Thread: Rogers = Incompetence to the EXTREME

Device(s)
    Samsung A50
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers in NA - ALDI Talk in EU - Telstra or Vodafone in Oz
    Feedback Score

Rogers = Incompetence to the EXTREME

First of all, calling 1-800-575-9090 to contact Rogers Pay-Go is useless since there is nobody there I can talk to.

Well today will be my 3rd time calling Rogers about my mobile service. These people are effing INCOMPETENT. First of all, speak English and not like someone who learned the language last week. If you cannot speak English, take the next boat back to where you came from.

I am on the UNLIMITED EVENINGS & WEEKENDS + CANADIAN TEXTING PLAN....since August 20th, 2019.

So since the 20th of this month, maybe the idiots at Rogers can tell me why I am being charged for every incoming and outgoing TEXT message...50 of them at 30 cents a message. Yup, lost $15 so far which I will get back...or else!

Simply amazing.
    I don't yap/text and drive,
    Alex

2019 to present: Samsung A50
    2014 to 2019: Samsung ATIV-S
    2005 to 2014: Nokia 6100
    2001 to 2005: Motorola T120

Feedback Score
    From US so idk.
    Can't you walk into a Rogers store & sort this?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Remember that most prepaid customer service is outsourced to foreign call centers. This is not unusual nor is it new.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.
    Last edited by veriztd; 08-31-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Samsung A50
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    From US so idk.
    Can't you walk into a Rogers store & sort this?
    You can't even call the Pay-Go 800 number. All it does is take you through "push that button". You cannot even talk to anyone.

I call Rogers and they put me through to a live person...what a concept.

Can't wait to get back to Oz where I get value and service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Traveller View Post
    You can't even call the Pay-Go 800 number. All it does is take you through "push that button". You cannot even talk to anyone.

I call Rogers and they put me through to a live person...what a concept.

Can't wait to get back to Oz where I get value and service.
    Hey hey I think you're being a bit hard on them... After all everyone in Canada get's a participation award

So long as they tried, completely botched the english language and didn't fix a thing ... Here you go!

Device(s)
    Samsung A50
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    After 3 phone calls since I switched my plan on the 20th August, I finally got it sorted out...I think. No charges for my texts and all I need to do is make a call to make sure I do not get charged.

I got my $16 back as well.

I had lunch with ex-coworkers of mine. Same story from Bell and others. It seems all Telcos in Canada are out to lunch.

Feedback Score
    After 3 phone calls since I switched my plan on the 20th August, I finally got it sorted out...I think. No charges for my texts and all I need to do is make a call to make sure I do not get charged.

I got my $16 back as well.

I had lunch with ex-coworkers of mine. Same story from Bell and others. It seems all Telcos in Canada are out to lunch.
    What does it matter? They have a monopoly on the telco industry. They could literally provide the *worst* service and people still have no choice but to buy from them. This is Canada after all.

Device(s)
    Samsung A50
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    What does it matter? They have a monopoly on the telco industry. They could literally provide the *worst* service and people still have no choice but to buy from them. This is Canada after all.
    Exactly, and why? Because we have a bunch of self serving people running things like the CRTC (what a waste of my tax dollars as anything government supplied is). And the other problem are the brain-dead citizens who never question anything.

Just look at the clowns we have running for PM. Too bad none of them are really worth voting for.

Feedback Score
    Exactly, and why? Because we have a bunch of self serving people running things like the CRTC (what a waste of my tax dollars as anything government supplied is). And the other problem are the brain-dead citizens who never question anything.

Just look at the clowns we have running for PM. Too bad none of them are really worth voting for.
    Ah my billion dollar gas plant and wiped hard drives... I've found it best to just shut up and eat the dog * until you can afford to leave this country. Your children will still be paying for that gas plant long after you and are are 6ft under.

Back on topic, I've had a similar experience with Virgin. Although no technical issues it's really annoying to struggle to communicate with someone over a voip connection in the Philippines with 2 seconds of lag and they barely speak english.

Name:  cpt503-the-canadian-press.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  83.3 KB

Device(s)
    Samsung A50
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    Back on topic, I've had a similar experience with Virgin. Although no technical issues it's really annoying to struggle to communicate with someone over a voip connection in the Philippines with 2 seconds of lag and they barely speak english.
    Why do they even allow that. If it is OK for a Canadian company to have someone off-shore serve you, then it should be OK for them to work here as an illegal. We all know that would never fly.

BTW, from what In read a few years ago, we have the right to speak to someone in Canada for customer service. All you need to do is advise them of that. I believe that was a government or CRTC ruling.