Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Illinois’ Kwame Raoul becomes 17th state AG to join lawsuit against Merger

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    472
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Illinois’ Kwame Raoul becomes 17th state AG to join lawsuit against Merger

    https://www.tmonews.com/2019/09/illi...sprint-merger/

    https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/ag-j...t-mobilesprint

    Let’s just be honest here the trial is set for December 9th. So far as of Today 9/3 there are 17 State Attorney Generals that have joined this lawsuit to try and block the Sprint-T-Mobile Merger. I wouldn’t be surprised if come December, all 26 of the Democrats state Attorney General haven’t joined in on this lawsuit. 16 of the 17 AG in lawsuit are Democrat

    New York State Attorney General Letitia James, one of the leaders of the lawsuit, welcomed Attorney General Raoul’s decision to join the multistate lawsuit. “With Illinois’ addition to our lawsuit, more than half the U.S. population is now represented by states that are suing to block the anticompetitive megamerger of T-Mobile and Sprint,” said Attorney General James. “We welcome Attorney General Raoul to our growing coalition that now includes 17 attorneys general, all who have opposed this merger because it remains bad for consumers, bad for workers, and bad for innovation.”
    Last edited by trees12; 09-04-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    Manners cost nothing, and also have the added benefit of making a man. You know, it is entirely possible to rise above others, without stooping to pushing them under, and putting them down.
    My Sister is a supervisor at T-Mobile's Salem Oregon Call center. Loyal T-Mobile customer of 15 Years.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,388
    Feedback Score
    0
    I though there was rule about not bringing up politics? Get off your anti-Dem garbage, trees12. We get it you hate Dems. Quit repeating yourself. You are going to convince ZERO people to believe like you if they don't already, so why bother other than to be a troll? Because trolling would be the ONLY reason to do it. And the funny thing is I am for the merger and against what these guys are doing.

    This is you ranting on Dems like they peed in your Cheerios before running over your dog.

    Name:  deadhorse.gif
Views: 206
Size:  558.4 KB

    This is me reading you post the same political garbage yet AGAIN

    Name:  496.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  25.2 KB Name:  Yawning.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  19.1 KB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,264
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    I though there was rule about not bringing up politics? Get off your anti-Dem garbage, trees12. We get it you hate Dems. Quit repeating yourself. You are going to convince ZERO people to believe like you if they don't already, so why bother other than to be a troll? Because trolling would be the ONLY reason to do it. And the funny thing is I am for the merger and against what these guys are doing.

    This is you ranting on Dems like they peed in your Cheerios before running over your dog....
    Name:  deadhorse.gif
Views: 206
Size:  558.4 KB....
    This post is awesome
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    184
    Feedback Score
    0
    You know guys, there this awesome thing called a report button. You should try it instead of lowering yourself to another poster's level.

    Whatever, what do I know?

    On topic; I cant wait til the December 9th date to see what kind of hilarity they will spin to counter the merger. They came out with no solid evidence against the merger to this day except the generic "Muh jobs, muh competition, muh anti consumer" with zero weight to back it up.

    If they think they can bully Tmobile and Sprint in dissolving the merger because "Look how many states are against this merger, stop at once because we said so" then this surely going to be a fun case to watch.

    This is going to be hilarious.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,388
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    On topic; I cant wait til the December 9th date to see what kind of hilarity they will spin to counter the merger. They came out with no solid evidence against the merger to this day except the generic "Muh jobs, muh competition, muh anti consumer" with zero weight to back it up.

    If they think they can bully Tmobile and Sprint in dissolving the merger because "Look how many states are against this merger, stop at once because we said so" then this surely going to be a fun case to watch.

    This is going to be hilarious.
    It's not a fun case because it's wasting time. T-Mobile has slowed down 5G rollout because of this. I almost wish the merger would be denied so when my predictions are proven correct and these morons will have egg on their face when their "We need 4 carriers" theory blows up in their face. when the merger is denied and Sprint announces layoffs I hope someone asks them "Remember when you said the merger would cost jobs but denying the merger would save jobs?" and when Sprint announces new plans with higher prices and less features I hope they ask "Remember when you said the merger would increase prices and denying it would lower prices?"

    Softbank only bought Sprint because they though they could merge with T-Mobile. Once that dream is dead for good they will not stick another penny into it. And no one else is dumb enough to buy Sprint and all it's debt and all the money it would cost to fix Sprint. If Sprint continues to exist at all they'll focus and the top 30-50 markets sell/lease assets off anywhere else. Sprint has PCS licenses in my area and offers no service meanwhile t-mobile is severely lacking in PCS spectrum in my area but actually provides service. Seems like a good match. Call me silly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Posts
    29,577
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Good! Power to the people, not the corporations
    There's no either-or. Corporations are voluntary organizations of people.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    184
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    It's not a fun case because it's wasting time. T-Mobile has slowed down 5G rollout because of this. I almost wish the merger would be denied so when my predictions are proven correct and these morons will have egg on their face when their "We need 4 carriers" theory blows up in their face. when the merger is denied and Sprint announces layoffs I hope someone asks them "Remember when you said the merger would cost jobs but denying the merger would save jobs?" and when Sprint announces new plans with higher prices and less features I hope they ask "Remember when you said the merger would increase prices and denying it would lower prices?"

    Softbank only bought Sprint because they though they could merge with T-Mobile. Once that dream is dead for good they will not stick another penny into it. And no one else is dumb enough to buy Sprint and all it's debt and all the money it would cost to fix Sprint. If Sprint continues to exist at all they'll focus and the top 30-50 markets sell/lease assets off anywhere else. Sprint has PCS licenses in my area and offers no service meanwhile t-mobile is severely lacking in PCS spectrum in my area but actually provides service. Seems like a good match. Call me silly.
    Silly is what anti merger people will call you. Yes, its a shame that its holding up progress but let Tmobile send a message to these bullies that they will not be pushed around.

    While it would be satisfying watching sprint dying a slow death and all of these anti merger people getting a dish served cold, it does not solve anything because the duopoly participants would buy everything worth buying and Tmobile would be stuck at square one.

    Let the due process do its work. These AGs are bullies that need to be put in their place.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post

    While it would be satisfying watching sprint dying a slow death and all of these anti merger people getting a dish served cold, it does not solve anything because the duopoly participants would buy everything worth buying and Tmobile would be stuck at square one.

    Let the due process do its work. These AGs are bullies that need to be put in their place.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    ...Sprint has PCS licenses in my area and offers no service meanwhile t-mobile is severely lacking in PCS spectrum in my area but actually provides service. Seems like a good match. Call me silly.
    Yet another illustration about how, in general, Sprint has failed to provide competition, and the Sprint resources will make TMO much more competitive: and therefore, it's a pro-competitive merger.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,388
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Good! Power to the people, not the corporations
    If you honestly think that without this merger that Sprint will magically turns things around despite any evidence to the contrary you are very naďve. But please enlighten me how Sprint will suddenly do something it hasn't done in over a decade?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3,105
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If you honestly think that without this merger that Sprint will magically turns things around despite any evidence to the contrary you are very naďve. But please enlighten me how Sprint will suddenly do something it hasn't done in over a decade?
    Sounds a lot like Detroit Lions fan "I think they will turn it around this year" "They are rebuilding" etc etc etc.

    Like with Sprint, there are a few diehards who see the Lions as a Superbowl/playoff contender.

    Bless their hearts.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    14,618
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    Good! Power to the people, not the corporations
    What people? The politicians who are in the back pocket of those with vested interests? Is that the people you want to send the power to?

    The facts are that T-Mobile plans to use a lot of Sprint's unused spectrum and resources to benefit customers of both companies. But why would those who oppose the merger care about those customers getting a better network to use?

    Let's be honest, you're just afraid that Legere will challenge your beloved AT&T and that's something that you just can't stand. Power to the politicians you say....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Redondo Beach, California
    Posts
    472
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus 64GB and iPhone 11 PRO Max 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    What people? The politicians who are in the back pocket of those with vested interests? Is that the people you want to send the power to?

    The facts are that T-Mobile plans to use a lot of Sprint's unused spectrum and resources to benefit customers of both companies. But why would those who oppose the merger care about those customers getting a better network to use?

    Let's be honest, you're just afraid that Legere will challenge your beloved AT&T and that's something that you just can't stand. Power to the politicians you say....
    Those with the vested interest are the politicians in the bed with the CWA and they are fighting against this merger. Those Politicians are the you know who.

    I love how a fan of mine has come out to one of my threads it’s a sight to be seen.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,264
    Feedback Score
    0
    IF this goes through within 5 years, millions will be crying for the carrier & MVNO prices of today.

    Quote me on this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-21-2005, 10:52 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-08-2004, 08:16 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-13-2003, 05:35 PM
  4. Is anyone in any state able to use Mobile Email
    By Magnum IP in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-29-2003, 12:11 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 12:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks