Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is there any way to find a map or list of band 71 coverage?

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Probably not that many people on Tmobile in general on that route. Few using cellmapper, fewer with B71 devices. I noticed B71 in the UP of MI and mapped in June. Prior it was B12 listing. Similarly coverage near Telluride
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    This applies to Verizon in other areas which even more impossible to believe.

No Verizon coverage form north of Paris TN to just north of Murray KY. Which I know to be 100% NOT true. And even in areas where they show coverage they do not show all the bands available.

Showing no T-Mobile coverage in large parts of West TN going east to west from Waverly to Dyersburg and going north to south from Interstate 40 to about 5 miles or so into KY. Not only do these areas have coverage they have band 71.
    Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    https://maps.t-mobile.com/pcc.html?map=mvno-roamd-34l

i used this map and checked to see if I had "LTE 600" (band 71) in my area... Which sadly I don't have so do to where my tower is located all I can get is 3G T-Mobile signal here at the house

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Edge, LG V10, Iphone 6S plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE
    Feedback Score
    I live about thirty miles south of Atlanta. A crew has been swapping panels on the site by my house this week and now band 71 is live from it.

Sent from my SM-T597V using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Jack Hagar's right, in my area all carriers have large unmapped areas. Us cellular and vzw dominate coverage wise with close to blanket coverage (so they don't bother to run mapping apps). Sprint and former iwireless catered mainly to urban users might be running mapping apps but don't drive into the sticks. So even some state highways have no mapping on these apps.

If you look up the 600mhz transition plan you can see at least where there *won't* be band 71 for a while. In my area, two channels (in quad cities) are not being moved until mid 2020 so definitely no band 71 until then.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    ......If you look up the 600mhz transition plan you can see at least where there *won't* be band 71 for a while. In my area, two channels (in quad cities) are not being moved until mid 2020 so definitely no band 71 until then.....
    You need to be careful about which TV channel are in use. Some, like channel 44, don't matter much while others, like 40 or 48, are pretty much the kiss of death.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6T
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Doesn't do me any good though. It ridiculous that for dozens of miles in ANY direction cell mapper showing ZERO coverage at all and I know for a fact there is. it's one thing to underestimate coverage it's another to be totally off.
    Please join us and start mapping. I map a few days a week, usually. CellMapper shows actual reports and NOT predictions. It won't show what no one has mapped.

Speaking of which I still don't see any 5G mapping for TMo yet. And the updates are lagging. My coverage updates from a week ago still aren't up.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_73 View Post
    Please join us and start mapping. I map a few days a week, usually. CellMapper shows actual reports and NOT predictions. It won't show what no one has mapped.

Speaking of which I still don't see any 5G mapping for TMo yet. And the updates are lagging. My coverage updates from a week ago still aren't up.
    It helps to get off the Interstates and travel some unmapped back roads. Remapping the same Interstates over and over doesn't help. I'm still waiting for the sample spots to show up from a trip I took a week ago.

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    You need to be careful about which TV channel are in use. Some, like channel 44, don't matter much while others, like 40 or 48, are pretty much the kiss of death.
    I did not know that. I guess it makes sense since they can turn on 5mhz at a time and there (for 8 channels) 48mhz of channels being cleared out.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I did not know that. I guess it makes sense since they can turn on 5mhz at a time and there (for 8 channels) 48mhz of channels being cleared out.
    Actually, it's 14 channels (38-51), about 6 uplink and 6 downlink with some left over as buffers, which will be used for wireless microphones and other low-power devices. A TV station blocking either the up or down-link sides will prevent wireless deployment.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256gig (me), iPhone 7 32gig (wife)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_73 View Post
    Please join us and start mapping. I map a few days a week, usually.
    Are there apps for iOS?

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbynum View Post
    Are there apps for iOS?
    iOS does not give the application programmer access to signal information. Apps can measure speed but that's about it. This is why all network mapping apps are written for Android.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256gig (me), iPhone 7 32gig (wife)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, just wondered if it changed since iOS 11. 12 broke one feature I used, supposedly 13 fixes it, but my trials show not.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    It helps to get off the Interstates and travel some unmapped back roads. Remapping the same Interstates over and over doesn't help. I'm still waiting for the sample spots to show up from a trip I took a week ago.
    From my trips this summer as well as local B71 mapping, I can state that it can take ~2 weeks for some towers + sites to show up, as well as the actual mapped coverage.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbynum View Post
    Are there apps for iOS?
    Not sure if Sensorly still updates. Opensignal may do mapping as well. They don't however, specify by band.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast