Thread: my 4G does not work

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score

my 4G does not work

The boyfriend and I are both on ATT prepaid unlimited plan ($65) and while in a congested area the other day our data was creeping. He turned off his LTE and noted that the 4G connection was actually faster so I was like hey good idea, and went into my own settings and turned off LTE. Only problem is apparently my data connection doesn't work at all when not on LTE?? When I open safari it gives the "Could not activate cellular data network" message. I get zero data on 4G. I tried err thang... reset network settings, made sure my phone's IMEI was up to date on my account, swapped my sim card into another iPhone, 4G didn't work on it either. It's not THAT big of a deal since LTE is pretty much everywhere but still I'd like it to work when/if I need it to. Any ideas? My phone is iPhone Xs sim free model from Apple.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    This happens to me on postpaid. Not sure why..

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    This happens to me on postpaid. Not sure why..

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    That's weird! I called ATT about it today. I was told to turn my phone off while they reset some settings on their end, and she would call me back within 5-10 minutes on my alternate number. After about 30 minutes of never hearing back and having to leave for work, I turned my phone back on. Nothing has changed

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I bought a prepaid phone as new line from Walmart for the 25GB promo and have been fighting with it not working right since activating. I see signal bars but no carrier logo or data connection most of the time at work, around home and in much of my area... but while out and about I do get a 4G LTE connection.

For the last day or so I’m suspecting it’s only working on LTE, but don’t have any idea why. Made a few calls into support with no help.

If the Walmart promo ever gets applied in a few days I will probably swap the sim into my Xr and see how it acts.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I believe it has something to do with the apn settings. So I did some testing with all 12 of the AT&T carrier profiles from unlockit.co.nz and this is what I found - With these I get 4G data access but no LTE: AT&T, AT&T Blackberry, AT&T PAYG, AT&T wap.cingular. And with these I get LTE access but no 4G connectivity: AT&T i2gold, AT&T LTE. With the other 6 profiles I didn't get 4G nor LTE. So yeah.. not sure what the deal is