Thread: New USB Modem to AT&T!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three UK
    Feedback Score

New USB Modem to AT&T!

AT&T Introduces,

The AT&T Global Modem USB 800 by Inseego.

Specs:

Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon X20

Processor: 1.4 Ghz Single core.

Ram: 4 Gigabytes.

Wireless Technology:

4G LTE Band's Supported: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20, 28, 29, 30, 66.

4G HSPA+/3G UMTS Frequency Support:850/900/1800/1900/2100MHz

2G/EDGE/GPRS Support: Does not support 2G/EDGE/GPRS.

Sim card type: Nano sim required.

Usage: For anyone who wants a USB modem for their laptop for an on the go internet connection, Business users, Backup POS internet connectivity, Desktop data connection via USB port.

Price: $9.00 per month for 20 months on an installment plan, $179.99 Full retail price.

Link: https://soc.att.com/2NpnPSq
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 100 Megs per second internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Three UK sim as secondary.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Saw this today. Looks nice. Might pick one up to use in my router instead of the Nighthawk.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Only downside is that it's using the same dated Qualcomm USB 2.0 modem chassis.

So you're hobbled to 480 Mbps at all times. Even with 5xCA and a clean Cat 18 connection.

It's better than nothing. But it's still not great at the same time.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Only downside is that it's using the same dated Qualcomm USB 2.0 modem chassis.

So you're hobbled to 480 Mbps at all times. Even with 5xCA and a clean Cat 18 connection.

It's better than nothing. But it's still not great at the same time.
    480Mbps is hell of a lot better than nothing lol. If $9 is unlimited, not bad at all but I am pretty certain there are ways to turn this into a personal hotspot, and people will do it. AT&T seems to be handing out certain unlimited data plans for dirt cheap now. I’ve been wondering why, especially when they know people are using the Mobley plans in other devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    480Mbps is hell of a lot better than nothing lol. If $9 is unlimited, not bad at all but I am pretty certain there are ways to turn this into a personal hotspot, and people will do it. AT&T seems to be handing out certain unlimited data plans for dirt cheap now. I’ve been wondering why, especially when they know people are using the Mobley plans in other devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I read that to mean $9 for the device payment.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    The $9/month is the device payment plan. $9 x 20 months = $179.99 full retail price.

AT&T has never offered a $9/month unlimited data plan for consumers. The Mobley tied the Ogo as their cheapest ever.

Technically Sprint offered PCS Vision for $10/month in 2002-2004, but that was as an add-on to voice plans. Some of us combined it with a $9.99 add-a-line and got PCMCIA cards active as voice lines - but that still with base plan was higher than Mobley and Ogo.

(I'm sure someone will mention T-Zones now, but with add-a-line and base plan... same diff).

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    The $9/month is the device payment plan. $9 x 20 months = $179.99 full retail price.

AT&T has never offered a $9/month unlimited data plan for consumers. The Mobley tied the Ogo as their cheapest ever.

Technically Sprint offered PCS Vision for $10/month in 2002-2004, but that was as an add-on to voice plans. Some of us combined it with a $9.99 add-a-line and got PCMCIA cards active as voice lines - but that still with base plan was higher than Mobley and Ogo.

(I'm sure someone will mention T-Zones now, but with add-a-line and base plan... same diff).
    mobley unlimited data lines could be had for $10 if you had an existing account

not bad!

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    AT&T Introduces,

The AT&T Global Modem USB 800 by Inseego.

Specs:

Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon X20

Processor: 1.4 Ghz Single core.

Ram: 4 Gigabytes.

Wireless Technology:

4G LTE Band's Supported: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 20, 28, 29, 30, 66.

4G HSPA+/3G UMTS Frequency Support:850/900/1800/1900/2100MHz

2G/EDGE/GPRS Support: Does not support 2G/EDGE/GPRS.

Sim card type: Nano sim required.

Usage: For anyone who wants a USB modem for their laptop for an on the go internet connection, Business users, Backup POS internet connectivity, Desktop data connection via USB port.

Price: $9.00 per month for 20 months on an installment plan, $179.99 Full retail price.

Link: https://soc.att.com/2NpnPSq
    does it have an external antenna connector(s)? if so any idea what type of connector? and how many?

Feedback Score
    Yes, it has single antenna connector that is TS9.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman2 View Post
    Yes, it has single antenna connector that is TS9.
    thank you!

Feedback Score
    Here are some thoughts after one week of using the USB800. I was using a Nighthawk M1 (non B14) since the first week it came out. With the Nighthawk the most I would get on any tower was in the 40-50 down and 20 to 40 down. Pretty good I thought. On these same towers I now get 100 to 150 down and 30-50 down. This is in a small town of 16K near a interstate. Still don't know why the Nighthawk would not perform as good as the USB800.

Carrier(s)
    VZW & ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman2 View Post
    Here are some thoughts after one week of using the USB800. I was using a Nighthawk M1 (non B14) since the first week it came out. With the Nighthawk the most I would get on any tower was in the 40-50 down and 20 to 40 down. Pretty good I thought. On these same towers I now get 100 to 150 down and 30-50 down. This is in a small town of 16K near a interstate. Still don't know why the Nighthawk would not perform as good as the USB800.
    what radios do they both have? guessing not the same...

Feedback Score
    I tethered the Nighthawk to the laptop for a direct connection. I was using 5G radio wireless but speeds were the same. USB800 is a direct connection.

Feedback Score
    I also have a gen1 Nighthawk, and see similarly poor performance compared to my iPhone, for example, which is generally 2x faster.

Unfortunately a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB capable hotspot is far more useful (for me at least) than a laptop only USB dongle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro