Thread: Best reception phone for sprint.

Feedback Score

Best reception phone for sprint.

Hi guys and gals. I was wondering which phone that sprint has out which has the strongest reception. I’m in an area with sketchy service and I know certain phones pull the signal in better than others. Does anyone know which sprint phones pull in the signal better than others? Basically which sprint phone has the best reception of them all? Thank you so much guys. You are the best. Looking forward to hearing responses.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    From my experience the iPhones or Samsung Galaxy devices work best for areas with reception issues.

Sent from my SM-G965U using HoFo mobile app
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    I appreciate the response. For some reason my xs max has worse reception with sprint than other phones I have seen work. For me apple has terrible reception. I never tried Samsung but I’m sure that pulls the signal in better. Is their any phone in particular that simply blows away the competition when it comes to having a great signal in poor sprint service areas? Thanks so much

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    If you want stellar Wi-Fi & cellular reception on the cheap, the Moto E4plus is a decent choice. It passed my 3rd floor underground parking garage torture test with flying colors. It maintained both 3g & 4g calls even in the garage elevator.

It is a 2 year old phone, but open box ones are still available for under $100.00 on E-bay. The cons to the phone are;

-16 gb storage, but SD card works fine for me
    -Average 3g call quality-not the best or worst-much better if using VoLTE

Feedback Score
    I am not an expert on this subject. But from what I have read around the Internet, if this is truly an issue for you then what you should be looking for is a signal booster. There are systems designed for buildings/homes and systems that can be mounted in vehicles.

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Honestly, the Sonim XP8 in my experience gets the best reception out of any phone I have used on Sprint (iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL, Samsung GS8, HTC 10, Moto Z2 Force)..

I will try and do some signal comparisons this evening or tomorrow as I am in a very fringe area for Sprint so phones will barely hold on to LTE, often falling to 1x.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the info and looking forward to hearing your report back. I would assume the sonim is the best but from your experience if an iphone has 1 barely usable bar then what would a comparable sprint galaxy note 10 or high end Motorola phone have in terms of reception? Thank you so much

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Breaking Good View Post
    I am not an expert on this subject. But from what I have read around the Internet, if this is truly an issue for you then what you should be looking for is a signal booster. There are systems designed for buildings/homes and systems that can be mounted in vehicles.
    Signal boosters really only work well in a stationary position and don't travel with the user and their phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bhp252 View Post
    I appreciate the response. For some reason my xs max has worse reception with sprint than other phones I have seen work. For me apple has terrible reception. I never tried Samsung but I’m sure that pulls the signal in better. Is their any phone in particular that simply blows away the competition when it comes to having a great signal in poor sprint service areas? Thanks so much
    In my experience, Intel modem iPhones have noticeably inferior reception. That may be your issue. Try an iPhone 7.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vvk View Post
    In my experience, Intel modem iPhones have noticeably inferior reception. That may be your issue. Try an iPhone 7.
    FYI...No Sprint VoLTE on the iPhone 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    FYI...No Sprint VoLTE on the iPhone 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even better, if you want good reception.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The AT&T and T-Mobile version of the iPhone 7 has an Intel processor. You need A1660 or A1661 to have the Qualcomm processor on that phone.