Thread: New T-Mo will have “mix of talent from both companies”?!

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

New T-Mo will have “mix of talent from both companies”?!

I coughed reading this.

“During a recent Sprint Corp. town hall, CEO Michel Combes said plans for the executive management of new T-Mobile US Inc. are "nearly done" and would represent a "well balanced" mix of talent from both companies.”

“Talent” from Sprint?! I can’t think of anything they’ve done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by p6B5Nm5b View Post
    I can’t think of anything they’ve done right.
    Well, they, along with USCC, haven't declared a definite date for shutting down 2G CDMA service?

It doesn't sound like much, but I wish Verizon would keep at least a small portion of their 2G CDMA spectrum online indefinitely up here in rural Northern California, because CDMA still has better coverage here than everything else (I imagine a similar argument took place 12 years ago when analog service was being shut down).

It can't do much data-wise, but it's more than enough for phone calls and text messages, and there's not a huge demand for super fast here anyway; for me in particular, good, reliable coverage is more important than speed, and LTE, when available, is neither reliable nor fast outside of town (outside of one or two "sweet spots"), with data so slow it's almost useless and almost constantly dropping calls, if they get through in the first place. If they do shutdown CDMA as scheduled, they better get their LTE up to snuff soon or they may lose a customer! (AT&T, for what it's worth, has okay LTE and decent 3G coverage here).

c

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    I doubt that the CDMA support will be available to people on legacy T-Mobile accounts, even if they have a compatible phone
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I don't see T-Mobile keeping Sprint's CDMA operating any longer than is necessary to give current Sprint customers to fair chance to replace their non-VoLTE handsets with newer ones.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cc333 View Post
    It doesn't sound like much, but I wish Verizon would keep at least a small portion of their 2G CDMA spectrum online indefinitely up here in rural Northern California, because CDMA still has better coverage here than everything else (I imagine a similar argument took place 12 years ago when analog service was being shut down).
    I was actually living on the Lost Coast in Humboldt County, CA when the analog shutdown was taking place back in early 2008. I was using Page Plus at the time with some tri-band LG flip phone that had both digital and analog service. Once Verizon shut down Analog, I went from having service around half of the Lost Coast to only one or two spots on some hills. It was frustrating.

Device(s)
    S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I was was with MetroPCS with their CDMA before T-Mobile acquired them. T-Mobile moved people over to their GSM/LTE network by area and when most people were moved they gave everyone left a offer for replacing Their phone on the T-Mobile Network. They set a deadline and then turned off MetroPCS CDMA network.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cc333 View Post
    Well, they, along with USCC, haven't declared a definite date for shutting down 2G CDMA service?

It can't do much data-wise, but it's more than enough for phone calls and text messages, and there's not a huge demand for super fast here anyway; for me in particular, good, reliable coverage is more important than speed, and LTE, when available, is neither reliable nor fast outside of town (outside of one or two "sweet spots"), with data so slow it's almost useless and almost constantly dropping calls, if they get through in the first place. If they do shutdown CDMA as scheduled, they better get their LTE up to snuff soon or they may lose a customer! (AT&T, for what it's worth, has okay LTE and decent 3G coverage here).

c
    Does Sprint have any legacy CDMA cell sites/coverage of their own along any of those rural NorCal highways that T-Mobile could immediately benefit from?
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017