Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: new charges

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    They've already shown they don't have an obligation to do it ever since they offered the T-Mobile One plan with no fees.
    So you're telling us that T-Mobile's price, advertised as "taxes and fees included," do not include said taxes and fees?

You would defend TMo to the death, regardless of facts.

That being said, the FCC allows them to charge such fees (as previously cited) and other competitors do charge those fees. So they are well within their rights to do so as well.
    That the FCC allows them to do so, doesn't obligate them to do so. What about that premise confuses you?

You fail to state what defies logic in charging a fee that regulators permit being charged.
    That the FCC allows them to do so, doesn't obligate them to do so. What about that premise confuses you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    This is slightly off topic, but here's a link I want you to save until you need it, Jet:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...?noredirect=on

It's a WaPo story about how dogs are bad for the planet environmentally. It has nothing to do with wireless, but just in case John Legere is involved in an embarrassing scandal someday for kicking or torturing a dog, I wanted to save you time when jumping to his defense.
    At noon. In Times Square. On a Tuesday.

Feedback Score
    Just because it's legal, doesn't mean it's right, and it certainly doesn't mean it's consumer friendly.
    I wasn't speaking to whether it was "consumer friendly" or not. As it said on the FCC's website at the link I gave:

"The FCC does not require this charge to be passed on to you, but service providers are allowed to do so. "

The FCC allows them to do that. The FCC also lists out other items that are allowed.

"some of the charges you may see on both your wireline and wireless telephone bills:"

and it goes on to list items such as: 911, Local Number Portability, Telecommunications Relay Service and Universal service charges.

All of these completely known and authorized by the FCC. As I said if you don't think they should pass along these charges to the consumer, complain to the FCC. They authorize it and they can stop it. Instead you come on a forum and gripe about T-Mobile exercising their governmental rights. And no mention of you making any complaint to the FCC whatsoever. If anything defies logic, it would be that.

in case John Legere is involved in an embarrassing scandal someday for kicking or torturing a dog
    To even suggest that Legere would do such a thing is just more of the type of anti-TMobile propaganda that you are known for.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wasn't speaking to whether it was "consumer friendly" or not. As it said on the FCC's website at the link I gave:

"The FCC does not require this charge to be passed on to you, but service providers are allowed to do so. "

The FCC allows them to do that. The FCC also lists out other items that are allowed.

"some of the charges you may see on both your wireline and wireless telephone bills:"

and it goes on to list items such as: 911, Local Number Portability, Telecommunications Relay Service and Universal service charges.

All of these completely known and authorized by the FCC. As I said if you don't think they should pass along these charges to the consumer, complain to the FCC. They authorize it and they can stop it. Instead you come on a forum and gripe about T-Mobile exercising their governmental rights. And no mention of you making any complaint to the FCC whatsoever. If anything defies logic, it would be that.

To even suggest that Legere would do such a thing is just more of the type of anti-TMobile propaganda that you are known for.
    First, in this thread we're discussing the "regulatory fee" line item, not the Universal Service Fund, which is what the quote from the FCC link you're pointing to is discussing, and which is a legit charge (at least from the standpoint that it is levied by a government agency. I imagine some us here *cough*NotaBiot*cough* would probably argue the government has no right levying any fee ensuring rural areas and schools have access to communications!)

The regulatory fee is more like the "handling" in "shipping and handling" which is used to legitimize charging $10 to cover $3 worth of postage.

And as to my "anti T-Mo propaganda", that's certainly the rosehips calling the tea kettle magenta, isn't it? I dare you, Howard Forums' resident T-Mo propagandist, to cite a single example of your claim. I've mentioned here many times that I'm a happy T-Mo customer of nearly two contiguous DECADES (started in October, 2001 with Voicestream) as well as a shareholder. How long have you been a customer (or, how long have you been on their payroll. It's hard to tell which one it is from your posts.) That doesn't mean I have to pee magenta or pretend T-Mobile is perfect in every way like you do. IMHO, to paraphrase an oft-abused quote, T-Mobile is the WORST wireless carrier out there, except for all the others. But as the value-leader in the theiving rogue's gallery we call the wireless industry, they have my loyalty until someone better comes along, which seems very unlikely anytime soon.

I'll part with another overused quote. Entrepreneur and radio talk show host Bruce Williams used to say "Never love anything that can't love you back." T-Mobile is a corporation, not your spouse or sweetheart- you're not obligated to agree with everything they do or say!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    First, in this thread we're discussing the "regulatory fee" line item, not the Universal Service Fund, which is what the quote from the FCC link you're pointing to is discussing, and which is a legit charge
    If you look at what the Regulatory Programs Fee cover on T-Mobile's website it says:

"Regulatory Programs component, funding and complying with government mandates, programs and obligations, like E911 or local number portability"

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibil...y-programs-fee

(Listed under FAQ, What is the fee for?)

And yes, the Universal Service Fund is a government mandate. T-Mobile simply groups up all of their programs into one fee instead of making the bill more complicated by listing them all out separately.

The regulatory fee is more like the "handling" in "shipping and handling" which is used to legitimize charging $10 to cover $3 worth of postage.
    This is untrue. It's an allowed reimbursement for the government mandates that they are required to pay for.

Device(s)
    Any Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you look at what the Regulatory Programs Fee cover on T-Mobile's website it says:

"Regulatory Programs component, funding and complying with government mandates, programs and obligations, like E911 or local number portability"

And yes, the Universal Service Fund is a government mandate. T-Mobile simply groups up all of their programs into one fee instead of making the bill more complicated by listing them all out separately.

This is untrue. It's an allowed reimbursement for the government mandates that they are required to pay for.
    Do you get a different T-Mobile bill than I do? My bill line-items the universal service fund, 911, and DEAF separately, then still charges me $3.18 for the regulatory fee as yet another line item. Most the stuff you seem to think the regulatory fee covers is also billed separately. Am I getting charged twice?

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You would defend T-Mobile even if Legere himself were caught on 12 video streams drop-kicking puppies in Times Square at high noon on a Tuesday.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

I agree with you Jet. I'm a very objective person and I'm with you that these fees are either passed on to the consumer or not; carrier rate plan dependent.

I hope the readers here understand that it's nothing personal it's just the reality of doing business with T-Mobile or any other wireless carrier. I hate extra fees but I'd rather pay T-Mobile a one time fee once a year or every other year for a SIM card than pay Verizon a line access fee every month.

I'm also sorry that you have to put up with all these personal attacks. That's uncalled for.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    my grandfather family 1000 plan got added lot of fees recent years.
    I have this plan with t-zone for over 13 years. it was paid for less than $60, now it is over $80.
    they just try to rob you to add bunch inflated "fees"

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Moderator warning:

Just so that everyone is clear on what is expected of you as a user of these forums....

Quote Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
    You would defend T-Mobile even if Legere himself were caught on 12 video streams drop-kicking puppies in Times Square at high noon on a Tuesday.
    ...posts like this will end with you not being able to use the forums for a while. Argue with each other all you want, but stick to the topic. When you make things personal, your contributions to the forum are not worthwhile and we'll take that ability from you for doing so. Act like adults, be respectful of each other even if you disagree. I don't feel that's too much to ask.

Become a Premium Member or Advertiser here!
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3