Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: unusual calling problem

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    156
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    unusual calling problem

    Not sure which forum this should go in, so please move if appropriate. I have a prepaid account with AT&T and I'm using a Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

    Sometimes when my wife calls me from work and I am home, she cannot hear me when I answer her. If she hangs up and calls me right back, she then hears me. Nothing really changed other than a second call.

    Also, the other day, I called my Dr.s office and the lady on the other end couldn't hear me. She kept saying hello. So, I hung up and called back and then they could hear me. Again, it took a second call to get through to the other party.

    Do you think this is a problem with my phone? Probably not an AT&T issue? Maybe wifi?

    Any ideas as to what I could try?

    Thanks....

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    185
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    I’d say it’s your phone - since it’s a Huawei, it probably has trouble making the connection through the servers in China the first attempt to record the call

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,325
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you were home both times could be coverage problem.

    But I take the position it's more likely a hardware problem.

    If you just rooted, had OS upgrade or installed a new app could be these too.

    I vote hardware problem with my one vote.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,325
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    I’d say it’s your phone - since it’s a Huawei, it probably has trouble making the connection through the servers in China the first attempt to record the call
    I was going to say this too. Being offhand & serious at the same time. But people don't want to hear it. And they forget the new world of spying that Snowden for the 1st time really slapped everyone in the face with the new reality.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    156
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks guys, I will try swapping the sim card into another phone I have (Moto G 6 Play) and see if that helps. I hate to have to give up my Huawei as it's been a great phone but this problem is quite annoying.

    Thanks again and I will post back after testing the sim in this other phone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    185
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I was going to say this too. Being offhand & serious at the same time. But people don't want to hear it. And they forget the new world of spying that Snowden for the 1st time really slapped everyone in the face with the new reality.
    Exactly. And it’s not even a conspiracy theory anymore - it’s in fact reality.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    185
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    Thanks guys, I will try swapping the sim card into another phone I have (Moto G 6 Play) and see if that helps. I hate to have to give up my Huawei as it's been a great phone but this problem is quite annoying.

    Thanks again and I will post back after testing the sim in this other phone.
    In all seriousness - if it is a regular occurrence I’d point to the device as the issue. Every once and a while I’ll dial a call and it won’t connect to the line I dialed. I just have to end the call and try again...that is a carrier issue but it happens randomly and infrequently.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,676
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    I’ve had that happen on rare occasions and I’m using an iPhone. So maybe the server here in the USA that records the calls for the CIA/NSA goes down for a second once in a while too?


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-30-2002, 08:23 PM
  2. Verizon LA call problems, network changes?
    By stew in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2002, 03:24 AM
  3. Nokia 8200/call problems
    By dhend in forum AT&T
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-06-2002, 07:27 PM
  4. calling problems.
    By magnus05 in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2002, 01:01 AM
  5. Calling problems
    By magnus05 in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-01-2002, 05:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks