Feedback Score

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mogelijk View Post
    I'm buying a Note 10. I couldn't resist Samsung's $600 trade in offer, with $150 credit for accessories on top of that.
    I'm trading in my S10+, and they gave me $450, what phone did you trade it to get $600? I got $50 Samsung credit for reserving it, and $150 Samsung credit on top of that, I'll get the $200 Samsung credit approximately 14 days after I receive the Note 10+, which is coming today. I also opted in to the upgrade program. I really like the way they do the trade in credit, too, giving it to you right off the bat, instead of having to wait for it. All in all, I'm pretty happy with Samsung.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Dave all I got say is you are one of the members on this board that I really like. We think alike in so many ways Iíve enjoyed our PM conversation. Salute to you my friend for your service.
    I did reply but I thought your message box was full.

Feedback Score
    None. I'm sitting it out this year. Next year I might get the Pixel 4a. Most of the other Androids (including Samsung) are out of the question because they pretty much don't provide updates.

Apple is excellent with updates, but I don't want to downgrade from Android to the crippled, locked down, harder-to-use world of IOS

My Pixel 3 will be up-to-date for a while, that works with all the current T-Mobile bands.

5G won't be any sort of concern until a few years from now, right now it is in demo mode, basically.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Iím pondering selling my XS Max while it will still get $800-900 since itís 256gb. Then buying the new iPhone next month.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    i thought i was quite alone on this one... NOT upgrading. I did however bought an iphone XR because my SE finally gave upa few months back. and probably will do all my upgrades until 2020

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    B. Just received my Note 10+ factory unlocked yesterday.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Somehow I ended up with Motorola phones ,

Moto e5 play free from Tmobile
    Moto e5 from Home shopping netwotk , Tracfone with 12 months service and 1500/1500/i.5gb for $60

and I just bought a Moto G7 power because I wanted the larger battery for travel ,

they all seem fine , especially for the price point ,

But I am not on my phone hours a day , so your mileage may vary

And it seems that the trend is taller phones , not wider , all of these Motos are not as wide as my Nexus 6 !
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    Somehow I ended up with Motorola phones ,

Moto e5 play free from Tmobile
    Moto e5 from Home shopping netwotk , Tracfone with 12 months service and 1500/1500/i.5gb for $60

and I just bought a Moto G7 power because I wanted the larger battery for travel ,

they all seem fine , especially for the price point ,

But I am not on my phone hours a day , so your mileage may vary

And it seems that the trend is taller phones , not wider , all of these Motos are not as wide as my Nexus 6 !
    My dad has a Moto e5 Play with Consumer Cellular, and loves it! For an under $100 phone, I'm seriously impressed. To think, I paid hundreds for my first cellular phone in the early 90's, and all it did was make and receive calls

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    Iím pondering selling my XS Max while it will still get $800-900 since itís 256gb. Then buying the new iPhone next month.
    I usually do the same thing. You get the most value out of your phone that way. Then you get a new phone every year for like 200 bucks.

Unless something big somehow didnít get leaked I really donít see much of a reason to upgrade. The modem upgrade probably wonít be noticeable for performance so the only real bump I see is picture quality and for me at least I donít think thatís enough to tempt me into upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post
    I usually do the same thing. You get the most value out of your phone that way. Then you get a new phone every year for like 200 bucks.

Unless something big somehow didn’t get leaked I really don’t see much of a reason to upgrade. The modem upgrade probably won’t be noticeable for performance so the only real bump I see is picture quality and for me at least I don’t think that’s enough to tempt me into upgrading.
    I also like getting the most value for the phone I've been using for a year already. Also a new battery, camera, bands, features, warranty, etc. And the knowledge that no matter what, it's probably only for a year anyway. I have already mentioned that I use the Apple 10% discount for Vets, so that is definitely a factor now also.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, wife S10
    Carrier(s)
    T-M
    Feedback Score
    Got 3a XL about 2 months ago. Replaced LG G6 which needed new battery and seemed to maybe have other problems. Paid less than $50 as I recall.
    Wife had to replace her Samsung S7 which had lots of problems. Got S10 a month ago when TM ran a great trade in special. Paid something like $450 or $475 as I recall.
    GoogleVoice (domestic call forwarding and cheap intl. calls) Use GV to give us a "home" number in a 2nd location
    8 T-Mobile lines - Unlimited talk and text, data. TM One plan. Get $10/mo. rebate on 7 lines for low data use. Net cost about $185-190/mo. We haven't had a landline in more than 17 years.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trees12 View Post
    Here are your options:

F)LG G8 Thin Q

G)Some other device not listed

H)I am keeping my phone and not spending money on a new phone

I will most likely be upgrading to the iPhone 11 so option E for me.
    I bought the Lg G8 open box (but never used) and it's been a great device.

I'm glad I went from my G6 to the G8 and skipped the G7.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Pixel 4 XL or the 2019 iPhone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInPa View Post

Unless something big somehow didnít get leaked I really donít see much of a reason to upgrade. The modem upgrade probably wonít be noticeable for performance so the only real bump I see is picture quality and for me at least I donít think thatís enough to tempt me into upgrading.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Basically it's an enhanced triple camera, professional grade video recording, new matte finish, reverse wireless charging, improved shatter resistance, Face ID unlock from any angle even if the phone is lying down, dramatically enhanced water resistance... The major redesign isn't coming till 2020.

No 5G NR and we still got the "notch," but I'm still getting one. By the time next year comes around hopefully NR devices will support low, mid and mmWave band 5G frequencies. None of the NR devices on the horizon as they stand currently support all three; either one or two but not all three.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ďThe Internet wasnít meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so itís insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead ó itís a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.Ē John Legere 1/5/2017

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast