Thread: Double data promo on $40 plan

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity
    Feedback Score

Double data promo on $40 plan

https://bestmvno.com/cricket-wireles...ail-locations/

No love for existing customers, typical cricket promo. Can't wait until my $300 account credit is gone to port out.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    To be fair, it's not just Cricket that offers these promotions to new customers only. They pretty much all do that. AT&T prepaid & Verizon prepaid have had double data promotions a few times each over the past couple of years & it's always for new lines only & not available to current customers. Same goes for any free phone offer I've ever seen from an MVNO. They use these promo's to gain new customers. So I wouldn't leave for that reason.

However if you aren't happy with Cricket service for other reasons then I can confirm that I switched to AT&T prepaid about 2 years ago & I like it much better. For the same price per month I get more data, roll over data, faster speeds and tethering.

Feedback Score
    I'm totally convinced that At&t wants all their single line accounts to move from Cricket to At&t Prepaid.

Feedback Score
    Or another thing you can try even tho could be tough is that try asking customer care if they can give you the promo. Because sometimes Verizon prepaid will give you a promo even if for new customers only, first they will say it’s only for new customers but they come back and go out of their way to help so maybe can try that and see what happens

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I'm totally convinced that At&t wants all their single line accounts to move from Cricket to At&t Prepaid.
    I don't doubt this.
    But why?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Double data promo on $40 plan

Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    To be fair, it's not just Cricket that offers these promotions to new customers only. They pretty much all do that. AT&T prepaid & Verizon prepaid have had double data promotions a few times each over the past couple of years & it's always for new lines only & not available to current customers. Same goes for any free phone offer I've ever seen from an MVNO. They use these promo's to gain new customers. So I wouldn't leave for that reason.

However if you aren't happy with Cricket service for other reasons then I can confirm that I switched to AT&T prepaid about 2 years ago & I like it much better. For the same price per month I get more data, roll over data, faster speeds and tethering.
    Same here. Years ago Cricket used to be the best deal around for multi-line groups...best combination of decent service for an outstanding price. The 5/$100 and later 4/$100 deal were about the best deals you could find. However, the service has declined recently and the Walmart ATT promo has a pretty compelling plan - faster speeds, tethering for not much more per month.

For single lines there’s no comparison - for same price ATT gives you a much better deal.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Or another thing you can try even tho could be tough is that try asking customer care if they can give you the promo. Because sometimes Verizon prepaid will give you a promo even if for new customers only, first they will say it’s only for new customers but they come back and go out of their way to help so maybe can try that and see what happens
    Just chatted with customer service rep and was advised it is false info about promo - does not exist. Yeah, right. Just love it!!

Feedback Score
    For 1 year... lame anyway.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    I guess in theory I could open a new line on the new account to get the promo. Then merge my existing and new account and then cancel the new line. Would it work?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurojam View Post
    I guess in theory I could open a new line on the new account to get the promo. Then merge my existing and new account and then cancel the new line. Would it work?
    Yes or port out and back.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Yes or port out and back.
    I have $300 credit on the account so porting out is not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurojam View Post
    I have $300 credit on the account so porting out is not an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Also Cricket would hit you for $20 and $10 for the simm, if you go to their store.
    just the facts Ma'am

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalone View Post
    Also Cricket would hit you for $20 and $10 for the simm, if you go to their store.
    FYI...usually you can get Cricket SIM cards on Amazon for about $5. Nice to know if you ever need to keep one on hand.

Feedback Score
    Just waiting for my bonus data to show up on my new At&t Prepaid line and then I'm porting outta here. I figure $32.00 per month with discounts for 25gb per month that includes free hotspot and rollover is something Cricket won't be matching anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Just waiting for my bonus data to show up on my new At&t Prepaid line and then I'm porting outta here. I figure $32.00 per month with discounts for 25gb per month that includes free hotspot and rollover is something Cricket won't be matching anytime soon.
    It's only your 8 GB bucket that gets rollover..not the first 17.. also I got wifi calling on my note 9 (which didn't get on cricket). Where are u getting for $32?

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast