T, Mint, and Project Fi, so I'll be comparing AT&T and T-Mobile primarily.
    Good luck ! And we'll yea I'm just surprised In a big market like LA , At&t is behind the rest .

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    But at the same time that should be consequences for not being able or unwilling to expand coverage.
    Yes, but that doesn't describe T-Mobile. Since acquiring low-band licenses, they've been rapidly expanding coverage, to the point that they're beginning to rival AT&T in some markets. Band 71 deployments are focused on 1) congested urban markets and 2) rural areas where other carriers have all the 700 MHz licenses. They are far ahead of any FCC requirements. The market can punish them for any rural coverage holes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themanhimself View Post
    Ive been having a lot of data issues with att lately to where i was lucky for it to work half of the time so hopefully its not the new norm with att. Mine got so bad I'm using a T-Mobile line for data.
    I am seriously thinking of doing that also! Get a T-mobile line for data ugh.... I hope they fix it soon hopefully it's not gonna be the new norm like u said. ...

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I am seriously thinking of doing that also! Get a T-mobile line for data ugh.... I hope they fix it soon hopefully it's not gonna be the new norm like u said. ...
    I see a lot of complaints from T-Mobile customers about poor data speeds in urban and congested areas. (e.g. regularly getting 0.5 Mbps download) I think it's happening to all carriers. It's a sign of the times, unlimited plans, streaming videos. etc. I don't think there's any system that can be built that will allow 250K+ people to all live stream the ball drop on New Years Eve.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    Well maybe. If they keep the old equipment up then yes.
    If they have SDR, they don't have 2G implemented on it, as they use old equipment, at least AT&T did, and Verizon does.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I see a lot of complaints from T-Mobile customers about poor data speeds in urban and congested areas. (e.g. regularly getting 0.5 Mbps download) I think it's happening to all carriers. It's a sign of the times, unlimited plans, streaming videos. etc. I don't think there's any system that can be built that will allow 250K+ people to all live stream the ball drop on New Years Eve.
    I'm having no issues with AT&t whatsoever.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think it's happening to all carriers.
    Yeah I’m really having trouble getting 10+ Mbps lol- and I’m on prepaid, lower priority than postpaid. I’ve only found 1 spot in my area where data doesn’t work- by a school, band 12 is really congested. But go around that area at like 9-10pm and it’s fine. Name:  6C62F623-F866-4E8F-97F3-CD99108F1E36.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  33.6 KBName:  252676DC-9DC7-47A8-8CEE-84CE2113235C.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  34.0 KB
    Personal Highest on LTE - US RT 1 and MD-152

Home internet - Verizon Fios 150/150 (Upgraded to Gigabit Jan. 26 2019)

Fios Gigabit:

Device(s)
    Pixel, Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint KickStart
    Feedback Score
    It is all relative to location. In many areas of Las Vegas/Henderson, speeds on AT&T and T-Mobile are pathetic due to congestion and over-saturation. I was getting upload speeds 20-25 times faster than download speeds. .5 download speeds during peak hours lately.

Since I have no allegiance to any carrier and am not a loyal customer, I took a risk and switched to Sprint. Yeah, I know many say they are terrible. But I am getting consistent low 30's Mbps download speeds on B41. And I am paying $25 a month for unlimited voice and data up to 50GB. Who knows how long it will last? It is like life. My AT&T tablet buyasession plan speeds on my smartphone were decent (mid 20 Mbps speeds) for close to 2 years before they crapped out.

I just use my smartphones for internet so I won't put up with poor speeds or performance for long.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast