Thread: Usage monitor app

Feedback Score

Usage monitor app

Ever since my first smartphone quite a number of years ago, I've been using a neat little app called "3D Watchdog" to monitor my mobile data usage. It was very flexible, showed which apps are using data, etc. Well, it hasn't been updated by the author for quite a while and after my phone was upgraded to Android 10 today, the app crashes and no longer works (Android warned about its compatibility).

AT&T doesn't seem to make an app that works with the Prepaid plan and I can't seem to find anything that does what 3G Watchdog used to reliably do. Anyone have any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rochrunner View Post
    Ever since my first smartphone quite a number of years ago, I've been using a neat little app called "3D Watchdog" to monitor my mobile data usage. It was very flexible, showed which apps are using data, etc. Well, it hasn't been updated by the author for quite a while and after my phone was upgraded to Android 10 today, the app crashes and no longer works (Android warned about its compatibility).

AT&T doesn't seem to make an app that works with the Prepaid plan and I can't seem to find anything that does what 3G Watchdog used to reliably do. Anyone have any suggestions?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ia.android.mdm
    or
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oday.datausage

Both have worked fine for me.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rochrunner View Post

Your post got me thinking because I've been using 3G Watchdog on my phone's since 2011. I started using it when I was on Straight Talk with a E71 SIM swap to an Android phone. Back then there was no other way to monitor your data. Anyway after reading your post I started thinking that I don't even know why I use it anymore. I usually just log into AT&T prepaid on my phone's browser to check my data usage. You don't even need an app, just log in on your favorite Android browser & save you sign on info, then just add the page to your home screen for easy & quick access.