Thread: Need help with carrier phone

Feedback Score

Need help with carrier phone

First post and I am in need of serious help here.

I have been suffering with Sprint for the past 2 years. I am always in ROAM, never receive voicemails, text, calls etc until I hit a tower. Their response is to use WiFi voice, which I just found out quit working.

I just paid off 3 leased phones - Note 8, iPhone 7 and iPhone 8. All were leased/purchased through Sprint
    I entered my IMEI number at several MVNO sites and they come back as acceptable devices to port in.

SO.. I signed up for Total Wireless Verizon, received the SIMs and then spent 3 hours on the phone getting the Note 8 to work. I called back the next day to get the other 2 phones activated. AFTER another 8 hours on the phone with them I found out that my Note was added manually and when the servers recycled I would lose connectivity and my phone would not work and so they refused to port my other 2 phones. I cancelled service I did the same with TW parent company.

Question - Where can I take these 3 phones and use them on a Verizon Wireless provider? I can not afford to go through Verizon. I would hate to have paid 3k for these 3 phones to find out that they are now useless because I can not use sprint. I had VZ for 15 years with no issues and have VZ service here, but no Tmobile, Sprint, ATT

HELP PLEASE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinz51 View Post

I have been suffering with Sprint for the past 2 years. I am always in ROAM, never receive voicemails, text, calls etc until I hit a tower. Their response is to use WiFi voice, which I just found out quit working.

I just paid off 3 leased phones - Note 8, iPhone 7 and iPhone 8. All were leased/purchased through Sprint
    I entered my IMEI number at several MVNO sites and they come back as acceptable devices to port in.

SO.. I signed up for Total Wireless Verizon, received the SIMs and then spent 3 hours on the phone getting the Note 8 to work. I called back the next day to get the other 2 phones activated. AFTER another 8 hours on the phone with them I found out that my Note was added manually and when the servers recycled I would lose connectivity and my phone would not work and so they refused to port my other 2 phones. I cancelled service I did the same with TW parent company.

Question - Where can I take these 3 phones and use them on a Verizon Wireless provider? I can not afford to go through Verizon. I would hate to have paid 3k for these 3 phones to find out that they are now useless because I can not use sprint. I had VZ for 15 years with no issues and have VZ service here, but no Tmobile, Sprint, ATT

HELP PLEASE
    Have you considered Pageplus?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I have no direct experience with your particular phones, but I'm surprised that there was a problem with any of those phones on TW.

As far as TW refusing to port in your iPhones, I've never heard of anything like that before.

TW is one of the biggest Vzw MVNOs, and is part of the TF family, which as a group is the largest MVNO in the US. Is there any more information or details that you can provide about what happened with TW?

As far as other Vzw MVNO recommendations, you'll need to describe the minute, text, and data usage for each line to get the best answers.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score

HELP PLEASE
    If you bought the phones from Sprint they were originally locked to Sprint. You need to have Sprint unlock them before they will work with on networks.

Also Verizon, and by extension Verizon MVNOs, will only accept phones that they have whitelisted. If your phones passed the Total Wireless IMEI checker they should mean they are whitelisted, assuming the checker isn't broken. The fact that the Note 8 worked initially and was later kicked off the network suggests that either it isn't Verizon whitelisted or that Sprint has flagged the phone as lost, stolen or not fully paid for. If the phones are fully paid for you need to get Sprint to remove the block.

Also you try activating with a Verizon MVNO with good customer support like Boom or Selectel who could probably tell you what the issue actually is.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Feedback Score
    I have not tried Page Plus, but did have a conversation with Pix. They told me that the phones would not work their on VZ network

TW - when they manually added my phone on the 2 hour call, I could hear the rep going back and forth to a manager getting override codes. My Note 8 worked great after that call, had full LTE, Verizon networks listed, calls, texts, and internet all worked. When I called the next day to add the 2 iPhones, after 8 hours was told they would not add them and were unwilling to continue with the monthly manual process. I called tracfone, had the same answer

I tried my IMEI prior to paying off the phones on different carriers and all read that it was carrier locked. Once I paid them off, they were showing OK on all the checkers and the phones show as unlocked now.

I even just checked the IMEI on Verizon Wireless and the response was "the device SHOULD work" the word SHOULD makes me pause though.

Any ideas? IMEI's check as cleared, however the MVNO's TW, Tracfone and Pix all say the same - they will not work on VZ network.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I have not tried Page Plus, but did have a conversation with Pix. They told me that the phones would not work their on VZ network

TW - when they manually added my phone on the 2 hour call, I could hear the rep going back and forth to a manager getting override codes. My Note 8 worked great after that call, had full LTE, Verizon networks listed, calls, texts, and internet all worked. When I called the next day to add the 2 iPhones, after 8 hours was told they would not add them and were unwilling to continue with the monthly manual process. I called tracfone, had the same answer

I tried my IMEI prior to paying off the phones on different carriers and all read that it was carrier locked. Once I paid them off, they were showing OK on all the checkers and the phones show as unlocked now.

I even just checked the IMEI on Verizon Wireless and the response was "the device SHOULD work" the word SHOULD makes me pause though.

Any ideas? IMEI's check as cleared, however the MVNO's TW, Tracfone and Pix all say the same - they will not work on VZ network.
    PPC is owned by TF now, so it would probably end with the same result.

You could try Yeswap's suggestion and try those phones on boom! Red or Selectel Wireless. Or try one phone on each to see if either is successful.

boom.us
    selectelwireless.com

Feedback Score
    ok, will do thanks yall

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    IMEI checkers do not tell you if a phone is SIM unlocked. They only tell you that a phone can operate on a carrier PROVIDING that it is SIM unlocked (or from that same carrier). If the phones were bought from Sprint, they need to unlock them.

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    My experience is that Verizon will activate most modern Sprint phones, which should cover these devices. But they must be unlocked, as noted above. The quickest way to check the iPhones is to connect to Wi-Fi and insert the TW SIM card. If the phone displays a message saying SIM NOT SUPPORTED, they aren’t unlocked and you need to contact Sprint. Typically the process of getting the unlock to Apples servers takes 24-48 hours, after which the next time you insert a non-Sprint SIM the phone will no longer display this message.

Your iPhones are hardware identical to the comparable Verizon models and once you get past the SIM not supported unlock message, you should be good to go. If the IMEI checker passes, then your phones are ready for direct activation. The iPhones automatically download the carrier profile for your new carrier which then makes them software identical to the Verizon-equivalent models.

The Note also has to be unlocked and I think should also work but I don’t remember if the Note 8 from Sprint requires any manual setting tweaks to work on Verizon.
    Last edited by high technology; 08-29-2019 at 11:19 PM.