Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Legacy PAYGO future refill time of day deadline

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Sam's Club Online has the $10 Tmo refill pin, email delivery, for $9.65. No tax. I've used it twice. Of course you have to be a member.

Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I went on pinzoo.com today, intending to buy a $10 T-Mo PIN to apply on Oct. 1 this coming week. I had been buying my Page Plus refills there and thought I would do one for T-Mo if they were available with no extra costs.

Well, no extra costs, but slightly unfortunately, in following through with the order, it didn't become apparent that this was an "instant add" type of transaction. I was suspicious when I was asked for the account's phone number, but I've seen that on other websites but still get the choice to get a manual-add PIN or have them add it. But it was added immediately by them with no clear indication that was the deal to allow for a back-out move. So buyer beware.

Examining the Pinzoo website more closely, apparently from the first page you have to choose between carriers they offer with a "top-up" (mandatory instant-add) method versus "PIN-code" delivery to you (for you to manually add when you like). T-Mobile is an instant-add only deal; Page Plus Cellular looks like it's PIN delivery to you only (which I prefer).

So you live and learn. With this T-Mobile account/service at this point, losing a bit less than a week in the course of a year is no big deal. But I always take points off a vendor for poor communications on their website.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by andyk88 View Post
    $10 refill cards have always added 364 days for me. Because 364 % 7 = 0, the expiration weekday will be the same.

Because there is an extra day in February 2020, after I refilled on 7/13/19, my expiration date became 7/11/20. But both are Saturdays.

The website now shows Jul 12, 2020 (instead of 7/11/20 11 p.m. [Mountain]).

So I think you want to refill before, not on, the date shown on the new website.
    I just received an e-mail with subject "Welcome to the new My T-Mobile".

The old (was new) website simply showed a date (there are screenshots on the first page of this thread).
    [Well, I still have an account on the old (was new) website, and it now shows "use By Date" in front of the date. I suppose it means need to use before the date?]

The new new website shows "Balance Expiration" in front of the same date as the old (was new) website. So I think it's now more clear that you want to refill before, not on, the date shown on the new new website.

[Even more confusion: Wikipedia says "An expiration date or expiry date is a previously determined date after which something should no longer be used". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expiration_date
    Webster is similar.
    But maybe T-Mobile intends "Balance Expiration" to mean balance will expire on the date?]

For another phone: I put $10 on a $10-$150 ("Use for all T-Mobile Prepaid Plans") card from a Kroger store during their 4x fuel points GC sale. The cost was $10.14 due to local tax.

The PIN was 9 digits. The website was not working right to actually add the $10 balance. I had to call 611 to add the $10 balance.

The new website previously showed Dec 20, 2019 (the old website showed 12/19/2019 after I refilled on 12/20/2018, so the old website only added 364 days). Today is 12/19/2019. After adding the $10 balance the website showed Dec 18, 2020.

So the new website correctly added 365 days to today 12/19/2019.

My guess is that the date shown on the new website is now the last day to add balance, but I plan to add another $10 on 12/17/2020 (another Thursday).
    I am sorry I was wrong above. I should have ignored the date of refill. The (balance expiration) date was Dec 20, 2019, and the refill still only added 364 days for a new (balance expiration) date of Dec 18, 2020.

Again, I think you want to refill before, not on, the date shown on the new new website.
    Last edited by andyk88; 08-26-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Feedback Score
    I just received an e-mail with subject "Welcome to the new My T-Mobile".

The old (was new) website simply showed a date (there are screenshots on the first page of this thread).
    [Well, I still have an account on the old (was new) website, and it now shows "use By Date" in front of the date. I suppose it means need to use before the date?]

The new new website shows "Balance Expiration" in front of the same date as the old (was new) website. So I think it's now more clear that you want to refill before, not on, the date shown on the new new website.

[Even more confusion: Wikipedia says "An expiration date or expiry date is a previously determined date after which something should no longer be used". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expiration_date
    Webster is similar.
    But maybe T-Mobile intends "Balance Expiration" to mean balance will expire on the date?]

I am sorry I was wrong above. I should have ignored the date of refill. The (balance expiration) date was Dec 20, 2019, and the refill still only added 364 days for a new (balance expiration) date of Dec 18, 2020.

Again, I think you want to refill before, not on, the date shown on the new new website.
    Sorry, I wish I could go back and edit the post on 8/26 because I was wrong. I was right on 12/19/2019.

On 8/26, I was wrong about ignoring the date of refill. Instead, a refill adds 1 year to the date of refill, not to the old expiration date.

So, the current "use By Date" or "Balance Expiration" date should indeed be the date after which the balance expires.

Nevertheless, I still plan to refill one day earlier to be safe.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Two or so iterations of the website ago it used to specify the time of day the expiration occurred. But since that went away I changed to adding the day before the given expiration day, so I'm with you on that one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    My T-Mobile Legacy Gold line was scheduled to expire tomorrow on 9/26, so I refilled this morning (the 25th) on Pinzoo.com with a $10 add. No snags. It took about 4 minutes before I got an indication the funds had indeed been applied (purchased with a credit card). First there was an email, then the Pinzoo website page I was watching cleared to a non-waiting state. I never (yet) received an SMS text from T-Mobile that funds were added, which has always been the norm. But all is well. The T-Mobile prepaid website shows the new balance.

For this line I've been using an unlocked Cricket-sourced first-gen Moto E that most definitely doesn't have 4G LTE. Fortunately in my area T-Mobile's network isn't as progressive as in more bustling locales. There's still GSM and UMTS service on most (all?) cell sites I travel through or live by (checked just now and see a big "E" in the status bar - I rarely flip the switch to check the data network; usually off). In nearby larger towns I get HSPA+ data indications. I assume I'm getting service on Band 2 and/or Band 4, which is all the phone could possibly be equipped with considering its origins on the Cricket/AT&T network of its time - compatible with T-Mobile of that time and residual to today.

I'm in the unhurried process of looking for an inexpensive (used if possible) more up-to-date handset for this line that includes all the LTE bands T-Mobile uses, especially as regards VoLTE service. An LG Aristo 2 Plus would fit the bill price-wise. Also possibly an unlocked Motorola Moto E of some vintage; doesn't have to be the 2020 version. Ideally including LTE Band 71.

Biggest hurdle will be a SIM size change, as the current phone has a micro SIM and anything current will be nano. So I'm wondering if I'll have to buy one or if somehow I could score one in a complimentary fashion, maybe at a T-Mobile store or possibly Costco, where a relative has a membership.

This is strictly a backup line. It was my first cell phone line of service. I use it very sparingly when out and about to receive a call or two, or maybe order some takeout food on impulse. Happened quite a bit early in the pandemic.

Device(s)
    Flip phone, Samsung J3 on Tello
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, H2O, Page Plus, Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    >I'm looking for an inexpensive handset for T-Mobile, w/ VoLTE.

If you don't mind a smaller phone, the LG Leon does well on Tmobile. Lots of them around, usually around $20. I have 2 of them on Tello.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Taking a look at it, the Leon is an 8G storage device that originally had Android Lollipop on it, and does not have LTE Band 71, if what I've dug up to read is correct. Which would thereby disqualify it from the running.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to GnatGoSplat, I paid $1 (+ taxes and fees) today 12/16/2021.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...e-balance-quot

Before making payment, I saw:

Renewal Amount $0.00
    You must have enough in your prepaid service balance before 12/17/2021 to renew your service

Balance Expiration 12/17/2021
    I made payment: Add to balance > Make a one-time payment > 1.00 > website calculated taxes & fees

Payment was not reflected on account home webpage until refreshing the webpage.

I then saw:

Renewal Amount $0.00
    You must have enough in your prepaid service balance before 12/17/2021 to renew your service

Balance Expiration 12/16/2022
    I plan to pay on 12/15/2022, another Thursday.

I never received a text reminding me my balance was about to expire, nor payment was made.
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...payment-is-due

I also noticed on the right side, See payment summary > Balance and payment details > expand Refill, there is "Transfer payment".

I only have one line per account, but it looks like if you have multiple lines under one account, you can now move balances around yourself?
    Last edited by andyk88; 12-16-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3