Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: What advantage does T-Mobile's new 600MHz network compared to AT&T?

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    I do to but they can't continue with their lack of coverage and even lack of low band spectrum.
    Sprint is viable in major metros using B41/n41 as their main band. Historically, the density required has been high, but now compared to Verizon and AT&T's mmWave, B41/n41 looks like a very CAPEX efficient way to deploy 5G within major metro areas. They can continue to operate elsewhere, but wouldn't be focusing on those markets.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    I don't particularly like Sprint (at least not more than any other carrier) but I also hate seeing them fail. I feel that the US needs at least four wireless carriers to assure strong price competition. IMHO, three carriers is not that much different from a duopoly. I hope that Dish turns out to be that viable fourth carrier but I have my doubts about it.

Four national ones, anyway, here, we have four, AT&T, VZ, TMO and USCC, but the fourth, USCC is, of course, a regional. Sprint never built out here, so if Dish builds out, we could end up with five carriers again (we actually had five for a time, VZ, Edge/AT&T, USCC, TMO, Metro PCS, before Metro PCS was merged into T-Mobile) in Mendocino County. Sprint? I never liked them, either, their coverage STINKS in the west, it looks like they just threw spaghetti at a map, and built that mess out lol

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Four national ones, anyway, here, we have four, AT&T, VZ, TMO and USCC, but the fourth, USCC is, of course, a regional. Sprint never built out here, so if Dish builds out, we could end up with five carriers again (we actually had five for a time, VZ, Edge/AT&T, USCC, TMO, Metro PCS, before Metro PCS was merged into T-Mobile) in Mendocino County. Sprint? I never liked them, either, their coverage STINKS in the west, it looks like they just threw spaghetti at a map, and built that mess out lol
    I wouldn't count on DISH doing anything. They are known spectrum squatters and the economic incentives will be to pay the fines and sell their spectrum. It seems like they are buying time, but the weird part about the whole thing is that they are making their spectrum less valuable by having fewer carriers on the market, and having a combined T-Sprint that doesn't need more spectrum. Right now, their spectrum is worth more, since Sprint needs the B71, and Verizon and T-Mobile need the mid-band.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11