Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: What advantage does T-Mobile's new 600MHz network compared to AT&T?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question What advantage does T-Mobile's new 600MHz network compared to AT&T?

Sounds like they're just adding LTE Advanced or Dual Carrier LTE. Anybody have insight into this?

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 9.01.28 AM.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  30.0 KB

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    More than likely, better building penetration of signal.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I heard the new 600 mhz helps tmobile beat att lte by 1% coverage wise.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by berry05 View Post
    I have T-Mobile and AT&t and I can still say AT&t is better with the coverage.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dandn1321 View Post
    I have T-Mobile and AT&t and I can still say AT&t is better with the coverage.

Where are you from? I'm thinking of switching to att, but I feel like there network isn't reliable. For example my friends have att and live in the same apartment complex. When they call me the voice quality is extremely spotty and I can barely hear them vs when I'm over there inside the apartment complex making calls on my tmobile phone no problem with crystal clear voice quality. Is att data speeds faster than tmobile? I feel like data speed on my tmobile is pretty fast.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Where are you from? I'm thinking of switching to att, but I feel like there network isn't reliable. For example my friends have att and live in the same apartment complex. When they call me the voice quality is extremely spotty and I can barely hear them vs when I'm over there inside the apartment complex making calls on my tmobile phone no problem with crystal clear voice quality. Is att data speeds faster than tmobile? I feel like data speed on my tmobile is pretty fast.
    I'm from New Jersey

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That's because T-Mobile is taking forever to cooperate with other carriers with cross carrier HD Voice.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    That's because T-Mobile is taking forever to cooperate with other carriers with cross carrier HD Voice.
    I disagree with you T-Mobile still has some pretty shoddy coverage that needs to be fixed. On top of that they are so constrained in some markets that is ridiculous. also on top of that in my area they are deploying band 71 on the 5 megahertz block when they have 10. If they think running 5 megahertz 5G service is something to brag about that's bullcrap.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus Product Red
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I disagree with you T-Mobile still has some pretty shoddy coverage that needs to be fixed. On top of that they are so constrained in some markets that is ridiculous. also on top of that in my area they are deploying band 71 on the 5 megahertz block when they have 10. If they think running 5 megahertz 5G service is something to brag about that's bullcrap.

No doubt, I wouldn't give a t-mobile line to a kid. Last night i was in a low income area and my highest on t-mobile was 3 Mbps, while my highest on att was 75 Mbps. 1 year ago i was in the same spot and got .8 Mbps on a family members brand new iPhone XS on t-mobile, while my iPhone 8 plus on att got 18 down it looks like t-mobile hasn't made any effort to upgrade, but att has- sad. t-mobile and att has about the same coverage but the real difference is speed.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryland View Post
    No doubt, I wouldn't give a t-mobile line to a kid. Last night i was in a low income area and my highest on t-mobile was 3 Mbps, while my highest on att was 75 Mbps. 1 year ago i was in the same spot and got .8 Mbps on a family members brand new iPhone XS on t-mobile, while my iPhone 8 plus on att got 18 down it looks like t-mobile hasn't made any effort to upgrade, but att has- sad. t-mobile and att has about the same coverage but the real difference is speed.
    I'm actually in southern New Jersey and AT&t gives me the better reception and data speeds

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Sure, but when AT&T has 30-40 MHz of DL spectrum in lowband to T-Mobile’s 10-15 MHz, the quality of coverage will likely be much different.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Sure, but when AT&T has 30-40 MHz of DL spectrum in lowband to T-Mobile’s 10-15 MHz, the quality of coverage will likely be much different.

I completely agree with you. Because T-Mobile in my area of New Jersey which is Central Jersey lacks the capacity on the low band side. AT&t has plenty of lte spectrum deployed. And Central Jersey they have started 850 megahertz reforming of the 3-g band. T-Mobile is completely outclassed.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    As always... it totally depends on where you live. Assuming your phone has all the bands in use.

War is just a racket… it is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.
    Every war in history has been fought over control of resources (natural, monetary, or labor)

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corieallen View Post
    As always... it totally depends on where you live. Assuming your phone has all the bands in use.

Your phone can have all the bands in the world and it won't matter if the coverage isn't good enough because of lack of cells site density.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Your phone can have all the bands in the world and it won't matter if the coverage isn't good enough because of lack of cells site density.

Yeah that's why I'm thinking of switching to att. I just sim swapped with my buddy real quick so I know my phones unlocked. Would it be worth it I have four lines unlimited data tmobile 100 total. If I move to att I'm doing one line not four. I travel to NH twice a week. I'm from mass.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast