Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Finally HD voice between T-mobile users

Feedback Score
    I dunno why T-Mobile just can’t get their act together on this.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    I dunno why T-Mobile just can’t get their act together on this.
    I'm assuming since T-Mobile is getting HD Voice with Sprint and AT&T, it's probably Verizon dragging their feet on this one.

They're losing a ton of customers to T-Mobile, and it's within thier best interest to keep Verizon to T-Mobile calls sounding worse than their "in network" calling... AT&T charges the same price, and those customers usually do not swap back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Yep & I am actually seeing band 71 in that area. Granted it is in a National Battlefield park area so NIMBY's are part of the tower shortage issue there. T-Mobile has been expanding like crazy around here in the last few years with quite a few new sites. I am very pleased overall with T-Mobile otherwise so far. Data is fast & VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling work right out of the box.

T-Mobile has a site right across from the street from work & band 66/4 work all the way at the bottom of our parking garage (3 floors down)
    Oh good, T-Mobile has been pretty solid for me, although on every carrier I can count the number of dropped calls i've had on a single hand the last 5yrs or so.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    Visible: $25 “toy” SIM card to throw in whatever’s secondary.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I'm assuming since T-Mobile is getting HD Voice with Sprint and AT&T, it's probably Verizon dragging their feet on this one.
    No HD Voice between Sprint & T-Mobile in DC as of yesterday for me. It did work between Sprint & Verizon just once a while back, but not since then. . . .

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    No HD Voice between Sprint & T-Mobile in DC as of yesterday for me. It did work between Sprint & Verizon just once a while back, but not since then. . . .
    The Sprint user has to have VoLTE turned on, if they're still using 1x for calls then no HD. (most I know on Sprint are still using 1x - as they have to manually turn VoLTE on in most cases)

I've turned on VoLTE on so many of my friends phones, and even at work when I see a person with a Sprint phone, i tell them to turn it on.. and usually get comments about how much better the calls are afterward.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus, Moto G4 Play
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    The Sprint phone does have VoLTE turned on. It worked once, but not since then. Very strange indeed.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    The Sprint phone does have VoLTE turned on. It worked once, but not since then. Very strange indeed.
    Yeah, that's odd as everyone I know on Sprint I get HD Voice since they've turned it on.. but all of them live in Chicago where Sprint had a known very strong LTE footprint.

Feedback Score

They're losing a ton of customers to T-Mobile, and it's within thier best interest to keep Verizon to T-Mobile calls sounding worse than their "in network" calling... AT&T charges the same price, and those customers usually do not swap back and forth.
    It’s entirely possible T-Mobile is the hold up so they can make Verizon look bad. There’s really no way to know. Neither company will ever tell the truth.

Feedback Score
    My HD Voice calls with my friend on Sprint was between New Jersey and somewhere in New England or New York State and it sounded pretty great. Of course he was using WiFi calling since he still can’t get the Pebble working and Sprint coverage in the woods apis nearly non existent.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    It’s entirely possible T-Mobile is the hold up so they can make Verizon look bad. There’s really no way to know. Neither company will ever tell the truth.
    I’ve worked for both, and from doing work for both entities.. I’m betting it’s Verizon. They pull things like this on purpose. (Do not get me wrong, as an employee.. they treated me fantastic - but I would not put it past them to do this on purpose due the sheer lack of port out to T-Mobile they deal with)

T-Mobile on the other hand being the “smaller” carrier has nothing to gain, Verizon is the one with everything to loose considering T-Mobile coverage is close and in some cases better than Verizon now thanks to the new spectrum holdings.

Feedback Score
    I’ve worked for both, and from doing work for both entities.. I’m betting it’s Verizon. They pull things like this on purpose. (Do not get me wrong, as an employee.. they treated me fantastic - but I would not put it past them to do this on purpose due the sheer lack of port out to T-Mobile they deal with)

T-Mobile on the other hand being the “smaller” carrier has nothing to gain, Verizon is the one with everything to loose considering T-Mobile coverage is close and in some cases better than Verizon now thanks to the new spectrum holdings.
    How does T-Mobile have nothing to gain? They have everything to gain. T-Mobile prevents HD Voice from working with Verizon, Verizon customers get upset thinking it’s Verizon’s fault and they leave to another company like T-Mobile, T-Mobile gets more customers and Verizon loses customers, Verizon then has less money to bid on spectrum and/or spend on capital expenditures and T-Mobile then only has to contend with AT&T. It’s diabolical.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    How does T-Mobile have nothing to gain? They have everything to gain. T-Mobile prevents HD Voice from working with Verizon, Verizon customers get upset thinking it’s Verizon’s fault and they leave to another company like T-Mobile, T-Mobile gets more customers and Verizon loses customers, Verizon then has less money to bid on spectrum and/or spend on capital expenditures and T-Mobile then only has to contend with AT&T. It’s diabolical.
    People are leaving Verizon because they don't have HD voice calls to T-Mobile customers? That's a new one!

I talk to people on landlines (no HD-voice) all day long with my Verizon iPhone and I've never once had a complaint about the audio quality.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    You're thinking the opposite way

T-Mobile's network has caught up to be good enough for i'd say ~95% of verizon's users.. Verizon charges a substantial premium to those users.

It's in Verizon's best interest to do everything they can to keep those customers... so when say cousin swaps to T-Mobile, and verizon user notices reduced call quality to them after swapping - the Verizon user blames T-Mobile for being the cheaper network (as they always do, every verizon user I know is smug in this regard) and then feel validated for paying for a premium tier1 provider.

Verizon will not do this with AT&T as they essentially charge the same bloated rate - they have much less of a chance losing a customer to AT&T than T-Mobile.

Feedback Score
    You're thinking the opposite way

T-Mobile's network has caught up to be good enough for i'd say ~95% of verizon's users.. Verizon charges a substantial premium to those users.

It's in Verizon's best interest to do everything they can to keep those customers... so when say cousin swaps to T-Mobile, and verizon user notices reduced call quality to them after swapping - the Verizon user blames T-Mobile for being the cheaper network (as they always do, every verizon user I know is smug in this regard) and then feel validated for paying for a premium tier1 provider.

Verizon will not do this with AT&T as they essentially charge the same bloated rate - they have much less of a chance losing a customer to AT&T than T-Mobile.
    I simply cut people out of my life if they switch to T-Mobile. You say it’s in Verizon’s best interest to keep those customers but if T-Mobile isn’t playing ball because they know they’ll steal those Verizon customers away because of a lack of HD Voice interoperability, then what is Verizon to do?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I simply cut people out of my life if they switch to T-Mobile. You say it’s in Verizon’s best interest to keep those customers but if T-Mobile isn’t playing ball because they know they’ll steal those Verizon customers away because of a lack of HD Voice interoperability, then what is Verizon to do?
    You then, are the exact customer they’re looking for to feel smug about using Verizon’s garbage spectrum constrained network for a premium... congratulations!

You have exactly proven my point!

The customer like you is exactly why Verizon will not follow along and cooperate. if T-Mobile can do HD Voice to AT&T and not Verizon.. it has to be Verizon not playing nice because of people in this example I’ve now quoted here

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Verizon is making itself look bad. T-Mobile would certainly want their customers to have the best hd calling experience possible. Regardless T-Mobile will certainly become the number one carrier in customers and network superiority at the rate verizon treats it customers.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast