Hybrid View

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Legacy PAYGO future refill time of day deadline

Here's an obscure question:

The my.t-mobile.com website used to report, on the day my refill was due, that it expired at xx/xx/xxxx at 9:00 p.m. I always, in years past, added my refill PIN sometime that day prior to this time.

With the site makeover (whenever that happened), I just visited it for the first time since, and the way it's rendered now it shows the expiration as "yyyy/mm/dd - 04:00".

Other than the format change, is this military time for 0400 at some given time zone (UTC/GMT for instance) or is there is conversion to EDT that this corresponds to? During Daylight Saving Time the ET zone is four hours behind UTC, so should I simply assume they're suggesting midnight of the specified day? Actually 0400 of a given date would seem to be midnight of the preceding day in the EDT zone (look at it as midnight where I'm at is 4:00 a.m. UTC tomorrow).

Thought I'd ask and see what the interpretations are from contributors.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just opened my.t-mobile.com with my gold rewards number + password. There is no time, just a date in August of 2020 . Because of the question you raise about the interpretation of the expiration date, I like to renew a few days in advance.

When I renewed, it seemed like the renewal "year" was 360 days.

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone SE, Zmax 2
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Tello, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    I just renewed my legacy gold rewards pay-go. Refilled on August 26, 2019. Expires on August 25, 2020. It usually expires on the same day next year, but next year is a Leap Year, so I lost one day. So it should be 365 days extension. Balance still rolling.

I'm guessing T-mobile is in the Pacific Time Zone, since their HQ is in Seattle, WA. I always refill on the expiration date and it has worked so far the past 7+ years. They usually send a text message a few days before your account expires with the expiration date.

I only use the automated phone number to check balance, no online account. #999# #BAL# (#225) and 611 (automated voice system with balance, minutes, and expiration date).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I always refill the day of (for the 14 years I've had the line of service). I was just trying to determine if anything may have changed with the change in the website, such that some sort of "tricks" might be in play that I'd want to avoid. These Legacy accounts may seem benign to us and we may have trusting attitudes toward T-Mobile, but this is big business and you can't take anything for granted. They'd like to see these accounts gone, you can be sure of that.

Feedback Score
    Delete

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rojniles; 08-31-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Device(s)
    q9h
    Carrier(s)
    tmo prepaid
    Feedback Score
    the new site redesign is sneaky as hell.

now it doesn't even show the expiration date.

They're also trying to make it look like I have to sign up for a new plan on my renewal date.

I bet a lot of people are going to unintentionally lose their legacy status, and tmo will force them to sign up for their more expensive prepaid plans.

This is all I see on my account.

Look at this SNEAKY shiet....

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by link626 View Post
    the new site redesign is sneaky as hell.

now it doesn't even show the expiration date.

They're also trying to make it look like I have to sign up for a new plan on my renewal date.

I bet a lot of people are going to unintentionally lose their legacy status, and tmo will force them to sign up for their more expensive prepaid plans.

This is all I see on my account.

Look at this SNEAKY shiet....

I have a T-Mobile legacy PayGo account and my expiration date and refill button are on the https://my.t-mobile.com/home page. Your screenshot looks like the "Accounts" tab. From that page tap the My T-Mobile logo in the top left corner to go to the home page.
    See my list of 2019 Black Friday prepaid and unlocked phone deals at https://prepaidcompare.net/bf2019.html

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    This is what I'm seeing as of right now:

Name:  tmoScreenshot.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  21.8 KB

Last week, in the line where the date appears, was a different format that included what looked like a time indication. Looks like things are in flux with this. Not critical.

Feedback Score
    $10 refill cards have always added 364 days for me. Because 364 % 7 = 0, the expiration weekday will be the same.

Because there is an extra day in February 2020, after I refilled on 7/13/19, my expiration date became 7/11/20. But both are Saturdays.

The website now shows Jul 12, 2020 (instead of 7/11/20 11 p.m. [Mountain]).

So I think you want to refill before, not on, the date shown on the new website.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    This is what I'm seeing as of right now:

Name:  tmoScreenshot.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  21.8 KB

Last week, in the line where the date appears, was a different format that included what looked like a time indication. Looks like things are in flux with this. Not critical.
    Does it still have the option to switch your plan to the $3 a month plan?

That's what I want to do with the one that I have that has way too much money on it.

I figure that I can slowly run that down rather than the money just vanishing if or when T-Mobile flushes the Legacy Gold users out after the merger with that other company.

Of course there is no promise that they will let us stay on the $3 a month plan either.

Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Does it still have the option to switch your plan to the $3 a month plan?

That's what I want to do with the one that I have that has way too much money on it.

I figure that I can slowly run that down rather than the money just vanishing if or when T-Mobile flushes the Legacy Gold users out after the merger with that other company.

Of course there is no promise that they will let us stay on the $3 a month plan either.

I have a legacy PayGo account. When I choose Change Plan on My T-Mobile. It no longer shows the $3 plan as available. That plan was listed a few months ago.

Plus it still only offers me the old monthly plans:
    $45 4 GB
    $50 10 GB
    $75 Unlimited data

Not the current plans listed on https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/simply-prepaid:
    $40 10 GB
    $50 Unlimited data

Feedback Score
    Oh crap.
    I've got a huge balance one of my Legacy Gold plans and was holding off switching to the $3 a month plan on it.

I have one phone on the $3 a month plan.
    Wonder if I can add the Legacy money to the $3 plan.

I had done that twice waaaay back when the eBay guy was selling the Legacy Gold SIM cards cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    I have a legacy PayGo account. When I choose Change Plan on My T-Mobile. It no longer shows the $3 plan as available. That plan was listed a few months ago.

Plus it still only offers me the old monthly plans:
    $45 4 GB
    $50 10 GB
    $75 Unlimited data

Not the current plans listed on https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/simply-prepaid:
    $40 10 GB
    $50 Unlimited data

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was never aware of the plan switch availability to the $3 one from the website (never paid attention).

I thought, based on reports here on HoFo, that for NEW lines of service wanting the $3/mo plan, you'd have to go to MVNO Ultra (which is certainly a strange idea to me). Now it would seem as if it's simply been withdrawn as an option even for existing lines of service. Kind of locks your accrued balance into one thing, unless you opt for a big time monthly plan

I'm just intending to renew as usual. There have been no warnings about being kicked off the plan with no recourse available.

Feedback Score
    I will be brushing up close to $500 on the big balance line.
    I'm at $489 and change on that one right now.

Early April 2020 is when I will have to add a new $10 for the roll over.

I switched one of the eBay Gold Rewards lines to the $3 plan when I tried to top it up and roll it over a few years ago and it only added 90 days instead of the usual 1 year.
    I figured I would go with it rather than dealing with customer service about it.

I can usually talk away 30 minutes in a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    I was never aware of the plan switch availability to the $3 one from the website (never paid attention).

I thought, based on reports here on HoFo, that for NEW lines of service wanting the $3/mo plan, you'd have to go to MVNO Ultra (which is certainly a strange idea to me). Now it would seem as if it's simply been withdrawn as an option even for existing lines of service. Kind of locks your accrued balance into one thing, unless you opt for a big time monthly plan

I'm just intending to renew as usual. There have been no warnings about being kicked off the plan with no recourse available.

Device(s)
    q9h
    Carrier(s)
    tmo prepaid
    Feedback Score
    in the past, expiration was always midnight of the printed date.
    so you would always need to renew the day before 11:59pm at the latest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast