Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Visible (Wireless) Forum?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    While you're taking suggestions, I'd like to nominate Red Pocket for its own forum. At the time I write this there are seven topics with RP in the title on the first page of General Prepaid. It's a much more popular MVNO than, say, H2O, which has its own forum that is commonly dead for weeks at a time. There are RP topics all the time.

Device(s)
    Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Verizon prepaid monthly
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lIqCs3xa View Post
    While you're taking suggestions, I'd like to nominate Red Pocket for its own forum. At the time I write this there are seven topics with RP in the title on the first page of General Prepaid. It's a much more popular MVNO than, say, H2O, which has its own forum that is commonly dead for weeks at a time. There are RP topics all the time.
    I agree with this. Red Pocket Mobile is a major MVNO, and has a lot of problems. Having their own forum would help keeping all that info together.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Wow. All TF subsidiaries in one sub-forum? Yikes... Going to have to mull that one over.
    It's not like any of the Tracfone brand forums are all that popular, in fact the Tracfone/Net10 forum is really the only one that isn't virtually dormant. So I guess they could also just leave Tracfone on it's own & then combine all other Tracfone brands such as Straight Talk, Net10, Simple Mobile, Page Plus, etc.
    Combining them should result in more activity.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    So do I. I'll speak with the affected mods about this.
    That would be cool! Please keep us updated. Thank you.

Carrier(s)
    VZW Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by frail View Post
    So do I. I'll speak with the affected mods about this.
    If you're going to add a Visible forum, can it be done the way that several others are done now where it's a subforum within the Verizon Prepaid forum? I don't know if that would be possible but there's a lot of difference between VZWPP and Visible (Visible being LTE-only, limited BYOD for Visible, different billing systems, etc.) and I really see there being a lot of confusion should Visible be added without it getting its own home. I know it's a big ask since there really aren't many Visible threads, but I think it'll avoid confusion.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Altanis View Post
    If you're going to add a Visible forum, can it be done the way that several others are done now where it's a subforum within the Verizon Prepaid forum? I don't know if that would be possible but there's a lot of difference between VZWPP and Visible (Visible being LTE-only, limited BYOD for Visible, different billing systems, etc.) and I really see there being a lot of confusion should Visible be added without it getting its own home. I know it's a big ask since there really aren't many Visible threads, but I think it'll avoid confusion.
    I can't see why that would be required and it would likely only mean Visible content still getting posted in the wrong forum because not everyone would easily find the Visible subforum. I can't see how combining Verizon Prepaid & Visible into one forum would cause confusion. IMO anyone posting about Visible knows the difference between the two brands. I don't see any confusion in the Tracfone/Net10 forum. People know the difference. Don't over complicate it.

Feedback Score
    It appears to me that Visible users are already using Verizon prepaid as their sub-forum. With that both Visible and RP need a forum of their own.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Is there a forum for Visible? Reddit has one and it is quite busy/populated. If there isn’t one here, I’m surprised because it’s a rapidly growing company with issues and opinions.

I’ve been a customer since June 9 and my overall experience has been a solid 8/10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For whatever reason, Howard Forums doesn't create new prepaid sub-forums even when the provider has a significant subscriber base. For example, Consumer Cellular has about 3.5 million subscribers, but doesn't have its own forum. H20, Virgin, Airvoice, etc., have far smaller numbers of customers but have their own forums. Visible has a relatively small number of subscribers, but still more than Airvoice. Not sure what the reasons are for these decisions. Wish they would have Total Wireless sub-forum. But Reddit has forums for both Visible and Total Wireless. Reddit is kind of the replacement for Usenet, but with moderation to prevent it from being destroyed.

Feedback Score
    Reddit is impossible to navigate.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Exactly.

10char
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTnT recurring {12*26} $13.50otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that........

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianAngela View Post
    For whatever reason, Howard Forums doesn't create new prepaid sub-forums even when the provider has a significant subscriber base. For example, Consumer Cellular has about 3.5 million subscribers, but doesn't have its own forum. H20, Virgin, Airvoice, etc., have far smaller numbers of customers but have their own forums. Visible has a relatively small number of subscribers, but still more than Airvoice. Not sure what the reasons are for these decisions. Wish they would have Total Wireless sub-forum. But Reddit has forums for both Visible and Total Wireless. Reddit is kind of the replacement for Usenet, but with moderation to prevent it from being destroyed.
    I think there could be some value to this, as people have either avoided talking about Visible here (as opposed to Reddit) or threads have popped up all over the place (the long one on Cricket comes to mind). I'm all for not creating subforums for every single little service, but the current lineup feels very disproportionate to the actual user base, not to mention some brands have disappeared or might).

Alltel hasn't existed in years, yet it's still on the main list. Virgin Mobile is starting to migrate users to Boost, and who knows what will happen to it if the T-Mobile/Sprint merger goes through and Dish gets those assets. Would we even have a Dish subforum? Clearwire is done, yet it remains, too. Perhaps fold/archive some of these and put Visible in their place (considering it currently is Verizon's answer to Cricket/Metro/Boost)?

T-Mobile Prepaid doesn't have much activity, but it sticks around probably because it's a prepaid brand of the big four (I'm not advocating getting rid of it, but it's a low-volume forum). I'd guess that a Visible subforum would have more activity than that these days—between me creating the initial thread when the service was announced, there's a few others in the Verizon and Verizon Prepaid subforums, not to mention a few about partypay and the "worse signal, slower speeds" threads. That's quite a few that are somewhat active and pages in length.

Doing a search yields some duplication due to posts versus threads, but they're currently scattered across Verizon, Verizon Prepaid, General Prepaid, Cricket (!): https://www.howardforums.com/search....rchid=90406562.

Feedback Score
    I vote for EVERYTHING to be in ONE forum!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I vote for EVERYTHING to be in ONE forum!
    I agree with Boz1. Too many sub-forums will make it difficult to find information that might be relevant to all users.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast